• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Anecdotal I know, but I saw a tweet from an anesthetist on Saturday saying that in his hospital, cancer surgeries were already getting cancelled because ICU beds were full. This current level is unmanageable, let alone any additional admissions.

True that is the flip side: those seriously ill enough taking up valuable ICU beds at the expense of other patients and resources.

Bojo news conference at 6pm.

I'm going to be calm during this press conference, I'm going to be calm during this press conference, I'm going to be calm during this press conference

Work Frome Home if you can.
Extension of Masks to everything except when eating and drinking.
COVID Pass for very large capacity events.

So two things they should of done already especially the masks. And a very light touch on COVID pass (no way I hell I'd go to any indoor or outdoor events at those capacities).

Just went to renew my covid pass and I think everyone else has had the same idea cause the systems gone down

Work from home if you can but Christmas Parties are okay...
Sorry should be clear here this is genuinely what said. Not in one sentence but after announcing work from home in Q&A he said no reason to cancel Christmas Parties.

Work from home if you can but Christmas Parties are okay...
Already spoken to two people at work who were already thinking of pulling out. We have 60 attending ours this year next Friday. Company has paid the deposit and won't cancel it. But how can it really be enjoyable with that doubt at the back of our minds? Sure, after a few drinks and peeps start relaxing and then forget about it etc.

Mask wearing at Xmas parties won't happen, and just waiting for everyone to be told to show a negative LFT to attend.

Already spoken to two people at work who were already thinking of pulling out. We have 60 attending ours this year next Friday. Company has paid the deposit and won't cancel it. But how can it really be enjoyable with that doubt at the back of our minds? Sure, after a few drinks and peeps start relaxing and then forget about it etc.

Mask wearing at Xmas parties won't happen, and just waiting for everyone to be told to show a negative LFT to attend.
We had a discussion instigated by myself this morning before this announcement was made. We were just talking about having Pizza in the office between a few of us. Hardly a party. Imagine we'll scrub it first thing in the morning. Bit there's like 20ish people total in our office.

View attachment 12682

NHS app for Covid pass. Updating it for mass events?
Mine just had a JSON with an error message earlier

I'm guessing my Christmas do will go ahead and it's just out for a meal at a fancy restaurant then out for drinks after - we're a small company so most of us around each other every day anyway
Imagine there'll be fewer people stopping out for drinks after, now, though

Booster done.

Been a right old week. 9 year old positive on a PCR. I was negative so went away on a job in Essex only to start getting a sore throat Tuesday. Flow tests every day, sore throat ended up being just a bit of a cold. Been OK today, again tested myself twice, both negative so went for my booster.

Sooner we get on top of this the better but I'm not that hopeful

My brother has tested positive with symptoms and today lost his sense of taste and smell. He was double jabbed in August, but hadn't got booster yet. I imagine it is the new variant. Definitely feel like cases could skyrocket soon.

My brother has tested positive with symptoms and today lost his sense of taste and smell. He was double jabbed in August, but hadn't got booster yet. I imagine it is the new variant. Definitely feel like cases could skyrocket soon.
I think the symptoms have changed with the new variant and you dont tend to loose your taste etc.

Latest posts