• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Contepomi vs. O'Gara

T

thelizardking

What do you think about todays "fight" between them? Maybe you didnt realise but they had a couple of discussions (before and during the game). The television never repeated it, but there were several "fights", for example when Contepomi made fun of him or when he stepped on his face. After the match he said that O'Gara Leamy and O'Callaghan were disgusting. Dont misinterpret this thread, Contepomi is a very good and polite person, but from what i heard ROG is hated everywhere, and many times he makes unnecesary and disrespectfull comments on many players (specially Argentinians). Is this right, he is really hated everywhere? If you see the match again, pay attention to their encounters.

Sorry about my english.

Well ROG's not the only one did you see BOD mouthing off at Argentina when he scored his try. He was going flat out I'm glad the Puma's put it too them especially after seeing BOD doing that.

Yes i saw that, but that was because of what the match and that try meant, i read an article that said that F. Contepomi, Hickie ,Horgan and BOD are close friends in Leinster. Contepomi and ROG are also rivals in Munster and Leinster. Here in Argentina BOD is a highly respected player. The most hated players here are POC and ROG. Maybe also EOS because of his comments on our team.

BOD has always been a prick like that. He's a great player, but seems to be a total knob.

What do you think about todays "fight" between them? [/b]
Its just a carry over from th munster Leinster thing. Contepomi is good mates with a lot of the Leinster lads, but he is pretty much open about his dislike for all things Munster.

Well ROG's not the only one did you see BOD mouthing off at Argentina when he scored his try. He was going flat out I'm glad the Puma's put it too them especially after seeing BOD doing that. [/b]
Eh hold on lads, Contepomi's hands to his ears after scoring, his constant yapping in O'Gara's ears? This was very much a two way thing. Lets not have Felipe come out of this as some sort of victim, he was the instigator in most of it .............. but............. its sport.

I'm a fan of Contepomi and while I think he went overboard, it was only with the Munster lads. It is a personal arguement after all the guff they game him in that HEC quarter final and to be honest, it didnt bother me. He's earned the right to rub their noses in it.

What do you think about todays "fight" between them? Maybe you didnt realise but they had a couple of discussions (before and during the game). The television never repeated it, but there were several "fights", for example when Contepomi made fun of him or when he stepped on his face. After the match he said that O'Gara Leamy and O'Callaghan were disgusting. Dont misinterpret this thread, Contepomi is a very good and polite person, but from what i heard ROG is hated everywhere, and many times he makes unnecesary and disrespectfull comments on many players (specially Argentinians). Is this right, he is really hated everywhere? If you see the match again, pay attention to their encounters.

Sorry about my english.
[/b]

They have had a few run ins over the years while playing for Munster and Leinster nothing too unusual about it really to be honest. As Munster have been more successful at provincial level over the past few years the Munster lads have had plenty of reasons to rub his nose in it. F Contepomi got his chance for a bit of deserved payback yesterday. As they say what goes around comes around.

The Irish players while they get on very well when on international duty, there wouldn't be too much love lost between them when they don the Red of Munster and the Blue of Leinster it is fair to say.

ROG is jealous of Felipe!!!!!

Felipe is better in many aspect of the play and he show that yesterday!!!!!

ROG is jealous of Felipe!!!!! Felipe is better in many aspect of the play and he show that yesterday!!!!! [/b]
Oh please. Felipe also has a history of bottling it against Munster. This is one of the reasons why some of us were happy enough to see him give it back in spades on Sunday to the Munster lads that have been handing it out. You never want to see it, but given the circumstances, it was fair game.

The Irish players while they get on very well when on international duty, there wouldn't be too much love lost between them when they don the Red of Munster and the Blue of Leinster it is fair to say. [/b]

By the sounds of it, there already hasn't been much love lost between the Munster and other Provincial players in the Ireland's HQ in the middle of the industrial estate in Bayonne.

Felipe is the best...Leinster 2007 2008 champion of the magners league..Ronan... im sorry your team do not exist

Felipe is the best...Leinster 2007 2008 champion of the magners league..Ronan... im sorry your team do not exist [/b]
Another fantastic contribution to a debate, backed up by solid facts and unbiased opinions :huh:

In my oppinion Felipe is a better and more complete player, with a superb attack and a very good defence but lacks of fine kicking attributes and ROG is a fantastic tactical kicker but lacks of good defence skills and has no real flair he is not a world class player as Felipe.