• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Q: Is 170,000 dead Americans a success story?

JK: Yes...... :rolleyes:

Anyone else just want to punch this smug twat's face?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Chump telling a rally in Minnesota of the terrible surge in Covid cases in NZ and that they don't want that. :rolleyes: 13 new cases in NZ in 24 hours compared to how many each day in the USA? Over 50,000. This guy just is not connected to reality. Trying to compare USA to NZ response to this is absolutely bonkers.

Trump lies about everything. There's a fact checking service that's been keeping track of his lies since he took office. He's a whack job! :eek:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro....-walking-beaches-canary-islands-13140613/amp/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12442133/anti-mask-protests-canary-islands-extreme-measures-covid/

Just went back from my vacationship in Tenerife: first day after my flight they obliged everyone to wear masks on the streets/beaches/near swimming pools..it was a true hell outside on the sun,to be honest :confused: INCREDIBLY hot :( we all were walking almost naked but in masks! :rolleyes:

Thank you for not posting pictures! :D

Thank you for not posting pictures! :D
Now I can also laugh)but it wasn't that funny there,under the sun, I'll tell you (especially in the afternoon) :confused: you have to wear mask there even if you are alone on the street: if the police catches you without mask, you'll pay around 500 euros as a penalty

Last edited:
Now I can also laugh)but it wasn't that funny there,under the sun, I'll tell you (especially in the afternoon) :confused: you have to wear mask there even if you are alone on the street: if the police catches you without mask, you'll pay around 500 euros as a penalty
Don't have loads of sympathy, I haven't been further than 3km from my house since march

Don't have loads of sympathy, I haven't been further than 3km from my house since march

I haven't been more than 3.5 miles from my house since March. We don't use the metric system so I looked it up, it's 5.6 km. I want to visit Puerto Rico, but that'll have to wait.

Last edited:
Depressing news from Hong Kong, it's possible to get reinfected with Covid-19.

Only one case shown so may be very rare. It was two different strains and the second he caught was asymptotic which may be good news as that's the one that's circulating more in Europe now so could be a 'weaker' form of the virus. It may mean his body handled the virus better the second time he caught it.

Well it's been going on but hit me now. Work has announced 5 redundancies from our site roughly 15% of workforce. I'm thankfully safe but pretty **** news.

Well it's been going on but hit me now. Work has announced 5 redundancies from our site roughly 15% of workforce. I'm thankfully safe but pretty **** news.

yeh that's good news for you Ncurd, but not for those who lost their job.

I am off Furlough and back full time from 1 September thankfully but even my firm has sneakily got rid of staff who only started in the last year. No announcements from them just noticed them removed from MS Teams.

My sister had her role cut to 2.5 days per week and in turn her pay. Just a sneaky way for her firm to cut costs and force her to look for other work.

It's going to get worse come 31 October when the Furlough scheme ends. It's the retail, hospitality, travel and leisure industries who are going to be decimated in terms of cutting staff.

Last edited:
yeh that's good news for you Ncurd, but not for those who lost their job.
Yup they are also under 30 day consultancy with HR not outing who they are. Due to the present office situation we have no idea who they are and because normal water cooler talk isn't happening it can't move. I feel for those guys immensely but also makes it hard because you don't know if you are talking to someone about work and their heart isn't in it for absolutely fair reasons.

In a way I was lucky and I got made redundant at the end of July. I managed to find myself a new job but the market is going to be much more saturated when the furlough ends.

Thankfully I got my permanent contract ,even earlier, decided to insist on it a couple of months ago (now really glad with this decision), I've got a promotion as well.
Although, recently met an ex-colleague who told me a lot of people were fired at my previous work . :(

It's the retail, hospitality, travel and leisure industries who are going to be decimated in terms of cutting staff.
I'm so HAPPY that I left travel industry a couple of years ago,you can't even imagine.. they are doing really bad now, here in Poland.

Praying like hell lockdown 2.0 allows travel to secondary/holiday homes. I have a 2 person cottage (that's like 300m from the nearest building) booked for next month that will be the one proper holiday I get this year.

If you get questioned just say that it's part of your Wife's parent's estate and you're going there to self isolate
I mean it's both my birthday and wedding anniversary so that's at least two excursions to test eye sight.

Jamaican reggae legend Toots Hibbert of Toots and the Maytals died from Covid-19 early this morning. He was 77.

Rest in peace Toots. Thank you for all the great music! :cool:

Latest posts