• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Centre pair

Brian O'Driscoll and Stirling Mortlock-they could switch around at inside/outside centre. As for past players that I have seen play I would put (preparing for huge raspberry!) Warwick Taylor at 12 with Phillipe Sella outside him. Taylor was solid as a rock, barely made a mistake and set up his outside backs superbly.

I would have to have two centres who are both physical but yet creative also good kickers.

My 12 : Luke McAlistair

The 13: Stirling Mortlock

12. Giteau
13. O'Driscoll

also.. i like Umaga and Nonu in the Hurricanes few years ago..

Well we did have the chance to see BOD and Giteau play together at center but sadly, BOD had to be pulled by Leinster! A golden opportunity lost sadly and I think we'll never be able to see how the best theoretical center partnership would work in real life.

Interpros games are more important than some mickey mouse friendly that lines the pockets of the RFU.

there's speed and strength with jauzion at 12 and mortlock at 13
[/b]

that's my pick too... Been really impressed by Mortlock at the last Tri-Nation - especially against the AB's - this would be a MEAN perforring line!

12. A. Farrell
13. S. Mortlock

I'm trying to avoid a cliche here by having 'BOD' in my ideal pairing.
My logic for this is that both men would be interchangable between inside and outside, both are strong ball carriers and have decent kicking boots also.
Also another logic for having these two is both of them are good goal and tactical kickers, which would allow for more options when it comes to penelties, both long and short hand.

Latest posts