• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Celtic League Thread 05/06

Yeah I don't really know why. Apart from a couple basic errors, we played well. Good attack and strong defence. Much better spirit aswell.

Handy enough win for Leinster against the Ospreys, picked up the bonus point as well, would be a bit anxious with Contepomi picking up a thigh injury at the end of the match, don't think Leinster could afford to lose him espeically with 2 tough enough away games at Cardiff and Edinburgh.

Well I'd be happy to see Contepomi out when you lot come accross. You making the trip An Tarbh?

Doubt it, funds aren't the best at the moment.

As for the run in at least O'Driscoll and Corrigan will both be back for next weeks game at Glasgow.

Blackadder has made 6 changes for the match against Connacht tomorrow night. Blair is rested and Hogg picked up a shoulder knock last weekend. Webster is also out with an infected toe. Leonelli, Lawson, Strokosh, Dickinson and Duley are all in.

Edinburgh Gunners

15 Hugo Southwell

14 Chris Paterson CAPTAIN
13 Marcus Di Rollo
12 Peter Jorgensen
11 Francisco Leonelli

10 Phil Godman
9 Rory Lawson *

1 Allan Jacobsen
2 Andrew Kelly *
3 Alasdair Dickinson *
4 Alastair Kellock *
5 Dave Duley
6 Matt Mustchin
8 Simon Taylor
7 Alasdair Strokosch *

Substitutes

16 Kyle Traynor
17 Dave Hewett
18 Fergus Pringle
19 Alan MacDonald *
20 Mike Blair *
21 Ander Monro
22 Michael Pyke

Now that we're in the Heineken Cup, I think it's wise to rest a few players. It gives Leonelli and Lawson a chance to say good bye and Blair has had a long season and needs a rest. Murray has also played brilliantly for both the Gunners and Scotland and is in need of a rest.

We should win this one, though Connacht are no push overs.

I wouldn't get your hopes up to be honest, Connacht don't lose often at home and with 3 games still left have a lot more to play for as well.

yah Connacht are always quite competitive at the Dog Track. They'll want to impress Bradley as well so not to give him any ambitions of leaving the province for wales or elsewhere.

JUST FOR PEOPLE TO KNOW THERES TWO HUGE GAMES ON WELSH T.V TOMMORROW.

FIRSTLY THERES

OSPREYS VS MUNSTER AT THE LIBERTY STADIUM - THIS KICKS OF 10 PAST 7 ON BBC2W

SECONDALLY THERES

ULSTER VS CARDIFF BLUES - THIS KICKS OF AT 9 ON S4C

THIS IS A GREAT DAY FRO RUGBY, AND WILL NO DOUBT HAVE A HUGE BEARING ON THE OUTCOME OF THE CELTIC LEAGUE. BOTH GAMES ARE GOING TO BE TIGHT AFFAIRS BUT MY PREDICTIONS ARE THIS

OSPREYS 26
MUNSTER 23

ULSTER 19
CARDIFF 20

Well between us and them it's normally the away side that come away with the win...infact in the past 3 years the home side has only won once and that was us, 34-3 in September. I think we can do the business, provided we play like we did last week. Though I'm not saying Connacht are completley gash.

Originally posted by loratadine@May 4 2006, 06:13 PM
JUST FOR PEOPLE TO KNOW THERES TWO HUGE GAMES ON WELSH T.V TOMMORROW.

FIRSTLY THERES

OSPREYS VS MUNSTER AT THE LIBERTY STADIUM - THIS KICKS OF 10 PAST 7 ON BBC2W

SECONDALLY THERES

ULSTER VS CARDIFF BLUES - THIS KICKS OF AT 9 ON S4C

THIS IS A GREAT DAY FRO RUGBY, AND WILL NO DOUBT HAVE A HUGE BEARING ON THE OUTCOME OF THE CELTIC LEAGUE. BOTH GAMES ARE GOING TO BE TIGHT AFFAIRS BUT MY PREDICTIONS ARE THIS

OSPREYS 26
MUNSTER 23

ULSTER 19
CARDIFF 20
Good to see your caps lock is working.

I can't see either the Ospreys or the Blues winning. Munster are just playing so well and Ulster are a better side than the Blues, even though the Blues are playing well.

its prob just wishful thinking, though ulster havent played many games rescently, so there could be a bit of rustiness, and looking at the two sqauds the ospreys are more than a match for munster.

Originally posted by loratadine@May 4 2006, 06:19 PM
its prob just wishful thinking, though ulster havent played many games rescently, so there could be a bit of rustiness, and looking at the two sqauds the ospreys are more than a match for munster.
Ospreys are not nearley as good as Munster just now, no one is. As Leinster and ourselves found out a couple of weeks back.

The thing with having no games is your either rusty, or well rested. Depends on how you use the break really.

Originally posted by loratadine@May 4 2006, 07:13 PM

OSPREYS 26
MUNSTER 23

ULSTER 19
CARDIFF 20
The Ospereys couldn't beat a small child with the form they're in. Munster by 10+.

Not sure about Ulster-Cardiff, could go either way but I back Ulster even though they haven't played much recently.

I reckon Ulster will win, Trimble is back, Boss has been awesome recently and the pack is just too dogged to give up wins at home. Ulster by 7

Munster are very weakened. They are gonna have some ameteur/development players togging out in the front row but it's good to see Alan Quinlan's return after a huge layoff. Munster by 11

ospreys pwn3d munster, 27-10, and the signs are good for next season.

and the blues are leading 12-10 at half time against ulster.

Wouldn't be worried about Munster losing tonight but would definitely be concerned with POC going off, there's no way they'll beat Biarritz if he's out for that one.

Shane Williams' first try was the most homo-erotic thing I've seen in a while.
Cardiff are shooting themselves in the foot with foul play but the ref is awful and Harrison is getting away with murder.

harrison should be shot, and shane williams walked through o gara like the ***** he is, o gara is a f***ing weakling and if a tiny guy like shane can own him like a ***** then god knows what the kiwis will do to him.

ah quit your fishing we all know that Shane Williams is the greatest player ever. :rolleyes:

Latest posts