• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Challenge Cup 2007

Anything can happen in a final shiznit. Anyone can beat anyone. I draw your attention to the NRL grand final last year when the underdogs triumphed.

Should they beat us? Not at all. Can they? Absolutely.

it'll be interesting to see how things go next week against Les Cats in Super League...personally I think Saints' big-game experience will see them through in the CC final

Dragons not looking too good in Super League this week - poor performance leading to a loss and their once again edging closer to the bottom of the table.
Saints, however, although they didn't pull out that good a perfromance, the class was still there to win the game. Like Goranski said, maybe it's that kind of experience that will help Saints come finals time.

Saints are experienced in finals. It all comes down to your calmness on the day. I have seen many a team, Saints included, steam roller everyone in sight en route to the final, then choke on the day. We should win the game easily in theory, but that sort of attitude is asking for trouble.

do les catalans bring alot of away support with them when they play in SL?

it'd be interesting to know how many French/Catalan fans and media will turn up at Wembley - either way it's going to be a great occasion for French RL.

As long as we dont get a total hammering I will be happy. Who knows maybe our best players will play the best game of they're lives and we somehow cause an upset

Well Catalans should be really proud of where they have gotten to.
Finishing in last place last season, i know they're not doing brilliantly in the league positionings right now, but to go to the finals in the challenge cup - i'm sure nobody would have put that bet down.
And why can't they pull out that "big game"? They did it against wigan in the semi's - they have the capability to do so in the finals.

I mean how will it be looked at? Will:

Saints go there nervous/complacent of what's expected of them against a team of underdogs; and Catalans turn up knowing they have nothing to lose and just to play their hearts out - thus an upset occurs.

OR

Saints go there with the experience they have and know the job they have to do; and Catalans feel the big stage is upon them and crumble when it counts?

Granted there are far more different scenarios but it's usually something along those lines that wins the game for a team.

Catalans are ****! Wigan were more up to this challange! Nevertheless, Catalans are not a shitty team anymore but those Liverpool ******** could prove too big for their challange!

I hope St Helens will lose! Why? Easy! They are so narrow minded that they imagine it is a whole world mesmerized by them.

No way, i don`t like rugby league, it is a girlie game if you ask me but i do hope those ******** are going to lose!

Go Catalans!

Catalans are ****! Wigan were more up to this challange! Nevertheless, Catalans are not a shitty team anymore but those Liverpool ******** could prove too big for their challange!

I hope St Helens will lose! Why? Easy! They are so narrow minded that they imagine it is a whole world mesmerized by them.

No way, i don`t like rugby league, it is a girlie game if you ask me but i do hope those ******** are going to lose!

Go Catalans! [/b]

Grow up you prick,!!! dont blaspheme againgst God's game

Who are you?

All that is about this girlie game is a mockery to the real rugby! You should be ashamed!

On the other half, you, as a St Helens supporter, must be happy with the upcoming event! Anyway, my momey goes on those poor ********!

Who are you?

All that is about this girlie game is a mockery to the real rugby! You should be ashamed!

On the other half, you, as a St Helens supporter, must be happy with the upcoming event! Anyway, my momey goes on those poor ********! [/b]

I know, it was in jest you muppet and i'm a feckin Wigan fan

Well. you, as a Wigan supporter , you`ve got your cherry popped by those Catalans!

They`ve kicked St Helens arsebeatSt Helens like, in ages, you morons , you! , smth like 29 to nil which is a performance! You haven`t

Can you write that in English please :toss:

Yeah, they beat us, the best team won. We beat 30 nil a few weeks earlier, you moron.

I'm impressed with you jeffb....you're arguing with someone who clearly has no idea how to write (or type).
The tragedy that is our educational system, eh?

I did understand "girlie game" though, which leads me to believe one thing:

He's only ever watched Union.

He has nothing constructive to say. He hates Rugby League, he hates Catalans and he hates St Helens and he's not even a neutral.

Guys, let`s not forget that one of those dudes ragarding TRF has an uncle who`s in charge of Wigan flyeres and so on!

Come on, i am not ******** you, i know this guys! They are oh despite the fact that St Helens dude hates me as if i am to blame he could not convince a chick to marry him!

Nevertheless, i do support those Catalans akthough St Helen`s will make no mistaje!

come on catalan.... get stacey jones a ***le before he retires... he deserves it...

Latest posts