• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Centre pair

M

McAlister

What are your meaning of the perfect center pairing?

I think McAlister is a must on inside but with who on the outside?

Jean de Villiers are also a good center; also Wynand Olivier and Matthew Tait
AND do not forget Of Brain O'Driscoll.

Give me your meaning of who will be the perfect center pairing.

The pre-packaged, unsweetened, and rather spicey answer from Ireland: BODarcy.

BOD and D'arcy can each split the opposition like you wouldn't believe, and together they're like a brick wall in defence - plus they rip the ball from backrow forwards to give their team regular turnovers. Best combination at center since Horan and Little - and, depending on the results over the next two months, possibly best combination ever.

McAlister is good. Tait is OK, a bit weak. De Villiers and Olivier are carthorses. France and Aus have better players than those guys - but none as good as Ireland's.

Tait has the intelligence but Shtove is being quite polite. What he means is that Tait is just too small and isn't strong enough to do the job and he is right.

If you had some way of combining BOD with Will Greenwood you seriously would have the ultimate center. Speed, power, supreme charisma and spontanious behavior combined with intelligence, luck and a superb sense of timing. I think somewhere in the United States, deep under the Mountains, a top secret US Government lab is working on extracting the DNA from strands of hair obtained from both BOD and Greenwood in order to make...the super center...

Sorry I forgot a bit of the pairing of the ierish, but the thing is I would love to here your comments on the two centers that is the best it does not matter for wich country they play.

The power of Tana Umaga and the speed of Brian O'driscoll seems good to me!

In terms of the last 4 years or so I'd definitely have Mortlock and O'Driscoll.

Any further back then that it's really hard to have a 'best' centre pairing.

Defensively for this World Cup I say Seremai Bai on the inside and Seru Rabeni on the outside...they have injured people when they were on the Pacific Isles..the last time they played together...

Brad Barrit owns your souls... [/b]
Brad Barrit is nowhere near the best. Go have some more of whatever it is you're smoking/drinking/injecting...hopefully you induce yourself in to a coma

McAllister and Conrad Smith. Of the tests they've partnered together (only a handful), the All Blacks dominated across the park. France '06 comes to mind. ;)

Give me your meaning of who will be the perfect center pairing. [/b]

Are you serious? Matthew Tait!? It's your opinion so I respect it but I think your waaaaaaaaaay off, even just comparing him to the likes of BOD is just plain wrong. He is a good enough player but he isn't world class.

I dont really know much about McAlister, so I wont choose him as I'd just be going off other people's opinions

But my pairing would be Henson and Shanklin :p nah, but seriously I'd say a fully fit Gavin Henson at 12, and O'Driscoll outside him. It's a shame about the twattishness of Clive Woodward and the unfortunate injury to BOD that we never got to see it on the shambolic 2005 Lions tour of NZ

Give me your meaning of who will be the perfect center pairing. [/b]

I dont know what the hell you SAFFAs see in Olivier. He is kak. I would rate Jamie Noon or even Ben Atiga above him and that's saying a lot.

I agree with Shtove about BOD & D'arcy. That has to be one of the best midfield pairings currently playing. Their defence is superb, attcking skills second to none and what they offer to the Irish team as a whole is a big morale booster.

Another "young" midfield pairing that I really would like to see develop further is McAlister & Toeava. First year together for the Blues and they tore the competition up. Too bad Luke is going to Sale.

Tim Horan and Philippe Sella would make the ultimate center combination.

/thread.

Tim Horan and Philippe Sella would make the ultimate center combination.

/thread.
[/b]

Nah!! best centre pairing would have been Tim Horan & Frank Bunce.

Latest posts