Montpelier
Northampton Saints
Castres

Pool 5
Exeter
Clermont
Ulster
Bordeaux

A trip to Leinster and Saints for us, Castres we know them just a little but half decent draw for Montpellier.

Last edited:
Happy with Munster means we get an extra Home game at Thomond ;)

Hopefully our new signings will be fit for us come the pool stages.

Last edited:
Well it could be worse. At least we didn't land an English team which has actually made something of itself in the last 3 years, and whose fans have greater achievements than beating Munster at their lowest ebb in the professional era. Really dodged a bullet there.
Realistically though this is a year where improved and rounded performances are our only real goal. Racing is bad news, but I think we can maybe scratch out a result at home if we're excellent. I don't fear Glasgow one bit, and when we drive Tigs Man and his ilk howling into the sea after a total rout at Thomond Park I will know the taste of Vengeance. Just watch Game of Thrones son. Revenge is in vogue this season.

Yup it looks possibly the closest group of the lot where we might not see too many away wins.

Btw, when is Rassie Erasmus starting?
Rassie is on the ground already. Obviously it's intense fitness but next week is when I presume some rugby will come in.

I'm not worried on groups because it's like this.
If we aren't on form we are doomed anyway. But if we get momentum going I think we can all take points off each other but Munster can sneak an away win and LBP's.
Facts are:
Glasgow I think have lost few key guys and well in Europe aren't same force as Pro 12 so again it hit and miss both games.
Leicester are like us if they're in form they're tough but hell will freeze over before we let them get a 3rd win in Thomond Park.
Racing are an interesting 1. They were unreal in end of this season but have an aging team and well again I think we shouldn't expect a hammering. Like if we can compete who knows.

At least in our group we should get the 2nd place spot Munster is 10 points for most teams.

;)

Will try and get to All of them actually next year.

Happy with Munster means we get an extra Home game at Thomond ;)

Hopefully our new signings will be fit for us come the pool stages.
Tigs we are back and ******. No chance and better again we are going to the Tigers (obviously no one cares about rugby now ye a football town) and having a Vardy Party of our own. Brexit will be least of the worries :p

At least in our group we should get the 2nd place spot Munster is 10 points for most teams.

;)

Will try and get to All of them actually next year.
Leicester rugby fans: 6 toes, 14 kids and 0 chance of taking more than a point out of Limerick

Pool 1 will be vicious.

Pool 2 depends a lot on whether Connacht can repeat last season, its on a plate for Wasps/Toulouse if they can't

Pool 3 looks like 2 through already

Pool 4 is one where I feel most of the teams could be crap or amazing next year

Pool 5 looks pretty vicious too

I wish I could say I'm confident that Toulouse will do well - after their last disastrous European Cup, but with the loss of several key players I believe they'll struggle again.
Connacht are no longer the weakest province in Ireland and Wasps and Toulouse will have their work cut out going to Galway.
Pool 3 is the most clear cut. Will we see a resurgent Munster? I quite fancy Montpellier to do well.
Pool 5 is a beast of a pool and Clermont should make it - just.

Last edited:
Start a row - tell us who you think is the weakest :lol:

Ulster. Looking at these pools, it's evident that this is going to be the most balanced season there's been in a while. No pool looks particularly difficult (A being the strongest) and that will ultimately result in a much more interesting championship.

Latest posts