• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

As Randomly classed as key worker only run a load of ground maintenance contracts for Highways England.
Did a covid Antibody test which was positive.
I'm 58 , had a heart attack ex smoker and have abused my body more than most.
Never felt any symptoms and think alot of testing is giving false positive or negative.
Heyho it was it is, I self assess what I think is safe and what may not be.I strongly suggest others do the same.

The daily number of cases didn't really increase here in Poland. A small rise in Russia. Mandatory mask-wearing in public transport and crowded places,a lot of international flights were banned recently..

The restrictions aren't too bad for anyone who can enjoy things without the pub/alcohol. I can still play golf, gym, got to rugby training
How can you enjoy golf without alcohol? :p

As Randomly classed as key worker only run a load of ground maintenance contracts for Highways England.
Never felt any symptoms and think alot of testing is giving false positive or negative.
Heyho it was it is, I self assess what I think is safe and what may not be.I strongly suggest others do the same.
There's a lot of class negatives, especially with tests early after symptom onset. Really not many false positives though.

And risk a £10k fine.

Duncan is the person who didn't believe a second wave would occur...

Have faith, Victoria down to 14 new cases today, We've had loads of "protesting" and complaining but restrictions can get this thing back under control

Not thinking it can be eliminated or anything but if we can keep around this number for a while we might be able to visit the rest of Australia

Kia Kaha

All kicking off again:

Hancock on This Morning,
Government announcement/TV spot at 11am
BoJo address expected tomorrow (though not confirmed)

All kicking off again:

Hancock on This Morning,
Government announcement/TV spot at 11am
BoJo address expected tomorrow (though not confirmed)
Can they hurry up and just make a ******* decision...FFS I probably don't have a holiday in 2.5 weeks but I'd like to know it was the case and be done with it.

Can they hurry up and just make a ******* decision...FFS I probably don't have a holiday in 2.5 weeks but I'd like to know it was the case and be done with it.
Unfortunately that's not how this(/how they) works,

The options are:

A) 3-5 days lead time (usually to bury bad news - and also ensure there's a big weekend blowout)
B) Announced at 10pm the day before, so no one knows wtf is going on

Anyone had the virus here and still suffering the after effects? Been reading experiences even of under 45s who caught it 6 months ago who are still felling the effects of it.
Tested positive about 11 weeks ago. Really sick for 3 days. I'm diabetic, so tested early to be safe. Most notable symptom was loss of taste/smell. And I only got propper taste and smell a few weeks ago. Rest of the symptoms like common cold. Lasting side effect, my sugar was out of control, and got so bad, I had to change medication. Original meds just did not work anymore. Did not change my diet much in lockdown, so it's most probably virus-related. New meds working fine.

Tested positive about 11 weeks ago. Really sick for 3 days. I'm diabetic, so tested early to be safe. Most notable symptom was loss of taste/smell. And I only got propper taste and smell a few weeks ago. Rest of the symptoms like common cold. Lasting side effect, my sugar was out of control, and got so bad, I had to change medication. Original meds just did not work anymore. Did not change my diet much in lockdown, so it's most probably virus-related. New meds working fine.
Thanks for sharing your experience. My dad is type 2 diabetic, which is why I am keen he does not get the virus and knowing it can play havoc with sugar levels makes me even more fearful if he were to catch it.

Son't read the comments looks like compliance on lockdown 2.0 is going to be a lot lower...

Thanks for sharing your experience. My dad is type 2 diabetic, which is why I am keen he does not get the virus and knowing it can play havoc with sugar levels makes me even more fearful if he were to catch it.
I'm also type 2. I'm not using insulin, I take oral meds.

Yeah, they're saying it's doubling every 7 days atm, so need to get a grip before it's gets really serious
Every expert that the BBC have wheeled out so far has said that it needs to be a national level action and not these localised lockdowns

Latest Professor (who is also on the SAGE committee) said realistically we should be locking down ASAP - no more kicking the can down the road.

Edit: 9 vaccines in late stage trials atm, all looking good - hopes that they'll be released in small batches by the end of the year and then widespread in the first half of next. Obviously all depends on how the trials go etc. but all the people in the know seem very optimistic about the state of them

Double edit: They basically confirmed that herd immunity isn't possible, as well

On Friday friend said we are tracking about 2 weeks behind Spain and London has been on a clinical surge alert for a week.

Science is saying lockdown anything else is government bullcrap.

I'm also type 2. I'm not using insulin, I take oral meds.
Yep my dad takes oral meds too and has to test his blood daily to see how his sugar levels are.

My mum also got diagnosed but has controlled it through diet.

Diabetes runs in my family and I am at higher risk the older I get.

What's been the biggest issue with Corona compared to other countries?
I live in the sticks currently so honestly rarely affects me (Basically Private lockdown for me pretty much) and kinda keeping out of sight out of mind ATM.

Is it mainly testing or what?

Latest posts