• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cheap HD option for 360

C

CeeJay

I dont know if any of you other 360 owners hav considered this, but I just bought a HD cable that allows me to connect my 360 to my PC monitor. I hav a 17 inch lcd screen, and although I wouldnt hav thought so, it looks awsome, absolutely blows away my TV (DSE flatscreen with component HD cable thingys) The level of detail is amazing, its made all my games new again. For those of you who dont hav a pc or Lcd monitor, you can pick one up for about 400 plus 60 for the cable, and you hav HD gaming for half the price!! :D

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jul 20 2006, 11:50 AM
For those of you who dont hav a pc or Lcd monitor,
...There's a good chance your not reading this thread!

Seriously though, I once put mt Dreamcast through a PC monitor ant there was notable improvement, so good call that man!

Yeah Ceejay i was going to buy a DELL LCD monitor the other day for $500.00

but then i saw a pc package for $1000.00 - heck if i am going to pay $500.00 for a monitor i might aswell double the payment and get a brand new pc and what not with it....

i am happy with my TV at the moment.........and got now more room in my room for anything else.........if i was to get an lcd, i'd have to place the 360 in the living room.........and that aint happening, coz the 5.1 digital sound is in my room.

good to hear though - our options are becoming easier

Looks like buying an LCD TV is the way to go....when I look at an LCD TV and look at a plasma......is it me or does the LCD one look better?

Funny how the demos of XBox games in stores are on LCD monitors......

i got offered to buy a LCD 42" for cost plus gst the other day... i am seriosuly thinking about it cause i can put it on finance.

wanna go down and have a look to see what its like first though (its down in chch and going in a few weeks), oh i get free delivery to wellington 2 :D

I think LCD looks better, but LCD tvs arent cheap, but 17 to 19 inch monitors can be, and they look just as good.

AK, what kind of monitor does the pc come with? My LCD monitor is 17 inch and you can jsut about fit it on the window sill its so thin. It dosent hav to be an LCD monitor, any monitor that is capable of a 1280 by 1024 resolution will whip your tvs arse. Some old screens are not compatible with the cable though. I cant believe how much graphical goodness i was missing out on.

LOL good point Teh Mite, didnt think about that! So youve all got monitors, so hook them up to your 360s and tell me what you think!

Originally posted by woosaah@Jul 21 2006, 10:39 AM
i got offered to buy a LCD 42" for cost plus gst the other day... i am seriosuly thinking about it cause i can put it on finance.

wanna go down and have a look to see what its like first though (its down in chch and going in a few weeks), oh i get free delivery to wellington 2 :D
So how much is it Woosaah, and is there another one? ;)

Forget Plasmas

LCD is the future.........although there is another format coming soon which beats them all....forget its name though

the pc comes with a an LCD monitor - however NOT widescreen, in which is imperative for my purchase

My TV is big - 66cm widescreen...........100Hz at 576p

Its better than normal CRT's......i am halfway between HD and SD.

I think i will wait until the LCD TV rates keeps dropping - which is everyday.

I can pick up a massive LCD TV for $1500.00....but quality/reliability is an issue as the brand is TCL...which is big and known in china, but are just steeping into the aussie tv market

My TV is on 2 years old now............plenty more time left in her.........when i get a place of my own, i will have to buy another TV - thats when i will get an LCD.

if i see a cheap LCD monitor lurking around on sale, i may just buy it...i am a sucker for gadgets and technology...especially if its a bargain - regardless if i really need it.

My monitor does not support widescreen, so many games play with the black lines above and below the picture, but it still looks so damn good , I cant go back to my tv!

Originally posted by dobrien7+Jul 21 2006, 10:54 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-woosaah
@Jul 21 2006, 10:39 AM

So how much is it Woosaah, and is there another one? ;) [/b]
not telling, and dont know :)

ill tell you once i have seen it and decided what i want to do :p

but you prolly wouldnt get free delivery as the guy who was going to deliver it is my x flatmate and he just wants a reason to have to come to wellington :)

Latest posts