• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Currently what I found on the BBC

Tests taken as a result of the Office for National Statistics surveys, and those taken in an NHS Hospital or Public Health England lab, cannot be shared on the app regardless of the result, according to a tweet from the app's official account.
It is not clear how many test results would be affected by this.

Sorry should have added my self assessment, is I haven't done pubs , avoided my usual greasy spoon whilst on road.
Vast majority of shopping is online.
Work interacting done online if it can't be done outside.
Social activities nowt indoors shed loads outside.
This is my own personal self risk assessment via various sources.
I believe I never advocated law or rule breaking and believe none of my post advocate this.

your post suggested you'd tested positive for COVID-19, but queried whether it was accurate. Whether this was an official test under test and trace and when wasn't clear. Even if you did not feel symptoms and were positive you could still spread it if you were
asymptomatic. And you said it was an antibody test but that just means you produced antibodies to fight the virus at some point in the last 6-7 months perhaps?

Yes, you reduced the risk of doing so by your actions.

I also had an anti body test as part of a research project by Imperial college London and Ipsos with support from the Dept of Health, but made it clear it was for research only. It made it clear that it wasn't 100% accurate and I should continue to follow follow guidelines of COVID.

Although you weren't suggesting other people break the law per se. All I was pointing out was the risk of fine if they did test positive, from £1k to £10k for repeat offenders, and are told "officially" to self isolate. That applies from today. In that case just avoiding the shops and pubs is not sufficient, you would need to stay at home for 14 days. Then it's not about "self-assessment", which you were suggesting.

But how effectively it will be enforced remains to be seen, as we have seen with mask wearing in shops and public transport.

The rules are confusing and this Govt. has really ballsed it up to let the numbers get out of control again.

Is it basically accepting that half-arsing it and trying in between measures to protect the economy doesn't work?
Ha your optimistic, nah it accepts we need 3 levels of half arsed measures that can be applied in geographics areas. Rather than throwing a bunch of darts blindfolded at half arsed measures to decide what rules were applying to the new areas.

Nationwide restrictions today. Hoping it's a bit of a preemptive strike because 112 hospital cases and 20 ICU cases doesn't scream to me like we need it even if cases are rising. The effect in Dublin (we got these restrictions two weeks ago) was a huge surge in unemployment benefit applications.

Nationwide restrictions today. Hoping it's a bit of a preemptive strike because 112 hospital cases and 20 ICU cases doesn't scream to me like we need it even if cases are rising. The effect in Dublin (we got these restrictions two weeks ago) was a huge surge in unemployment benefit applications.
It's one of those things it will take at least two weeks for any measures to have an impact so numbers will exponentially go up. Those measures don't stop anything immediately and can just slow down rather than reduce infection rates. So yup the sensible thing is to act early.

Nice to see a government not make the exact same mistakes again.

It's one of those things it will take at least two weeks for any measures to have an impact so numbers will exponentially go up. Those measures don't stop anything immediately and can just slow down rather than reduce infection rates. So yup the sensible thing is to act early.

Nice to see a government not make the exact same mistakes again.
Yeah Dublin's infection rates are already flattening. There's a lot of talk here about not needing to go back to the days of <10 cases a day though, the vast majority of cases are those under 60 which is seen in low hospital numbers. I think we need to find a way to keep the rate between 100-350 daily without crushing business across the country. Easier said than done sure but very possible.

we had the same arguments in aus when the second wave hit...but you have to remember the idea is to stop those numbers raising...you dont wait until the numbers look bad to do something

So much for the Hydroxychloriquine he was allegedly taking preventing him from getting it.

The thing is he is such a liar and behind in the polls that it wouldn't surprise me if he and Melanie don't actually have it and it's all a stunt to gain sympathy ahead of the November 3rd.

So much for the Hydroxychloriquine he was allegedly taking preventing him from getting it.

The thing is he is such a liar and behind in the polls that it wouldn't surprise me if he and Melanie don't actually have it and it's all a stunt to gain sympathy ahead of the November 3rd.

That's all over Twitter right now. Trump's such a scheming clown that he would do anything for attention. Remember when he mocked Biden for wearing a mask. It's so ironic!

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if he's lying but on the other hand his reckless attitude and the way it's gone around world leaders it's not a suprise he would eventually get it.

October is and always will be the best month of the year.

SNP MP had symptoms so got a test,
Instead of self isolating they then travelled to London and attended parliament
They then got the results back as positive....and still traveled all the way back to Scotland BY TRAIN

Absolutely insane

SNP MP had symptoms so got a test,
Instead of self isolating they then travelled to London and attended parliament
They then got the results back as positive....and still traveled all the way back to Scotland BY TRAIN

Absolutely insane
Yup but at least the SNP have suspended her (which is all they can really do).

And she was on video when Cummings broke lockdown having a go at him for breaking the rules. :rolleyes:

What do Jair Bolsonaro (President of Brazil), Donald Trump & Boris Johnson have in common? They all belittled the seriousness of the pandemic and they've all tested positive. :rolleyes:

1601626498557.png

Last edited:

Latest posts