• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

I was wondering if/when the "people can't die twice" argument was going to make its way to these boards.
I think there is a fair argument to say that average deaths will likely go down after this, its a logical step.

Those thinking it will outweigh the far higher than average death are sadly deluding themselves. Its the same bad logical thinking who thing we'll endure pain post-Brexit then everything will be fine.

So the 2-3 week delay between infections happening, and being caught on test is now showing up the results of the last round of easing
https://www.theguardian.com/society...breaks-in-english-workplaces-double-in-a-week

Suspected Covid-19 outbreaks in English workplaces double in a week

Spread of virus in workplaces is trending up while transmission in most other settings declines.

Suspected outbreaks of Covid-19 in workplaces in England almost doubled in the past week, prompting concern as more people return to their jobs.

Public Health England (PHE) said 43 acute respiratory outbreaks were reported in workplaces in the week ending 28 June, up from 22 in the previous week.

The data shows the spread of the virus in workplaces is trending up while transmission in most other settings is in decline. Workplaces are now the only location where the spread of the virus is clearly on the increase.

Low-paid, manual workers, face a much greater risk of dying from coronavirus than higher-paid, white-collar workers. Security guards, care workers, construction workers, plant operatives, cleaners, taxi drivers, bus drivers, chefs and retail workers are all at a greater risk of dying, according to analysis of Covid-19 fatalities from the Office for National Statistics.

What better timing to open pubs? - where you can drink whilst wearing a mask, drunks are famous for respecting your personal space, and anybody who've ever been in a pub Gents' can agree that hand hygiene is of utmost importance. Of course, no-one working in pubs could be considered "low paid" and therefore liable to see a greater risk of death either.

Oh, and let's combine that with a message that tells us that social distancing isn't even important anymore - or at least, that the lives it saves are less important than the finances of Vote Leave donors.

So the 2-3 week delay between infections happening, and being caught on test is now showing up the results of the last round of easing
https://www.theguardian.com/society...breaks-in-english-workplaces-double-in-a-week

What better timing to open pubs? - where you can drink whilst wearing a mask, drunks are famous for respecting your personal space, and anybody who've ever been in a pub Gents' can agree that hand hygiene is of utmost importance. Of course, no-one working in pubs could be considered "low paid" and therefore liable to see a greater risk of death either.

Oh, and let's combine that with a message that tells us that social distancing isn't even important anymore - or at least, that the lives it saves are less important than the finances of Vote Leave donors.
But tomorrows Super Saturday!

I'm dreading the pictures coming out of tomorrow....

Are pubs opening as normal the UK? You have to get a meal if you want to go here.
Yup were full on mental pubs opening as normal you have to respect 1 meter social distancing mind.....

The meal thing make more sense but nope were going full on COVID for everyone opening.....

Yup were full on mental pubs opening as normal you have to respect 1 meter social distancing mind.....

The meal thing make more sense but nope were going full on COVID for everyone opening.....
Are they actually opening as normal anywhere? All the ones I've seen you have to book in advance, sit at a table, have a limit on time and orders will be taken at the table.

Are they actually opening as normal anywhere? All the ones I've seen you have to book in advance, sit at a table, have a limit on time and orders will be taken at the table.
No idea to be honest I would only go into a pub at gunpoint in present situation and give it a number of weeks before doing so. Plus I imagine most people don't know about this and will go to the pub anyway.

We shall see but previous record of McDonalds/KFC/Beeches suggest there will be massive queues.

Be interesting to see how many peeps give pubs their name and number.

Be interesting to see how many peeps give pubs their name and number.
It would be a real shame if that booking thing were true everywhere, and thousands of people book tables etc and boycotted.
A real shame.
Especially if it were done to make a political point, targetting certain chains (rather than small locals)

I wouldn't condemn condone it at all

It would be a real shame if that booking thing were true everywhere, and thousands of people book tables etc and boycotted.
A real shame.
Especially if it were done to make a political point, targetting certain chains (rather than small locals)

I wouldn't condemn condone it at all

Haha, yeh me I am happy to have my take away fish and chips and bottles of beers at home. :)

thank you Bojo and Co.:rolleyes:

bottles of beers at home
Be interesting to see if the supermarkets booze levels are a bit more replenished due to this - I do all my shopping on a Friday after I finish work and the beer shelved are like a ghost town, more often than not

No idea to be honest I would only go into a pub at gunpoint in present situation and give it a number of weeks before doing so. Plus I imagine most people don't know about this and will go to the pub anyway.

We shall see but previous record of McDonalds/KFC/Beeches suggest there will be massive queues.

I too will be avoiding pubs for a few weeks at least. Not sure it's worth the effort and it will be much better than sitting in the park.

I think if you turn up without a booking you'll get turned away and are limited by table spaces. But may be different at some locations.

Don't see an issue with queue as long as it's socially distanced.

Last edited:
Be interesting to see if the supermarkets booze levels are a bit more replenished due to this - I do all my shopping on a Friday after I finish work and the beer shelved are like a ghost town, more often than not

Timing is key to getting your booze from Supermarkets of course. Early morning when they restock and also try the smaller ones. I have visited a few in my area and they have been well stocked each time I have been in there. Not Friday evenings mind you.

Otherwise like on booze thread I can recommend Beers of Europe online for delivery of beers you can't get in the supermarkets if beers are your tipple. Chin chin.

Have missed the pubs, but yeh will stand back for now and watch the herds go in first and risk their necks and then wait for the mania to die down first before thinking of going to one. I Miss drinking cask beer, in the beer gardens of my local pubs. But so many have closed in my area.

Last edited:
To avoid lock ins starting from 00.01 pubs can now be open from 6 a.m. It's going to be messy....

I also won't be going to a pub any time soon, but if I was 20 again I'd have been first in the queue for a few early pints, a massive fry up, and then as many more pints as I could stay awake for. Thankfully I'm not 20 anymore and we'll be heading to the Isle of Wight with the family with plenty of Guinness, Doom Bar and Honey Dew already onboard.

Just hope it's not too crappy for the emergency services.

An outbreak is 2 or more sadly we don't know the size of work places other than Walkers at Leicester that has 1.4 k employee's.
Kirkless was 300 plus with 12 cases I believe.
My local has reported a whistleblower has confirmed an outbreak of 3 cases in an 800 workforce.
Sometimes worrying sometimes a bit of media sensation as they have f#$k all else to report about till tomorrows pictures of 70 indoors in pub.

So if UK was more trusting of our Government, obedient as a society, wore masks, sanitizers everywhere/ Washing of hands effectively and just generally being more considerate of others space (more bowing and fewer handshakes) we could have saved 49,000 lives. Yeh, what a country we'd live in.

Latest posts