TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_52901896_106616041.jpg

London Welsh have parted company with head coach Phil Greening.

The former England hooker, who joined the Championship club in 2009, has been linked with the vacant Leeds job and a return to his former club Wasps.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/13500742.stm

Also:

London Welsh are delighted to announce three exciting new signings for the 2011/12 season in Seb Jewell, Ed Jackson and Gerard Mullen.

London Welsh have bolstered their back row for next season by signing of Mike Denbee from Birmingham & Solihull.

What kind of attendances does London Welsh get? And I can only presume they are one of the many championship sides that can not get promoted because of their home ground?

Then again, there are probably enough stadiums in London big enough where they could sign a ground-lease if it's capacity that's in their way of promotion to the Premiership.

PRL would find a way to keep them out - I think there's a rule where you're not allowed to groundshare with a football team unless you own the stadium they're the tenants
This is only for teams coming up to the Aviva from RFU though, so Irish and Saracens etc. are fine

PRL would find a way to keep them out - I think there's a rule where you're not allowed to groundshare with a football team unless you own the stadium they're the tenants
This is only for teams coming up to the Aviva from RFU though, so Irish and Saracens etc. are fine

Seriously? So if London Irish are relegated, they can't come back up to the Premiership according to that rule?

London Welsh should consider joining the Mangers League as the fifth Welsh region then ;)

Correct - Quite a few teams wouldn't get back up on their grounds,
Sale (not sure why as they own Edgeley Park must be seat numbers or something), Bath, Wasps, Irish, Saracens
Possibly more as well (if EP isn't good enough I imagine Kingston Park isn't either, so Falcons as well)

Presume if Welsh ever came close to promotion, instead of playing like shite in the semi's of the play offs then I did read somewhere that they would be allowed to expand Old Deer Park for it, if the council in the area agreed.

I'd like to see Welsh do well and I think next season they've got a very good chance,
Leeds aren't going to be a force like Worcester were this season, so it's wide open for who'll come up to the Aviva
Pirates, Bedford and Welsh could all do it, and then Nottingham, Doncaster and even Bristol (if they get their act together) could challenge too
Will be a good season next season

London Welsh, London Scottish and London Irish should combine and call themselves London Exiles. At least london Irish should because they're anything but Irish.

London Welsh, London Scottish and London Irish should combine and call themselves London Exiles. At least london Irish should because they're anything but Irish.

London Irish are nicknamed the Exiles ...

Presume if Welsh ever came close to promotion, instead of playing like shite in the semi's of the play offs then I did read somewhere that they would be allowed to expand Old Deer Park for it, if the council in the area agreed.

What would it cost to buy Boleyn Ground? ;)

Latest posts