• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Conga-line rucking

Question: If there's a defensive ruck five metres out of the 22m line, can they do that until bringing the ruck "into the 22" so they can kick it out on the full?

I only realized now that you're a troll
Excuse me? You call me a troll for pointing out why they use tactics like that? It is better protection for the kicker because obviously you know with that few attackers they will not be suicidal and try to attack with ball in hand. When the defenders outnumber the attackers in a given phase of rugby, the defense might choose to launch very aggressively to tackle the ball carrier and reclaim the ball.

So please keep your silly comments to yourself please

Question: If there's a defensive ruck five metres out of the 22m line, can they do that until bringing the ruck "into the 22" so they can kick it out on the full?
No. There will be deemed as no gain in ground

19.1 THROW-IN
(b) When a team causes the ball to be put into their own 22. When a defending player plays
the ball from outside the 22 and it goes into that player’s 22 or in-goal area without
touching an opposition player and then that player or another player from that team kicks
the ball directly into touch before it touches an opposition player, or a tackle takes place or a
ruck or maul is formed, there is no gain in ground.
This applies when a defending player
moves back behind the 22 metre line to take a quick throw-in and then the ball is kicked
directly into touch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excuse me? You call me a troll for pointing out why they use tactics like that? It is better protection for the kicker because obviously you know with that few attackers they will not be suicidal and try to attack with ball in hand. When the defenders outnumber the attackers in a given phase of rugby, the defense might choose to launch very aggressively to tackle the ball carrier and reclaim the ball.

So please keep your silly comments to yourself please

I should keep my comments to myself on a forum? Right ok.

Also your sentence above the complaint is incoherent .. What I've gathered is that you think it's alright to do that to create more time for the scrumhalf...well it's not .. not only does it kill time it's boring and unnecessary. one or 2 players is grand..to that extent is ****ing ridiculous.

I should keep my comments to myself on a forum? Right ok.

Also your sentence above the complaint is incoherent .. What I've gathered is that you think it's alright to do that to create more time for the scrumhalf...well it's not .. not only does it kill time it's boring and unnecessary. one or 2 players is grand..to that extent is ****ing ridiculous.
Why must it create more time for a scrum half? Where did I say that? Are you trying to apply what I said about the 5 second rule in this thread now? That 5 second rule was not amended due to that. Pass that ball to the fly half and see the distance the defense must run to charge down a kick compared to a smaller ruck. Get it got? Good. Now shock me, say something intelligent.

Why must it create more time for a scrum half? Where did I say that? Are you trying to apply what I said about the 5 second rule in this thread now? That 5 second rule was not amended due to that. Pass that ball to the fly half and see the distance the defense must run to charge down a kick compared to a smaller ruck. Get it got? Good. Now shock me, say something intelligent.

I wont say.

I will show.

Give me a minute till I find the document.

I wont say.

I will show.

Give me a minute till I find the document.
Found it.

PtpUJ.jpg

I ****ing love when one questions my intellect.

Did you just post an image of cognitive testing results?
You right now:
4982659-stock-photo-of-child-holding-report-card-all-a--isolated-on-white.jpg

Haha cognitive skills test, how many points did they give you for spelling your name right? Wait there while I dig up an old spelling test that I aced when I was 10.

Meh Go ahead , I'm content with the percentile score I got.

Latest posts