• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Connacht let 13 go

F

feicarsinn

Well it seems Connacht are going to be looking at some major squad upheaval having let a huge chunk of their squad. We might see some lads come up from the AIB leagues and maybe a few of the lads like Kieran Lewis who was let go by Munster head out west. I suppose they can't do any worse than they have been over the last few years and they don't seem to have lost anyone that big so who knows maybe a bright new era on its way out west. Anyway heres the list of lads on their way out

John Lyne - prop
Brian McGovern - prop
Joe Merrigan - hooker
Conor Muldoon - hooker
David Gannon - lock
Andrew Farley - lock
Colm Rigney - back row
Andy Dunne - fly half
Tim Donnelly - fly half
Mel Deane - centre
John Hearty - centre
Danny Riordan - wing/full-back
Mike Roberts - wing
http://www.connachtrugby.ie/content/view/81819/20/

Do we know where these guys are heading? Are they moving to bigger teams? Or is this just a shuffle around?
I agree with your optimistic look at this situation. I hope a bright new era will begin.
I would like to say that I don't like the way most people veiw Connacht. Does anyone else remember the match they gave SA pre-RWC07?

I've read a rumour that Andrew Farley is off to the Ospreys. He's certainly good enough to pick up a contract with a good team. Deane is returning to Richmond (I think) as fitness coach. Danny Riordan may be off to La Rochelle in France. I don't know about the others but I suspect Gannon, Dunne and Donnelly will pick up pro contracts elsewhere.

As for who's arriving, Bernie Upton is confirmed. Brian Touhy is all but confirmed. Mark Melbourne is supposed to joining from Munster. They've been linked with Mike McComish from Cornish Pirates or Exeter Chiefs (I'm not sure which). I suspect they'll add a prop, hooker and flyhalf too. Ray Hogan, Stephen Knoop, Jeremy Manning and Mike Essex perhaps?

Latest posts