• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

We wouldn't know a lockdown was occurring unless we saw it mentioned on TV.
Went to bank yesterday and saw Rymans were open. Lady in bank said it was because of a loophole -something to do with credit union FFS.
Car washes, WH Smith, Argos, CEX the only places shut are pubs and restaurants

CEX should only be open for drop off if your selling something or at least that's what the website claims.

we have just come out of a 2 week lock down , not much has changed I still will not go into a pub , but I can now visit my daughters , can't see my grandsons as they live in England , most people who try to rationalise what can and cannot open are in reality trying to get around it , stay home save the nhs

Well, I was a bit worried yesterday when I heard that our president will be adressing the nation 19:00, with many reports that we could go into a stricter lockdown than we have now.

But it turns out, that he just wanted to let the country know that he is worried about the amount of infections in the Eastern Cape, and that people are have parties and not wearing masks.

Also he has announced that International travel is now open, and that we can buy booze like we did prior to lockdown!

Well, I was a bit worried yesterday when I heard that our president will be adressing the nation 19:00, with many reports that we could go into a stricter lockdown than we have now.

But it turns out, that he just wanted to let the country know that he is worried about the amount of infections in the Eastern Cape, and that people are have parties and not wearing masks.

Also he has announced that International travel is now open, and that we can buy booze like we did prior to lockdown!
What are your current restrictions like?

What are your current restrictions like?

Curfew between midnight and 04:00
No alcohol sales from 17:00 to 09:00 at the shops and no Sales on Saturdays. (Sundays have always been a day where you can't purchase alchohol).
Alcohol may only be purchased at bars/taverns/restaurants until 22:00

No mass gatherings of more than 250 people. This includes Churches, Mosques, Stadiums, Schools, Cinemas etc.

Always wear a mask when outside. You get arrested when you are outside without a mask.

No social gatherings at home of more than 20 people

While I don't expect the lockdown to end when the government has said, if it DOES:

Is that December 2nd inclusive?
Like does everything reopen on the 2nd or does lockdown end at the end of the 2nd meaning everything opens on the 3rd?

While I don't expect the lockdown to end when the government has said, if it DOES:

Is that December 2nd inclusive?
Like does everything reopen on the 2nd or does lockdown end at the end of the 2nd meaning everything opens on the 3rd?
Everywhere goes to Tier 3 some areas might be less.

Y'know how we don't have shielding this lockdown? Well my sister just got a letter from Hancock that basically went '....about that you really should precautions as it you were we are just trying hide the fact you should this time'

I have no idea, honestly these levels of lockdown make almost no difference to my life.
Fair,
I'm just trying to work out when the gyms open ha,
That's literally the only impact this lockdown has had on my day to day

Nick Young Wtf GIF

Were closing in on 225,000 deaths here in America thanks to the selfish super spreader Trumpanzees. Best wishes to you and everyone in the UK.

Approaching 242,000 deaths, unfortunately. But, yes neither of our respective Governments have handled this well.

Last edited:
Curfew between midnight and 04:00
No alcohol sales from 17:00 to 09:00 at the shops and no Sales on Saturdays. (Sundays have always been a day where you can't purchase alchohol).
Alcohol may only be purchased at bars/taverns/restaurants until 22:00

No mass gatherings of more than 250 people. This includes Churches, Mosques, Stadiums, Schools, Cinemas etc.

Always wear a mask when outside. You get arrested when you are outside without a mask.

No social gatherings at home of more than 20 people
more relaxed that i would have thought, is it making a difference in general?

Latest posts