• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 2019/2020: Pool 1

Must admit, I'm a wee bit apprehensive about this weekend. Saracens in the final was our first loss to premiership opposition since the 2016 competition and I think in that time we beat better teams than what Saints have currently but unless our starters start firing like the lads gunning for their positions a fired up and confident Saints side in the Gardens could shock us much like Toulouse did in the the Ernest Wallon last year.

Leinster are winning their conference with their B side. Resting and rotating for the CCup. You'll win that pool.

We appear to have a number of injury issues.
Leinster unlikely to be as poor as Tigers.
Pack injuries real concern both Laws Ribbans likely to miss out plus Frank's 2 hookers down as well.
Bigger Francis maybe fit but personally would keep back line bar Furbank who is out for head injury protocols.
Expecting a tough watch Saturday lunchtime.

15. Jordan Larmour (41)
14. Dave Kearney (141)
13. Garry Ringrose (67)
12. Robbie Henshaw (39)
11. James Lowe (36)
10. Johnny Sexton (162) CAPTAIN
9. Jamison Gibson-Park (79)
1. Cian Healy (211)
2. Rónan Kelleher (9)
3. Andrew Porter (56)
4. Devin Toner (239)
5. James Ryan (33)
6. Rhys Ruddock (164)
7. Josh van der Flier (75)
8. Caelan Doris (23)

16. James Tracy (101)
17. Ed Byrne (48)
18. Tadhg Furlong (103)
19. Scott Fardy (50)
20. Max Deegan (54)
21. Luke McGrath (116)
22. Ross Byrne (79)
23. Rob Kearney (212)

Team selected largely on form. Happy to see Porter and Larmour start.

Like that team. DK has been quite good so far but it will always be hard to get really excited for him. As ever I really want Adam Byrne to get a run of games.

Glad this is free to air.

Like that team. DK has been quite good so far but it will always be hard to get really excited for him. As ever I really want Adam Byrne to get a run of games.

Glad this is free to air.
To be fair Adam Byrne got a decent bit of time early on and didn't really take his chance. Higher ceiling than Dave but he's a bit of a confidence player and needs to got into form before he can be picked at this level.

Porter ahead of Furlong is the right call.

To be fair Adam Byrne got a decent bit of time early on and didn't really take his chance. Higher ceiling than Dave but he's a bit of a confidence player and needs to got into form before he can be picked at this level.

Porter ahead of Furlong is the right call.

I think Byrne is one of those players who needs to be playing regularly to hit his stride. So if we just gave him one off games to try and show he should start there's a slimmer, not impossible, chance of that happening. Obviously It's a tough balance and other guys have something to say about that.

Losing way too many collisions. Wasn't really a good series for Ringrose.

Larmour is unreal. Ruddock and co did brilliantly to get that down.

It's not exclusive to this game but referees not enforcing tacklers having to release is making such a mess of the ruck - every tackle the guy just goes straight for the ball

Why did they even check that?

Diving and waiving arms is becoming way too successful in rugby

Latest posts