• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Celtic League Thread 05/06

shane williams is an awesome player, but that aint my point, my point is o garas defence is shocking.

he should be shot. he aint no international fh, and carter will obliterate him. Its a pity ol' humphs has retired.

nicky robinson is a muppet and so is craig morgan, they should learn to catch and run lines.

all over, the game was pretty close, but the bues were penalised for there **** discipline

26-17

its a shame, but ive got big hopes for three of the welsh regions next year. The ospreys will have there side back, the same side that waltzed to the ***le last year plus quality signings like justin marshall and lee byrne, we will be there or there abouts, then the scarlets will have stephen jones back who should provide the spark to ignite there talented backs, and the blues have proved towards the tale end of this season that they can match the big boys.

The Blues we killed by the f***ing shocking decisions of that f***ing homer of a ref whoever the f*** he was! :ranting:

Penalty try? My arse it wasn't FFS! Harrison shoulda been red carded for being an utter c*** throughout that match and the Ulster crowd shoulda been gassed to death for their attitude!

Why oh why couldnt Munster tonight v the Osps?

the ulster fans are just passionate, although they do seem to be a bit up there arses, much like kiwi fans.

Must admit that the Welsh have the poorest discipline in the league. Frequently the Welsh sides have players binned and give away silly penalties. The Blues are a dirty team though...

Great win for the Ospreys, must admit I didn't see that one comming.

Fantastic effort from the Gunners tonight, winning 22-16 after being 13-3 down just after the break. Real gutsy effort and comitment from an understrength side. Didn't see the match, but it's seems we just didn't give up. That win also seeds us for the Heineken Cup as top Scottish side. Hopefully we can get to the quarter finals if we don't get a nightmare draw. Though we'll end up with Toulouse, it's tradition.

Next years CL looks tasty with the Ospreys looking like they won't be so hopeless next year, the Blues have got their act together, Gunners are getting better and a new gaffer will help and the Irish sides are always there or there about. The quality of the Celtic League looks set to rise.

Will be interesting to see which Irish team gets the number 1 seeding for Europe next year, will it be Munster if they win the HEC or Leinster/Ulster for winning the CL.

this is the ospreys side id like to see next year

1-d.jones
2-b.williams
3-a.jones
4-brent cockbain
5-ian evans
6-jonathan thomas
7-jono gibbes - they should hopefully get him
8-ryan jones

9-justin marshall
10-james hook
11-shane williams
12-gavin henson
13-sonney parker
14-tal selley
15-lee byrne

Cardiff were their own worst enemy, dunno what they were at giving back chat to the ref. You learn not to do that at under 8 rugby! And Molitika was having a laugh too with his antics! :D

Ulster are one of the best supported teams in the CL. For all the talk of Munster's great Heineken cup fans, they still never sell out Celtic league as consistently as they do at Ravenhill.

ravenhill is a great stadium and i can imagine would be very intimidating for away teams.

There are many problems with that post,

It is a good year and half old, Percy Montgomery was playing, Ulster were crap and without many players.

However looking at Ravenhill on Friday, I know I wouldn't like to play there on a Friday night.

Oh and Michael Changleng was reffing.

BM

You mean there's another one? Christ just when you thought there was some hope another one comes along.

Anyway Leinster just about got there against, thought we were going to lose for a moment when the scrum half made that break but what a tackle by Contepomi, legend stuff. Back to the top though and now a massive game this Sunday at the Millennium Stadium.

3 of those matches have been in the last month where Munster have had far bigger games to concentrate on and in all 3 they haven't fielded a full strength side.

Bowen and Hercus, the two most used 10s at scarlets this year, are also by far their worst. Oh the sweet irony!

Latest posts