• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Makes me sick the lack of outrage except from expected corners.

It's times like this where I genuinely wonder if there is any hope for humanity. More and more it reinforces my view that not only the world, but the entire universe might be better off without us.

Propaganda machine in full force this morning,

Who cares about 100k dead when Boris is so so sowwy and so so sad
321855132048211.png

Image what the media would have been writing if it was a Labour government in charge with this death total. The bias is blatant.

It's times like this where I genuinely wonder if there is any hope for humanity. More and more it reinforces my view that not only the world, but the entire universe might be better off without us.
ive had this thought far more often than I would have liked too over the last year

Gout drug colcichine could cut Covid hospital admissions by 25%

This article reporting a drug used to treat Gout showing promising results.

Ivermectin has been allowed for use, now Doctors can give it to their patients.

What's strange though, is that a lot of people have been using this since it was made public that this drug can help fight the virus.

And people have been asking cattle farmers for the drug, as you can't buy it without the necessary paperwork at the markets, or co-op.

Now since this has been approved, people are asking exhorbitant prices to sell the pills.

2.23m vaccinated in the week ending 24th
79% of over 80s now vaccinated

Looking at the daily stats we're way down this week compared to last, though it was Thurs/Fri/Sat that they really ramped up the numbers so hopefully follows the same pattern this week
hasn't the UK had a real cold snap this week? would that have slowed things down a little?

Credit where it's due, the vaccine rollout has been incredibly efficient in the UK. Hopefully the 12 week gap between jabs doesn't diminish this too much.

It's been a proper shambles here from what I can tell, a carefully planned tier system was released with front line workers number 1, followed by over 80s and then non-front line healthcare workers. Tiers 1 and 3 have appeared to merge, very few of the general population have been jabbed as a result and the incompetent ******** in the Hospitals continue to waste or accidentally destroy batches (at least two cases of this) or one hospital just got certain staff to bring their families in to get jabbed "so the vaccines didn't go out of date". I reckon there was a patient or two more in need of the jab in the latter case.

Have to say I'm slightly 'wary' about our number out of some information I heard yesterday. A friend has been contacted 4 times to get his jab by 4 seperate groups. Now likely it just how efficiently well our system is working in getting people scooped up and making sure no on falls through the cracks. I also worry he is now counted as 4 vaccinations done....its not it would be the first time we've had issues counting...

Yes there has been a fair bit of snow in the Eastern part of England which caused some disruption on Sunday, Monday and into Tuesday.
Very good point, completely forgot about the snow already - that explains the dip in numbers on Sunday/Monday/Tuesday and it being more normal Wednesday

Dad got his first jab today. He's in his 70s, but my mum didn't. Not sure why.

Spoke to a client, who I do his taxes; he's 88 and he's had both jabs.

Have to say I'm slightly 'wary' about our number out of some information I heard yesterday. A friend has been contacted 4 times to get his jab by 4 seperate groups. Now likely it just how efficiently well our system is working in getting people scooped up and making sure no on falls through the cracks. I also worry he is now counted as 4 vaccinations done....its not it would be the first time we've had issues counting.
This would not surprise me in the least. The one area where the government seem to get it right and actually they have been counting people multiple times.

Have to say I'm slightly 'wary' about our number out of some information I heard yesterday. A friend has been contacted 4 times to get his jab by 4 seperate groups. Now likely it just how efficiently well our system is working in getting people scooped up and making sure no on falls through the cracks. I also worry he is now counted as 4 vaccinations done....its not it would be the first time we've had issues counting...
I said a couple of weeks ago that the repeated, deliberate use of some weird / clumsy language from the government when talking about vaccines had me worried that these were weasel words being dropped in to cover backs further down the line. One of these was repeatedly talking about offering people the vaccine. If I'm right, your friend was counted four times as soon as he / she was contacted. It would be a massive scandal (not that anyone seems to care about those any more) if these offers are counted in the figures being reported daily (IIRC they are clear that they are vaccines administered), but if the mid February target looks like getting missed, I can see the language used being changed and a "success" appearing out of the blue, rather like the 100k test target that got hit back in the spring / summer.

Latest posts