• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

I was thinking to go back to Moscow to get a Sputnik shot (without any queue like here in Poland) but again..not sure how it will be going with Covid passports if Sputnik is not approved in the EU. Decided to wait for another vaccine instead. So tired to wait for it though, just ready for any vaccine now, can't stand lockdowns and all that anymore

So tired to wait for it though, just ready for any vaccine now,
Same,
It's frustrating seeing people I follow on social media that are my age, in other countries, getting their second doses already whereas the predicted date I'll get mine keeps creeping further away according to the omni calculator online

I get that there's supplyside issues etc, but it's just...a bit deflating, after the initial success of the roll out
1618689049566.png

I get that there's supplyside issues etc, but it's just...a bit deflating, after the initial success of the roll out
Yes,but the roll out in the UK is better than in Poland anyway, I believe. So you'll get your vaccine in a month or two and I'll be jealous of you

It makes sense, first countries hit were richer nations or travel hubs who get hit hard and fast because of the amount coming or going. Those nations have the resources to pull themselves out of the long term mire whilst other nations get a slow burn but also can't pull themselves.

Life expectancy in HIV is a graph is probably a similar illustration, whilst the world got a grip on it Africa was massively hit.

Meanwhile Oz and NZ announce a quarantine free travel bubble.

Fair play to them for handling it and cooperating so well. They had plenty of advantages over Europe and the UK but it's such an obvious lesson that we're not taking it onboard, we can't even get close to a unified approach in Ireland despite constant examples of people going north because of lighter restrictions and vice versa aiding spikes.

Meanwhile Oz and NZ announce a quarantine free travel bubble.

Fair play to them for handling it and cooperating so well. They had plenty of advantages over Europe and the UK but it's such an obvious lesson that we're not taking it onboard, we can't even get close to a unified approach in Ireland despite constant examples of people going north because of lighter restrictions and vice versa aiding spikes.
Back at the start of the year Gibraltar wasn't under any major lockdown. A work colleague lives there and was travelling back to the UK and his flight was full of drunken Irish and English lads who had just gone there to get hammered. No face masks, no social distancing he said it was carnage.

176325559_911418686098499_6225287186344976550_n.jpg

How much of harms is skewed by mainly people with underlying conditions of various degrees are the only ones who've taken it?
From what I can tell - that's simply not relevant; partly because it's not true. As far as I'm aware, none of the risk factors that qualify one for vaccination are also risk factors for vaccine anaphylaxis or CVT.
Added to which, we, and Israel, and USA, have vaccinated enough people without risk factors to get some decent data by now.

The weaknesses are mostly on the other side - potential benefits of vaccination - it's only looking at ICE admission due to Covid - not long covid, not complications of covid etc

Last edited:

Despite having both Pfizer jabs, airport worker reportedly still tested positive.
Yes I guess we know that protection isn't 100% a given, looking at our figures released today.
Prof Semple Government advisor on Covid 19 ,only 32 people out of 74000 hospital admissions had a dose of vaccine 3 weeks previously so even 1 shot gives a good protection against hospitalisation these figues to end of March so vast majority would fall into elderly vulnerable group as well.
I guess what we want/need is not 0 cases but very low need for hospitalisation the above seems to support that and Phizer/AZ is doing its job.

Yes I guess we know that protection isn't 100% a given, looking at our figures released today.
Prof Semple Government advisor on Covid 19 ,only 32 people out of 74000 hospital admissions had a dose of vaccine 3 weeks previously so even 1 shot gives a good protection against hospitalisation these figues to end of March so vast majority would fall into elderly vulnerable group as well.
I guess what we want/need is not 0 cases but very low need for hospitalisation the above seems to support that and Phizer/AZ is doing its job.
AZ and Pfizer both reach about 75% "immunity*" after about 5 weeks. Pfizer then plateaus, whilst AZ keeps on going (but we don't know how far, at the time that research was going on, AZ had only been used for about 6 weeks)

*IIRC, that was immunity in terms of severe disease requiring hospitalistion; whether ICU or not - but that's all from memory; I can look up the research if you're interested - although I have a feeling I already put it up in this thread 3ish weeks ago

Latest posts