• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

more relaxed that i would have thought, is it making a difference in general?

I think it did make a difference in the metropolitan areas, which were the areas that had the most cases in the beginning. But then again when we had stricter lockdown regulations, most of these regulations were even tighter, like we couldn't buy any cigarettes or alcohol for 3 months or so at all.

The idea of the current regulations are mostly aimed at preventing people's inhibitions to get the better of them when out on the town. going to parties, having some drinks and then doing a bunch of stupid stuff.

One interesting thing to note, is the lack of road accidents we've had during this period, and especially fatal accidents and drunk driving.

Reportedly Coronavirus was the cause of the death of Peter Sutcliffe, the Yorkshire Ripper. One death that won't be mourned.

British Medical Journal said:
The incident relates to research published this week by The BMJ, which finds that the government procured an antibody test that in real world tests falls well short of performance claims made by its manufacturers.1213 Researchers from Public Health England and collaborating institutions sensibly pushed to publish their study findings before the government committed to buying a million of these tests but were blocked by the health department and the prime minister's office.14 Why was it important to procure this product without due scrutiny? Prior publication of research on a preprint server or a government website is compatible with The BMJ's publication policy. As if to prove a point, Public Health England then unsuccessfully attempted to block The BMJ's press release about the research paper.

Last edited:
Pretty much sums up what most people who look closer have realised. It's the levels of corruption and profiteering that is staggering. I've said before Labour/other parties need to be creating a complete dossier on every example of corruption and then hit the government when it's all over in one go.

The UK's pandemic response relies too heavily on scientists and other government appointees with worrying competing interests, including shareholdings in companies that manufacture covid-19 diagnostic tests, treatments, and vaccines.17 Government appointees are able to ignore or cherry pick science—another form of misuse—and indulge in anti-competitive practices that favour their own products and those of friends and associates.

17: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...illion-pointless-antibody-screening-kits.html

18: https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj...f4c94642a2c469ac9f851504&keytype2=tf_ipsecsha

Does anyone know why Peru is so hard hit by it?
Looking at the world rates of covid and it seems like Peru is miles ahead of the rest per person.

Kudos to singer/songwriter Dolly Parton. She donated a million dollars for coronavirus vaccine research.

Last edited:
11 areas of Scotland going into level 4 till the 11th of December.
Tell you what the SNP are pushing it close to Christmas a bit, which would be a massive massive vote killer for any party to have lockdown during Christmas, especially if the students can't come home.

Look at the Scottish regionally stats not sure why they don't just do a full lockdown
Like North Ayrshire is level 3 but south is 4 despite North having more cases!

Tell you what the SNP are pushing it close to Christmas a bit, which would be a massive massive vote killer for any party to have lockdown during Christmas
Presumably why they're pushing it so close - best to do as much as possible before Christmas, than open up early Dec and be forced into action a few weeks later

Plus the two week buffer - open up 2 weeks before Christmas, cases don't skyrocket until just after

If I were a government I'd be trying to hold off until the 20th knowing full well compliance the following two weeks will be almost impossible to control.

I just hope there's barely a restriction in place to stop us visiting the in-laws on the day itself, which lets be clear is hell but we had to skip on them last year (it was my family's first Christmas without my Mum) and they put so much pressure on us throughout the year to commit.

Seems that even as people are literally in hospital beds dying from Covid, they won't accept it is real. For anyone who thinks words don't have consequences, people are literally dying as a result, with their denial likely playing a large part.
Was just reading a thread about this on Reddit, with lots of nurses/doctors/hospital workers chipping in - utterly depressing.
I know it's a small, vocal, minority - but a small minority of a huge country is a lot of peole who can spread this to even more.

So Johnson is proud of the ordering PPE equipment, including those that were not up to standard, from companies with links to ministers by using a fast track system intended to give contracts to those with contacts in whitehall or the government. We are actually living in an age where the Prime Minister is openly saying he is proud of the government abusing the situation and system.

So Johnson is proud of the ordering PPE equipment, including those that were not up to standard, from companies with links to ministers by using a fast track system intended to give contracts to those with contacts in whitehall or the government. We are actually living in an age where the Prime Minister is openly saying he is proud of the government abusing the situation and system.

Plus we also saying Government was crap for not having stocks of PPE when not one individual knew a pandemic was coming.
I'm no Boris fan but which would rather have no protection or poor protection.
Of course the answer is neither , so health professionals treat no one and make figures worse.
Quid pro quo.

Which would (likely) be a much, much better point were it nor for the (still unreleased) 2016 pandemic preparedness report.

Not to mention the 3 months warning that this was coming.

Or the 4 weeks warning that it had already arrived and was only a matter of time.

Even then, boasting about their incompetence and corruption is not a good look, regardless of circumstances.

Kudos to my alma mater San Jose State University in San Jose, California for honoring Dr. Anthony Fauci. You know, that guy who tells the truth about Covid-19 when Trump tells lies and spreads misinformation.

Latest posts