• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

When Bojo says he's confident it makes me less so.

Still per BBC:

The two Covid vaccines most in use in the UK are "highly effective" in preventing hospital admission with the Delta variant, new data from Public Health England suggests.

Both the Pfizer-BioNTech and Oxford-AstraZeneca jabs can cope as well with the variant first identified in India as the Alpha variant first identified in Kent, the research found.

The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was found to be 94% effective against hospital admission after just one dose, and 96% after two doses.

The Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine was found to be 71% effective against hospital admission after one dose, and 92% after two doses.

PHE says the protection against death is expected to be high, although further research is taking place.

Last edited:

Defo wished I had the Pfizer when I first had AZ. But just reminded myself at the time I didn't have a choice. the main thing was not to catch Covid and end up in hospital. Having gone well last 6/7 weeks post second jab and any side effects, what with the efficacy rates for AZ much improved v the delta variant can honestly say feel a whole lot better getting the AZ jabs.

Last edited:

Defo wished I had the Pfizer when I first had AZ. But just reminded myself at the time I didn't have a choice. the main thing was not to catch Covid and end up in hospital. Having gone well last 6/7 weeks post second jab and any side effects, what with the efficacy rates for AZ much improved v the delta variant can honestly say feel a whole lot better getting the AZ jabs.
I had AZ but would happily have taken the Russian one if that's all that was available.

yeah, now hearing talk of using a different shot the second time based on the changing advice for AZ, shows how little i know, i would have thought it would need to be the same one
Currently in the UK that is the case. There is talk of either the booster in the Autumn being a tweaked version of the Pfizer or AZ or the third shot being different from the first two peeps have had. We'll see. First got to get more peeps double jabbed with the vaccines we do have.

yeah, now hearing talk of using a different shot the second time based on the changing advice for AZ,
It's popular in Poland now, 1st jab is AZ and second one is Pfizer for example.

I had AZ but would happily have taken the Russian one if that's all that was available
My Russian friends had same side effects after Sputnik as foreigners usually have after AZ by the way, very similar description (high temperature during the first night after it and headache etc). One friend of mine who also lives in Poland,got her Sputnik jab in Russia but had to stay on quarantine when she came back to Poland recently, because this vaccine is not approved in the EU :(

It's popular in Poland now, 1st jab is AZ and second one is Pfizer for example.

My Russian friends had same side effects after Sputnik as foreigners usually have after AZ by the way, very similar description (high temperature during the first night after it and headache etc). One friend of mine who also lives in Poland,got her Sputnik jab in Russia but had to stay on quarantine when she came back to Poland recently, because this vaccine is not approved in the EU :(
Not approved in the EU but its the one most Hungarians have had..

I thought they were so different it would be like sticking a car wheel on your bike...yeah, its a wheel...but

Latest posts