• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Has anyone else noticed a trend in people receiving their vaccine, and thinking themselves bullet proof 3 days later, and that lockdown rules don't really apply to them?
Even my parents (ex-nurse and ex-GP) are happily mixing with others (whilst condemning those others for bigger breaches; but mixing with them anyway) within a week of being vaccinated!

FFS people. The vaccine just doesn't work that way. It gives your immune system a kick up the arse; and gives it some protein spike to identify and recognise earlier next time.
It (single dose) takes about 5 weeks to build up to ~66% less likely to develop symptoms - and if you do, then ~50% less likely to be hospitalised / die.
As far as I'm aware, we don't know yet how much - or even IF - it reduces your chances of being an asymptomatic shedder.

After being vaccinated, you can still catch Covid; you can still catch it badly; you can still die from it. You can absolutely certainly still spread it to other people.

I haven't noticed it but it doesn't surprise me maybe a few more local breeches by neighbours, was always my worry it would occur though. We did have to say firmly to wife's parents we weren't breeching anything when they get full vaccinated.

#sackchriswhitty trending on twitter again, for suggesting if we open too quickly they'll be another surge.

Hang on - did Schapps just justify that £37B because they they traced 9.1M people (many of them the same person repeatedly because the tracers are bored and only have 1 phone number to call) - so a cost of a mere £400,000 per person traced (yes, I know they do testing as well, but it's not the testing arm that's considered to be pissing it all up the wall for no significant benefit - that bit's merely terrible value for money; and that mostly because tracing arm is an abject failure)

Last edited:
Hang on - did Schapps just justify that £37B because they they traced 9.1M people (many of them the same person repeatedly because the tracers are bored and only have 1 phone number to call) - so a cost of a mere £400,000 per person traced (yes, I know they do testing as well, but it's not the testing arm that's considered to be pissing it all up the wall for no significant benefit - that bit's merely terrible value for money; and that mostly because tracing arm is an abject failure)
can we not discuss the track and trace debacle I'm trying to stay positive today...

But to be fair at present we have spent 22 billion, but the track and trace has been a crock of crap.
Test wise I think we have pretty good.
95 million + done so, I guess a shed load of the cash as gone here.
A private test is 100 to 300 squids so I guess a fair amount is taken here.
But still agree the track and trace has been a throw bodies at problem not any direction.

Well its 22Bn for last year and 15Bn for this year. Breakdown of costs is going to be important because 10Bn has been set aside for rapid-flow testing all of which appear to be working and crucial.

Theres some damning stuff like the cost of consultants which are currently costing 2.75 Million/Day.

Figures for the testing element need come out so we know how much for the utterly failed trace element, the fact the government aren't reporting it or trying to show that suggest the number is still utterly damning.

Well its 22Bn for last year and 15Bn for this year. Breakdown of costs is going to be important because 10Bn has been set aside for rapid-flow testing all of which appear to be working and crucial.

Theres some damning stuff like the cost of consultants which are currently costing 2.75 Million/Day.

Figures for the testing element need come out so we know how much for the utterly failed trace element, the fact the government aren't reporting it or trying to show that suggest the number is still utterly damning.
Yep RFTing being reported as 99.9% accurate on sky news this afternoon with stats from NHS which is good news.
This if true can help opening mass events.

#sackchriswhitty trending on twitter again, for suggesting if we open too quickly they'll be another surge.
When I looked last night, most of the tweets featuring that hashtag were people calling out the stupidity of it. The odd one actually advocating it was responded to by lots of sane people. Maybe that's just Twitter's algorithm filtering what I see though. The feeling from the tweets that I read was that the backlash was more to do with him pointing out that vaccines aren't the silver bullet that people who haven't bothered to read anything about them over the past six months were chosing to believe that they are.

I just can't believe how much focus has been diverted away from Covid because of this?
Government must be in heaven.
Not just Covid - but Patel's attempt to strip us of our right to peaceful protest on the grounds that it's annoying.
Or the unfolding disaster of Brexit.

HMG have also done a brilliant job of blame-shifting / creit-grabbing, and I really do'nt see why the press plays along with it.
NHS Test and Trace has nothing to do with the NHS whatsoever, it's an entirely private thing run by Serco - but it gets allowed off the hook time and time again because it's been called "NHS"
The vaccine roleout on the other hand, is almost entirely NHS, with some help from the military and the odd private company largely doing charitable work (eg. private pharmacies) - and yet it's often referred to as "The government's vaccine role-out"; I don't think I've ever heard it referred to as "The NHS vaccine role-out"

Last edited:
It's been a full year since Covid-19 was deemed a pandemic here in the USA. On the bright side, we finally have a President who cares and is actually doing something to help.

Not just Covid - but Patel's attempt to strip us of our right to peaceful protest on the grounds that it's annoying.
Or the unfolding disaster of Brexit.

HMG have also done a brilliant job of blame-shifting / creit-grabbing, and I really do'nt see why the press plays along with it.
NHS Test and Trace has nothing to do with the NHS whatsoever, it's an entirely private thing run by Serco - but it gets allowed off the hook time and time again because it's been called "NHS"
The vaccine roleout on the other hand, is almost entirely NHS, with some help from the military and the odd private company largely doing charitable work (eg. private pharmacies) - and yet it's often referred to as "The government's vaccine role-out"; I don't think I've ever heard it referred to as "The NHS vaccine role-out"
Their influence has now cancelled "The Mash Report" on the BBC at the behest of their new director general due to its "perceived political bias" despite the BBC's long standing history of political comedy programs that took potshots of the governments of the time.

Added with the new crime bill being an actual abomination in terms of real free speech.

I really really hate what is happening in this country at the moment and COVID has given them ample opportunity for them to do it on the sly.

Latest posts