• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

yeah, its probably the right thing to do...its just tiring, they said we could be in lockdown until we're over 70% vaccinated which at current rates would be late October, Melbourne has just ticked over 200% days of lockdown since this started
And with Delta it may need to be even higher than 70% from what I am reading. A combo of vaccination and natural infection.

This is the latest over here on effectiveness of vaccines on Delta:

Lots of pro-Strongmen coming out as anti-Arnold now,
Irony of pumping yourself full of dodgy black market left over USSR super soldier serum but being violently against vaccines

Is nice to see a few people standing up against the wave of ignorance, though - it's like the whole flag kneeling thing again. Brian Shaw banging on about freedom and the troops, Anthony Fuhrman (ex-US Army, current pro-strongman) comes in defending Arnold and saying Brian can't speak for the troops when he never was one

Lots of pro-Strongmen coming out as anti-Arnold now,
Irony of pumping yourself full of dodgy black market left over USSR super soldier serum but being violently against vaccines

Is nice to see a few people standing up against the wave of ignorance, though - it's like the whole flag kneeling thing again. Brian Shaw banging on about freedom and the troops, Anthony Fuhrman (ex-US Army, current pro-strongman) comes in defending Arnold and saying Brian can't speak for the troops when he never was one

Aye my friend who is a gym owner and PT, now refers to himself as Alpha. Claiming Alpha's don't get sick...

Guess he didn't hear how quite a lot of the South African rugby team got the virus

Texas has just reached the limit of ICU beds. Let's see if this affects the ability of Austin to host grands prix. I love scheduling silly season.

Big Brain Chris Cloete
E9WRqoXWUAEIe2X

1629648419590.png
I hear you're anti-vaxx now, Munster. Should we all be anti-vaxx now? What's the official line the IRFU has taken on this? Only, the farm takes up most of the day, and at night I just like a cup of tea. I mightn't be able to devote myself full time to the old anti-vaxx.

Did someone use their Covid passports already? I've been to Italy last week and they asked for a passport in every sight/tourist place (cathedrals, museums etc) and in some restaurants/fast food/cafeterias (McDonald's for example). They don't allow tourists to get in without this passport or negative Covid test

Did someone use their Covid passports already? I've been to Italy last week and they asked for a passport in every sight/tourist place (cathedrals, museums etc) and in some restaurants/fast food/cafeterias (McDonald's for example). They don't allow tourists to get in without this passport or negative Covid test
We have NHS app here with travel and domestic passport. QR code renews each month. No, not used it yet.

Wow, interesting! Why to renew it each month?

Even in pubs/places like McDonald's?
In Poland they don't ask for a Covid passport in sights/museums/restaurants now,but I'm sure will be like in Italy soon.

Yeh no shop or restaurant is legally required to ask for it atm. Our Govt. doesn't want to discriminate against those who won't and can't and so happy to let it just spread now since July 19th, as they think they are doing, have done their bit with vaccinating most of the adult population, so a combo of vaccination and natural infection is their strategy to get to a herd immunity.

Guidance is get fully vaccinated but all restrictions lifted. Daily cases here in excess of 30,000 and hospitalisations more than 900. UK is the experiment the world is watching.

Chris Cloete being anti vax is ridiculous when you look at South Africa v Ireland in the past few months. One is desperate for vaccines and has very strict rules, the other has them and is doing relatively ok as a result.

awesome....now NZ and Aus not only have poor vaccinations rates and supply issues....we also have COVID and Lockdowns (including a curfew in Melbourne) back
We don't have poor vaccination rate or supply issues.

Currently vaccination rollout is at 105% of plan, vaccinating 1% of the population a day.

33% have had at least one jab as of Friday.

But, it's all relative to the amount of Covid we have, which is minuscule. Three people on hospital.

if NZ was a US state, we would have the lowest infection and death rates, with the lowest vaccination rate, with the highest vaccination rollout rate.

yeah, its probably the right thing to do...its just tiring, they said we could be in lockdown until we're over 70% vaccinated which at current rates would be late October, Melbourne has just ticked over 200% days of lockdown since this started
That's not what she said.

