International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

Hong Kong

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

When Bojo says he’s confident it makes me less so.

Still per BBC:

The two Covid vaccines most in use in the UK are "highly effective" in preventing hospital admission with the Delta variant, new data from Public Health England suggests.

Both the Pfizer-BioNTech and Oxford-AstraZeneca jabs can cope as well with the variant first identified in India as the Alpha variant first identified in Kent, the research found.

The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was found to be 94% effective against hospital admission after just one dose, and 96% after two doses.

The Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine was found to be 71% effective against hospital admission after one dose, and 92% after two doses.

PHE says the protection against death is expected to be high, although further research is taking place.

Last edited:

ncurd

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

Don't think any of this is surprising, just shows despite an actually great rollout campaign our opening up has been too early and probably had too much risk.

The_Blindside

International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

Hong Kong

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

Defo wished I had the Pfizer when I first had AZ. But just reminded myself at the time I didn’t have a choice. the main thing was not to catch Covid and end up in hospital. Having gone well last 6/7 weeks post second jab and any side effects, what with the efficacy rates for AZ much improved v the delta variant can honestly say feel a whole lot better getting the AZ jabs.

Last edited:

Which Tyler

International
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

Tallshort

International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

Yugoslavia

Club or Nation

Nottingham

Defo wished I had the Pfizer when I first had AZ. But just reminded myself at the time I didn’t have a choice. the main thing was not to catch Covid and end up in hospital. Having gone well last 6/7 weeks post second jab and any side effects, what with the efficacy rates for AZ much improved v the delta variant can honestly say feel a whole lot better getting the AZ jabs.
I had AZ but would happily have taken the Russian one if that's all that was available.

Ragey Erasmus

International
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

Sad that it even needs to be said, a tragic lack of understanding and critical thinking skills amongst the general populace
"Think how stupid the average person is and then realise that half are more stupid than that" - George Carlin.

Latest posts