• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Testing, track and trace, reaction (too slow to lockdown, too quick to unlock).

We have an issue with compliance as well but it's small and we did have good compliance until Barnard Castle.

Looks like we didn't learn from half-arsing it originally and are aiming to do it again.

Yup and that's pretty much it in terms of leakness. Uncle Boris to tell us to behave ourselves or he will have to do more although very likelyhood he'll have to do it before any new myeadures have any effect on the numbers like the rule of 6.

Apparently Sunak was one of major players to call for less measures at this present time so yeah...remember that.

how strict was your lockdown the first time? we're currently still in lvl 4 lockdown so curfew and only out for a couple of hours for exercise or food shopping. The one things that has kept going is takaways...which i know is weird but for me its made a difference, I wake up and walk down the road and get a coffee most mornings, stretch the legs and a couple of ties a week we get a feed from one of the local pubs so a bit nicer than "normal" takeaways. lots of business have been able to keep going if they could set up a click and collect service or takeaway food...seems to have worked for us

Tested positive about 11 weeks ago. Really sick for 3 days. I'm diabetic, so tested early to be safe. Most notable symptom was loss of taste/smell. And I only got propper taste and smell a few weeks ago. Rest of the symptoms like common cold. Lasting side effect, my sugar was out of control, and got so bad, I had to change medication. Original meds just did not work anymore. Did not change my diet much in lockdown, so it's most probably virus-related. New meds working fine.
have you tested negative now or is it still going?

sounds rough and we're hearing more and more the lasting effects are becoming more of a worry for people than the immediate ones, on going hearts issues for exampe

hope your "ok" :)

how strict was your lockdown the first time?
On the surface it looked reasonably strict - all non essential shops were shut, all entertainment places (pubs restaurants etc), the places that were open were on reduced hours,
No meeting other households, only leave your house once a day for exercise

But the issue was enforcement - coupled with it being summer so people just ignoring it to go to the park/beach/whatever
Plus no mention of masks until after everything was opened back up

It wasn't as strict as the ones in Australia or Italy etc.

Apparently Sunak was one of major players to call for less measures at this present time so yeah...remember that.
Of course he was, he's chancellor, his job is to worry about the economy, which he knows is ****** and with a **** brexit deal still to come.

Of course he was, he's chancellor, his job is to worry about the economy, which he knows is ****** and with a **** brexit deal still to come.
It depends on PoV his job is obviously to work on the economy but is it his job to push against scientific advice? There's a difference between prensenting the facts and explaining the impact and pushing against a course of action.

Oh yeah finally worked out why the announcement is today instead of yesterday Starmer is giving his keynote conference speech today.

Johnson addressing house of commons shortly.

EDIT: Supposedly bought forward to stop Starmer replying...he did make it.

Work from home if you can (no idea why we dropped that)
Pub, Bars and Restraunts table service only, all hospitality closes 10pm (must shut not last orders)
Extend face coverings for all staff.
Legal obligations to COVID secure
Rule of 6 from Monday now 15 for weddings, All adult teams sports indoors confined to 6.
Obvious rules to open up venues for spectators won't happen.

Tighter penalties to not confirm.

So basically a bunch of stuff we should of done anyway...

1. Work from home if you can (no idea why we dropped that)
2. Pub, Bars and Restraunts table service only, all hospitality closes 10pm (must shut not last orders)
3. Extend face coverings for all staff.
4. Legal obligations to COVID secure
5. Rule of 6 from Monday now 15 for weddings, All adult teams sports indoors confined to 6.
6. Obvious rules to open up venues for spectators won't happen.
1. I though that was never officially dropped; just that the messaging was running directly counter to the official advice?
2. I'm sure sure that 1 hour difference will make a huge difference to infection rates
3. Why the hell was this not already the case?
4. Huh?
5. So we're still fine for the next 5 days, but the extra 4 would just have been way too many... Seems no rhyme or reason between things that come into being 1-2 weeks after announcements; and things coming into immediate effect. Actually - not quite true - stuff that requires a notice period seems to be immediate effect; whilst stuff that doesn't seems to get plenty of notice.
6. As of lunch time today - so today's match is now behind closed doors.

Latest posts