We could be closed to the rest of the world until 70% vaccinated. Likely another fortnight of L4 followed by a month of L3, IF we get new infections stopped.

At our current rate, we'll have one-jabbed 70% in four weeks.

Well, that sucks. I'm a bit worried about the situation here, not confident elimination is possible with delta. And then containment will be difficult given how barely vaccinated the country is. My mother in law has a condition that would result in a pretty quick death if she got covid, and because she is also on chemo for cancer she can't rely on vaccines helping her. So I'd rather the virus gets eliminated than contained but not sure that will happen.
That seems to fall under 'poorly-informed'.

The vaccine absolutely will help her. Not getting vaccinated absolutely won't.

The only condition that has an issue with getting Pfizered are the bubble-boy types who are hyper-allergic to everything. Such a low percentage that there currently isn't even one in NZ.

The days of wishing that we didn't get the virus are gone.

With half the worlds population (4B+) having a vaccination rate of 0.1% and rich countries now wanting third and fourth booster shots, we are consigned to a never-ending production-line of variants.

The selfishness of the first world is inane in its anti-scientific approach to a disease.

We don't have poor vaccination rate or supply issues.

Currently vaccination rollout is at 105% of plan, vaccinating 1% of the population a day.

33% have had at least one jab as of Friday.

But, it's all relative to the amount of Covid we have, which is minuscule. Three people on hospital.

if NZ was a US state, we would have the lowest infection and death rates, with the lowest vaccination rate, with the highest vaccination rollout rate.
i don't know where you're getting your info, the US is over 65% fully vaccinated already....and Nz has 33% one jabbed (according to you), Nz and Aus are well behind the rest of "the west" when it comes to vaccination rates

and yes...105% of plan....the plan that had to be reevaluated after the supply that was planned for didnt eventuate, for various reasons...the definition of supply issues

a lot of the rest of the world is already on the "learning to live with COVID one you vaccinated" path, well ahead of NZ and Aus

That seems to fall under 'poorly-informed'.

The vaccine absolutely will help her. Not getting vaccinated absolutely won't.

The only condition that has an issue with getting Pfizered are the bubble-boy types who are hyper-allergic to everything. Such a low percentage that there currently isn't even one in NZ.

The days of wishing that we didn't get the virus are gone.

With half the worlds population (4B+) having a vaccination rate of 0.1% and rich countries now wanting third and fourth booster shots, we are consigned to a never-ending production-line of variants.

The selfishness of the first world is inane in its anti-scientific approach to a disease.
Vaccines in general aren't as effective for the immunocompromised. My point wasn't about whether she should get a vaccine, it was about whether she could haphazardly rely on the vaccine and go around mixing with people who have covid (which is what will happen if we open the boarders). And there haven't been any tests on Pfizer for the immunocompromised, so we don't know for sure.

Well, last weekend, we had the family around for a BBQ - all except 1 niece (17) who was at a surfing festival with 50,000 other young people, with no social distancing and barely any hygiene, in an area already peaking in cases of Delta; albeit outdoors (boardfest in Newquay).

Out of my niece's group of 21, 21 are now symptomatic. Every other group they've been in contact with has 100% infection rate in the unvaccinated.

She doesn't know anyone who's been taken to hospital, and she's the worst from her group, she's says she's never felt so ill. She also says that it was well worth it.

Last edited:
I very nearly went to Bloodstock festival the other week, but couldn't get the Friday/Monday off work so decided against it in the end - going off the facebook groups for it it looks like a very similary situation to the above: COVID running rampant in the camping areas,
Not sure how many people actually came down with it but it looks like essentially everyone who went got pinged (and the festival are asking people to self isolate even if they didn't)

Latest posts