• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cleats

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Mar 6 2005, 08:18 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Mar 6 2005, 08:18 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Canadian_Rugby_Guy@Mar 5 2005, 07:13 PM
I was wondering what was the difference between 8 studs and six studs? It seems to me 8 would be good for everyone because of the extra grip it gives you on the field.
I only use 8 on a heavy pitch, as they provide more traction, but on a firmish pitch I prefer 6, just because they are lighter and I feel I can run and change direction quicker in them. All comes down to personal choice really though. [/b]
8 v 6 studs -- as SaintsFan said, it's all down to personal choice.

The forwards I've played against (as a centre, if I got tackled on the crash ball back inside I had a great view of their boots. Over, and over, and over ...) anyway, they've all used 8 studs, no matter what the pitch actually.

But as a back, I've always favored 6. I like the idea of what O'Gara does, but an 8.5 sounds way too small. I'm a UK 10 as well and I think a 9 would just be about tolerable.

And kaftka...

<!--QuoteBegin-Kaftka

IRB rankings are all that counts.

when you're a kiwi, the IRB rankings are all that you've got.
<

Oh wait, I see a trophy with some dust, dates back 13 years into the 20th century . . .

Bloody hell! I'm a size 10 usually, but wear 9.5 boots. 8.5 sounds ridiculously tight, how do you get your foot in there in the first place?

Latest posts