• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Champions Cup 2018] Final - Leinster v Racing 92

La procession. After taking out the 2017/18 table toppers of the Top 14, Premiership and Pro 14 as well as the Pro 14 and Premiership champions Leinster have the relatively easy task of the 2nd placed side in the Top 14. Notable absentees will be Maxime Machenaud and Sean O'Brien, two players who when playing have a claim to being the best in the world in their position, interesting match ups will be the former best 10 and player in the world opposite his successor; two electric if defensively inadequate wings in Thomas and Lowe; Handsome fullbacks Lambie and Kearney; and of course Isa Nacewa and [Nobody can match him, nobody]

Leisnter have been unplayable in this tournament so far and as a completely unbiased observer - Ster by 23.

Cant see anything but Leinster the one question.
If they go behind by a couple of scores early doors to they have capacity like the team who turned it around saints in cardiff to it again?
Im not sure.
Leinster worthy favs so for me by +12.
Hope its closer as a neutral just for watching.
Best of luck both teams.

Cant see anything but Leinster the one question.
If they go behind by a couple of scores early doors to they have capacity like the team who turned it around saints in cardiff to it again?
Im not sure.
Leinster worthy favs so for me by +12.
Hope its closer as a neutral just for watching.
Best of luck both teams.
They still have Sexton, man just wants to win more than anyone else on the pitch.

They still have Sexton, man just wants to win more than anyone else on the pitch.
Yes Leinster just need to make sure he doesn't have a off day.
In fairness few and far between but his plsying time is well managed by club and country.

Is Racing a tad underestimated here. They are used to weather, have depth and playing great rugby. Yes Leinster are deserved favourites but can't see this bring easy

Is Racing a tad underestimated here. They are used to weather, have depth and playing great rugby. Yes Leinster are deserved favourites but can't see this bring easy
12 degrees and raining... Paris does get almost as much rain as Dublin but those boys are used to their plastic pitch now!

I think we'll win, it'll be as tricky a game as either Exeter one though.

Hope Racing lose - cant have as European Champ a club with no fans :p

12 degrees and raining... Paris does get almost as much rain as Dublin but those boys are used to their plastic pitch now!

I think we'll win, it'll be as tricky a game as either Exeter one though.
Yes but they've played alot in heat recently. And went down training in heat

Northern Spain doesn't get as much sun as the rest. Actually Bilbao suffers from a lot more rain than Paris, Dublin or Belfast. Mid May...I would bet on thunderstorms and hoping them to be brief and around the match but not during it

12º seems to be colder than usual...I'd go with 14-15º and of course, Leinster.

Don't expect a Spaniard to side with a northern France team, specially parisian, that's even worse.

Irish Times saying Lowe will miss out with JGP on the bench, Larmour to start. Concern over Lukey's ankle.

Clearly we're very worried that McGrath's ankle will go early and aren't willing to risk Nick McCarthy playing for 70 minutes or whatever. Lowe probably paying the price for his stinker at Connacht while JGP reaping the reward for a strong performance v the Scarlets.

Was just reading the R92 forums there, plenty of their fans feeling very confident. One chap even said that R92 have a mental fortitude that Irish teams don't. Irish teams are simply professional and like to compete, whereas R92 will be playing for Dan Carter, for Andreu, for each other, etc and that's where they'll have the edge. lol ok friend.

It will be close and R92 should be confident, I don't think any side has taken them seriously enough this year and look where they are now. I will be cheering for Leinster, probably way more so than usual on account of us getting hockeyed by them. Also Irish glory. If Sexton wins a Slam, Heino Cup and a League ***le he surely must be World Rugby Player of the Year this time. Will probably go to some Kiwi as usual though.

Really as much as I'd like to Leinster to destroy R92 I want this to be close. The semis were a bit of a one sided let down after such entertaining pool matches and QFs.

Latest posts