• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

1. I though that was never officially dropped; just that the messaging was running directly counter to the official advice?
Silently dropped I looked back into it when my work started up it's rotational go into the office. Nowhere could I see the advice. Lasted all of 3 weeks and 2 days and we all questioned if it was sensible.

Nobody concerned that the army are going to be used if police cant manage it?

Just me?

Probabaly...

I actually laughed at a Libertarian who suggested in March that de facto martial law wasn't a totally insane prediction but hey ho... hair's breadth away now!

Everyone knows Covid only gets up at 10pm and doesnt go to funerals so this all makes perfect sense. If we are going to abandon any real sembelance of logic in this then can we not at least have consistency!

Just me?

Probabaly...

I actually laughed at a Libertarian who suggested in March that de facto martial law wasn't a totally insane prediction but hey ho... hair's breadth away now!
Depends in what manner they get deployed IF they get deployed if I'm honest. there are areas when it comes to logistics they can be quite useful as seen with nightingale hospitals or at the Olympics when G4S shat the bed. If they are going to be used for enforcement yes its an absolutely terrible idea.

Depends in what manner they get deployed IF they get deployed if I'm honest. there are areas when it comes to logistics they can be quite useful as seen with nightingale hospitals or at the Olympics when G4S shat the bed. If they are going to be used for enforcement yes its an absolutely terrible idea.
Agreed, on the radio it was pointed out that the army have some of the best resources and people to help plan and implement a crisis response. If they are used to enforce the law then that's an entirely different matter.

West Ham manager and 2 players were withdrawn 45 mins before a a game tonight after positive Covid test. Yet. The game went ahead. Doesn't seem right to me. Very irresponsible, esp after todays announcements. I'm flabbergasted.

I know it's been mentioned before on here, but why do they announce new rules to supposedly help contain the virus that come into force days later??? If it's a problem now that you have to change the rules, then a few more days is only going to make it worse.

Quarantines for countries, mad rush of people trying to get home so they don't have to quarantine, probably on packed airlines to get as many people back as possible, from an area that has been deemed unsafe and an increased risk of infection. So if those people did get infected and got back before the quarantine, they could just then stroll out and infect others.
Areas of increased lockdown or the rule of six have led to multiple warnings about not having large gatherings or going out before the rules change, which is exactly what people went and did. (Obviously not everyone).
These new rules, if shop assistants not wearing masks is contributing to infections, then make it mandatory now. Luckily pubs rule isn't coming in after a weekend, but again if people are spreading it more after 10 as they get drunk, then change it now.

It may cause some disruption to people and businesses, but if it's needed to stop the virus, then why put it off any longer than necessary?

Just me?

Probabaly...

Everyone knows Covid only gets up at 10pm and doesnt go to funerals so this all makes perfect sense. If we are going to abandon any real sembelance of logic in this then can we not at least have consistency!
Quote from Johnson "Those who flout the rules will face penalties of up to £10,000, with police on the streets and "the Army to backfill if necessary".

Now that is worrying because that implies the army will supplement the police and the army are not trained to police, they are trained to fight wars. I remember a great quote from Battlestar Galactica about using soldiers as police.

ey7nl1mloe251.jpg

West Ham manager and 2 players were withdrawn 45 mins before a a game tonight after positive Covid test. Yet. The game went ahead. Doesn't seem right to me. Very irresponsible, esp after todays announcements. I'm flabbergasted.

Apparently West ham are satisfied that no one else needs to self-isolate because they arrived on 3 separate buses and were all socially distanced...

This completely ignores the fact that by the time they test positive and if they are asymptomatic then they will have been spreading the virus over the last few days at least, because it take take up to a week or longer for antibodies to show. If this was through test and trace I imagine many of them have been in close contact over the last few days and should therefore self-isolate as well. Shows how seriously football takes this compared to rugby. Castres had 3 players test positive and lost their place in the competition. West Ham lose 2 players and a manager and apparently everything is fine.

Unless they had snorkels going out the window then surely everyone else on the bus is compromised?

Apparently Hull were asked if they wanted game to go ahead and agreed. I find that hard to believe.

Just me?

Probabaly...

don't do takeaways
niether did any of the pubs in aus...they learnt pretty quick, get some takeaway boxes and bags and start pushing your menu on the socials

Just me?

Probabaly...

learn from us, our whole second wave stems from a leak in one of our quarantine hotels, untrained security f'ing up, shagging "guests and then going and driving an uber for 8 hours all over the city, embrace the professionalism the military will bring

ps, how do you multi quote now?

niether did any of the pubs in aus...they learnt pretty quick, get some takeaway boxes and bags and start pushing your menu on the socials
That's some really odd quoting there. Possibly leading to what is a pretty odd reply.

As you're overseas though; yes, many pubs and restaurants started offering takeaways during lockdown.
Weatherspoons still complained. They also said threw their staff under the bus. And are massive and public supporters of the Brexit Bunch.
My joke / flippant response to why BJ's bribe for us to all go and expose ourselves to the virus in pubs and restaurants was because Weatherspoons wants us in pubs and restaurants, so they bribed BJ to bribe us in a way that favoured themselves.
Nothing to do with Weatherspoons' decision not to offer takeaways (which wouldn't work well for them anyway)

Last edited:
That's some really odd quoting there. Possibly leading to what is a pretty odd reply.

As you're overseas though; yes, many pubs and restaurants started offering takeaways during lockdown.
Weatherspoons still complained. They also said threw their staff under the bus. And are massive and public supporters of the Brexit Bunch.
My joke / flippant response to why BJ's bribe for us to all go and expose ourselves to the virus in pubs and restaurants was because Weatherspoons wants us in pubs and restaurants, so they bribed BJ to bribe us in a way that favoured themselves.
Nothing to do with Weatherspoons' decision not to offer takeaways (which wouldn't work well for them anyway)
yeah...that would be me trying to reply/quote to a couple of posts...and stuffing it up

College football is in it's third week of competition here in America, and games keep getting cancelled or postponed due to players testing positive for Covid-19. The latest instance was just today with seven Notre Dame players testing positive. The NCAA tests college athletes three times per week.

have you tested negative now or is it still going?

sounds rough and we're hearing more and more the lasting effects are becoming more of a worry for people than the immediate ones, on going hearts issues for exampe

hope your "ok" :)
We don't test second time...at first it was 14 days isolation after positive, then changed to 10 days. As I understand the thing, you can test positive long after you're not infectious anymore. I was really sick for 3 days, after that felt like common cold for about a week. Taste and smell took more than a month to return.

A little nervous, but yesterday I volunteered for the COVID-19 vaccine trials held in London. The vaccine is one that was created in Russia. I received my first shot this morning at 11:00 am, and I wanted to let you all know that it's completely safe, with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι χoρoshό я чувствую себя немного странно и я думаю, что вытащил ослиные уши.

Latest posts