• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

My local police have said they had more 999 calls for anti social behaviour/drunk and disorderly last night than they do on NYE

Wow, what relevance has racism to spreading covid? It was the act of going out to commit criminal acts during lock down and going to the sea side for the day I have issues with that and the constant blah blah from obvious left wing bias that drives me nuts. I was once a union activist myself (num) and labour voter until half way through Blair but found I could not stomach the hypocracy and lies any more. So coming back to your comment you really think going out to protest is more important than people's lives. I hope covid acts in a Darwinian manner in that case, my priorities are well sorted. Get rid of covid, do not have anything to do with organisations that consider themselfs above the law and are willing to risk the lives of others for political gain. ( read the published objectives of blm). And not let mindless idiots wind me up.

The same group of people who have been opposing BLM are the ones who have been furiously demanding they shouldn't wear masks and that the economy should reopen regardless of consequence? It isn't difficult to see that. The difference is the protests are for a larger matter that needed addressing and for the most part people involved in the protests were still wearing masks. People on the right have specifically been protesting against the Covid measures and against masks. Non-adherence to good guidelines is a byproduct of the BLM protests but it is the central intent of the right wing. That is the difference. Should there have been protests? In the USA maybe but not here.

Again, tell me which countries have the worst Covid cases and which way they lean? Which states in the USA are now facing the worst rises in Covid cases? Which party do representatives belong to who have argued against Covid measures? The link to racism is that it is the same people in both cases who both ignore racism issues and launch personal attacks at those who protested and who now ignore the covid problem and launch personal attacks at the experts. You can't just ignore this.

I've been to Japan and agree with you. They were the kindest and most respectful people I've ever known. And it's a super clean country too. If the rest of the world tried half as hard as the Japanese the Covid-19 pandemic would have been over a long time ago.
Have you visited rugby matches there?) I've just checked : they have the strongest rugby team in Asian region (that surprised me!). And their team is known as "The Cherry blossoms/Sakura/the Brave blossoms" - that's so sweet :rolleyes:

I've been to Japan and agree with you. They were the kindest and most respectful people I've ever known. And it's a super clean country too. If the rest of the world tried half as hard as the Japanese the Covid-19 pandemic would have been over a long time ago.
Is it true you can buy used woman's underwear in vending machines?

Is it true you can buy used woman's underwear in vending machines?

not the ones I came across in Tokyo, Osaka or Kyoto. Anything from cold/hot drinks, food, ice cream. They were very convenient.

1. My local police have said they had more 999 calls for anti social behaviour/drunk and disorderly last night than they do on NYE
My Son a Police Sargent all leave cancelled our area ( North Northants) said was very quiet , visited 40+ pubs.
Compliance to regards good.
One pub shut at request of licence holders due to idiots that door person couldn't control.
Of course every area is different but lack of mass media reaports other than Notts suggests general good compliance.
As always spin can be made to look good or bad.
Daughter in law an A&E nights last night said less pa

Metro Melbourne going back to Lvl 3 lockdown for 6 weeks...awesome, please everyone heed this and don't be stupid when your lockdowns ease

Last edited:
Poetic justice Bolsonaro tests positive.

I'm in no way wishing that he dies from it, but 'hypothetically' if he did die I'd be so curious if he actually and genuinely regretted his decisions because for me he's been worse than Trump and basically let the disease run rampant through his country and his people.

I'm in no way wishing that he dies from it, but 'hypothetically' if he did die I'd be so curious if he actually and genuinely regretted his decisions because for me he's been worse than Trump and basically let the disease run rampant through his country and his people.

I think that is for his Priest to answer if he ever got to that point.

if he's a typical right wing populist I would think he would never apologise for what he has done. Trump's a bloody hypocrite holding up the Bible to his evangelical voters without being a true believer himself.

I've been to Brazil in the beginning of March,when there were 1-2 cases of Coronavirus. During my 2-week trip it became a catastrophe ( but at least they kept their borders open (not like Argentina) so I managed to go back to Warsaw..11h flight to Amsterdam,8h waiting in the airport,1.5h flight to Berlin and 7h of a bus ride to Warsaw (Poland closed it's borders so there were no flights to Warsaw). For me as a tourist it was really great that Brazil stayed "open" that time

If you're still on stay at home orders you can always get a decent workout in at home. Pushups, Situps, Dumbbell and bar weights, Stationary Bikes, Stretching, Running and Walking in place (preferrably in intervals to keep from getting bored). And there's always good ol' reliable Burpies.

Last edited:
Putting the twits in, as I can't get the link to work - apparently it's too busy for its server

The above is a story in the Times I saw today. Beggars belief how unbelievably stupid people are.

Latest posts