• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Centre pair

There a lot of great centres, but i would pick: McAlister & Mortlock
[/b]

Have to agree with this. Both have incredible ball skills and speed. McAlister is probably a better playmaker but is also a great runner of the ball and can break the line. With Mortlock outside him it gives him an option of having a strong runner to give the ball to. Great combo

Being Australian, I suppose I may show slight bias toward him, but Stirling Mortlock's crash balls are second to none!

He'd have to be picked as #13 in ant World XV team if the #12 was play maker. If #12 was more of just a runner (I can't really explain myself that well sorry lol) then it'd be a toss up between Mortlock and O'Driscoll at #13.

Mortlock by far the the best outside in the world, anyone who would contest that only needs to sit down and watch a tape of the Bledisloe Cup game in Melbourne. For inside, although i will be accused of bias, Matt Giteau just has to be there, McAlister is good, but wasn't it him that Mortlock brushed off at the begining of the length of the field run that put Staniforth under the posts in Melbourne?

It looks like BOD and Jauzion but
How about inside Gordan D'Arcy and outside Conrad Smith?

Jauzion looks to me to be the best 12 in the game. 13's a bit tougher. Mortlock is an exceptional player and is coming in to his prime. He is though in a good backline. O'Driscoll is in a less talented backline, is heavily marked and yet still plays well. Either would work for me tobe honest, although I do think BOD would be a better foil to Jauzion.

Rugby`s_a_Religion
QUOTE(McAlister @ Aug 31 2007, 06:59 AM)

How about no?
[/b]

It was just a meaning. You dont have to bite my head of!
:toss:

what has conrad smith ever done?

last time i saw him play for the all blacks was the lions tour in 05, has he started on the field ever since?

*edit*

so i've done a bit of research. he's played since 05... but only 3 tests

he's played 9 tests in total since 2004

Ok forget C.Smith
How about B.Habana outside center [/b]

how bout a big feckin punch in the face!

that bald blighter cant play 13 to save his mum's life!

Rugby`s_a_Religion

How about no?
[/b]

:toss: [/b]

Relig certainly is a ****** - of course it's D'Arcy at 12.

depends if you mean the best centers or the best pair of centers ... i would have said mauger umaga last year but as tana retired i'd go for jauzion traille and d'arcy BOD this year.

<div class='quotemain'>
Rugby`s_a_Religion

How about no? :bleh!: :D
[/b]

:toss: [/b]

Relig certainly is a ****** - of course it's D'Arcy at 12. [/b][/quote]
You'll notice in my post that it included a grin emoticon...which signifies non-seriousness. Get a grip mate.

it depends on so many things...especially on who are face to face? Do you want to hurt or play? Do you play Wing or not :) ?

Latest posts