• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

i have to say, Novak can just **** off home, rocking up to the most lockdown city in the world claiming some half arsed exemption, even if told it would be accepted, is ******* tonedeff at very least

Anyone know how legit his PCR is? Like these aren't things you just shove a stick up your nose and wait 15 minutes. It has to go to an actual lab that can process the damn thing. There will be a paper trail unless he conveniently found someone with COVID at the right dates or had it.

I think we'll know more on the PCR test evidence tomorrow in court, not that it is relevant for the purposes of medical exemption. All this has come out in the submission by his lawyers. But yes, very convenient that he suddenly tested positive on 16 December and then didn't announce it at the time, as he did when crowing about going to Australia. Peeps on a tennis forum, which I subscribe to are already accusing him of fabricating the positive PCR test to go to Australia. Personally, I will take him at his word for now until proven otherwise.

Novak has won the court case, now up to the immigration minister whom the judge did say can just go **** you up to 3 years for any reason he likes it.

Yeh just woken up to see that. But looks like Govt minister can now exercise its powers to cancel Novak's visa again.

Still, to read the court's judgment in full. Was it basically ABF not giving him enough time to produce the paperwork to prove his medical exemption? If positive test within 6 months is still not valid medical exemption for overseas vistros then Australian Govt. Would either have to change their rules for all overseas visitors or re cancel Novak's visa .

Edit: looks like The Australian Government have put themselves in a right pickle. Respect the court's decision and allow Novak to stay and play they cause outcry amongst the Australian electorate in election year for "one rule for one, one rule for another" or cancel Djokovic's visa again and ban him for 3 years and cause international outrage. Not a good look either way for them.

I'd like to know the full reasoning ATM it's being said overzealous border staff. But that shouldn't matter if he still can't technically enter the country. At least you'd have thought.

A lawyer friend (ex-Barrister) said from watching it he thought the judge was looking for an excuse to side to Novak.

Court submissions show Novak Djokovic is definitely not vaccinated.

What a circus! Wonder how much the whole ordeal has taken out of Novak mentally and he just confirms he does not play this year?

Until this Alex Hawke confirms he will not exercise his discretionary power this is not over.

No one has really come out of this looking good. From the Australian Government, Tennis Australia, Victoria state government and Novak.

Novak has loads of questions he will now face and can't hide behind his right to privacy anymore. He's a global superstar/World number 1.

Or Novak will
game of thrones combat GIF by History UK

Pretty big developments coming out of Spain in line with some of my previous posts around global Omicron data (and I found out the Korea spike in deaths is somehow Delta, which explains things a little). The centrist Spanish PM Sanchez, who is generally sensible and vigilant with Covid-19, is suggesting consideration begin for EU wide monitoring of Omicron in a similar way to the flu and that we can move to ceasing testing of people with symptoms because the virus is no longer as lethal.

This matches some reports in the UK today that the UK government are considering an end to widespread testing, the end of free lateral flow tests and even isolation by March now that the number of cases is consistently falling and we are potentially past the Omicron peak.

For those of you left alive who haven't suffered a bereavement and are not enduring long Covid, you might want to think about getting the champagne out of the ice bucket for around this time next month. Still very much worth being extremely vigilant around the vulnerable until the hospitals stop drowning under the weight of demand.

I'm already moving to self preservation mode to try and get home working entrenched beyond my existing 31st March end date (aided by sourcing a works mobile phone to go with the Covid laptop and my place of work being scheduled for demolition next year). Don't make me waste my life on a commute again please!

What about the next variant though?
Omicron is not the last we've seen of this thing.

Latest posts