• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

E8SLnYKXoA4F_zP.jpeg

Not that it's needed here but it's one of those posts that really makes me realise how anti Vax/covid deniers are attention seeking lunatics. I really don't understand how they think some random youtuber or podcaster with a few thousand followers knows better than virtually every medical professional on earth, wonder what the psychology behind it is.

It's really sad how Fauci has become politisized in America. Ant-vaxxers just won't listen to him. Rand Paul is trying to undermine him. Sad state of affairs.

awesome....now NZ and Aus not only have poor vaccinations rates and supply issues....we also have COVID and Lockdowns (including a curfew in Melbourne) back

View attachment 11969

Not that it's needed here but it's one of those posts that really makes me realise how anti Vax/covid deniers are attention seeking lunatics. I really don't understand how they think some random youtuber or podcaster with a few thousand followers knows better than virtually every medical professional on earth, wonder what the psychology behind it is.
tbf arnie's threshold for jabbable chemicals is really low

I see Arnold Schwarzenegger is getting a lot of stick from people in his industry who disagree with his belief vaccinations and such should be mandatory

I've noticed that loads of the people I know who are anti-vax are body builders, personal trainers, gym owners etc. It seems that they believe to be peak manliness you need to not get the vaccination and be anti-lockdown. It's like the belief to be big, strong and covered in muscles will help you against respiratory conditions

I think this conflation of civil liberties and Human rights here. There is the belief that it is a human right not to get vaccinated. But there are civil liberties here as well, because a consequence of not getting vaccinated is higher transmission and spread. That is Arnie's argument and those who just don't get the AntI vaxxers' argument of it is their freedom not to get vaccinated. But it is so bloody self scented and sadly a reflection of the western world, which has badly been exposed by this pandemic.

There is no broad collective sense that using the tools available is the best way to live with this virus. It's sadly going this lack of collective sense that will end up destroying this world what with the massive challenge of climate change facing mankind.

I've noticed that loads of the people I know who are anti-vax are body builders, personal trainers, gym owners etc. It seems that they believe to be peak manliness you need to not get the vaccination and be anti-lockdown. It's like the belief to be big, strong and covered in muscles will help you against respiratory conditions
Yep,
I follow MMA as much as/if not more than rugby and there is a TON of anti-mask/anti-vax/plan-demic sentiment amongst fighters/gyms/fans

Joe Rogan doesn't help

Makes the Exeter lot look like hypochondriacs

Bodybuilding has a very right leaning base.
Look at any bodybuilding forums, especially the big ones they were bad 10 years ago and I would be very surprised if they are not worse now. Bodybuilding and MMA fanbases/community have a weird mix of really down to earth people people who genuinely like helping each other and some of the biggest incels/Sigma's around.

This will have zero affect on the classic.

yeah, its probably the right thing to do...its just tiring, they said we could be in lockdown until we're over 70% vaccinated which at current rates would be late October, Melbourne has just ticked over 200% days of lockdown since this started

yeah, its probably the right thing to do...its just tiring, they said we could be in lockdown until we're over 70% vaccinated which at current rates would be late October, Melbourne has just ticked over 200% days of lockdown since this started
Well, that sucks. I'm a bit worried about the situation here, not confident elimination is possible with delta. And then containment will be difficult given how barely vaccinated the country is. My mother in law has a condition that would result in a pretty quick death if she got covid, and because she is also on chemo for cancer she can't rely on vaccines helping her. So I'd rather the virus gets eliminated than contained but not sure that will happen.

Latest posts