Leinster Fan

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

To be honest I achieved very little in either lockdown. Managed to read a lot during the first one but that fell off when socializing became an option again over the summer and I haven't managed to start up properly again bar the odd 20 pages here and there now that we're back in lockdown.

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

My fundamentals are reasonably sound (he says with a lot of false confidence), I did C# in college and use php on the daily

The real reason I'm interested in mainly just for dicking around rather than using it in any sort of professional setting - automation/raspberry Pi/dumb little projects kinda stuff

Yulia

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Russian Federation

Club or Nation

Russia

Read/listened to a lot of stoic philosophy and now the history of Rome too.
Oh..envy. The only one thing related to philosophy I did this year: I've visited Immanuel Kant's grave today. :D I'm currently in Russian Kaliningrad for a couple of days and decided to visit its "Königsberg places",so Kant's grave was on my list.
Why do you read it? Just for.. pleasure?:rolleyes:

I wouldn't,
I went pretty hardcore into trying to get the basics before I went there in March, since then I've just been doing the bare minimum so the app will stop sending me notifications to do my daily practise
Well,it's difficult to learn a foreign language if you don't work in it/don't live in this foreign country tbh. I was learning a couple of languages that I completely forgot because never used them after. Although, have never learned Polish but speak it fluently now after living for 4 years in Poland and talking to my colleagues in Polish..so if you really want to learn it, it's better to move to Japan I think

The Alpha Bro

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

Oh..envy. The only one thing related to philosophy I did this year: I've visited Immanuel Kant's grave today. :D I'm currently in Russian Kaliningrad for a couple of days and decided to visit its "Königsberg places",so Kant's grave was on my list.
Why do you read it? Just for.. pleasure?:rolleyes:
I definitely enjoy it, I wouldn't say pleasure though, I find it very helpful for my mental health, motivation etc... So there's definitely a self improvement aspect to it and I take a lot of quotes down.

Yulia

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Russian Federation

Club or Nation

Russia

I definitely enjoy it, I wouldn't say pleasure though, I find it very helpful for my mental health, motivation etc... So there's definitely a self improvement aspect to it and I take a lot of quotes down.
Would you recommend something to read? For mental health and motivation, I mean

The Alpha Bro

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

Would you recommend something to read? For mental health and motivation, I mean
Ego is the enemy is a good one to get into it. Anything by Ryan Holiday is very good.

duncanb

Bench Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Northampton

Maybe a tad of positivity UK vaccine rate now above positive tests.
Yes we're been **** at most things covid wise, but we seem to be nailing vaccination.
Hard to praise here a positive for some.
Heyho.

Which Tyler

International
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

Yep, I'm full of praise for the vaccination effort.
I have the odd disagreement on strategy, but even there I understand the rationale. Generally though, it's rolling out very successfully

The Alpha Bro

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

One night in Miami.

I liked it, not exactly a masterpiece by any means but a very interesting portrayal of Ali, Cook, Brown and Malcolm X. Will probably watch again and enjoy it a bit more after doing a bit of reading on the Nation of Islam, the film was difficult enough to understand without a reasonably comprehensive knowledge of the group.

The_Blindside

International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

Hong Kong

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

ncurd

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

”we were bored and wanted to have fun”.
“It was only supposed to be a small gathering.”
“how can you expect a 20 year old girl to afford to pay £10,000 For this ?”

The yoof today. :rolleyes:
Suspect the youth of yesterday would of done exactly the same thing. I always remember The Who's My Generation was written in the mid 60's

The_Blindside

International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

Hong Kong

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

Suspect the youth of yesterday would of done exactly the same thing. I always remember The Who's My Generation was written in the mid 60's
Yeh but it’s our prerogative now we are older and wiser to tut at the youth today. i am being facetious BTW. :p

big ginger 8

International
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

Insert Socrates quote about the youth of today.

Kiwiwomble

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Otago

all right, not so much something to do during lockdown...but something not to do inspired by being lockdown for so long

joined the local club preseason training a few weeks ago, during lockdown I got pretty lonely and thought it would have been good to have a few more local mates to catch up with even if at distance

last time I played for a club was uni 21 years ago and I turned 40 the other week, really did forget how much of a step up it is going from casual/social sport to proper club with 20 years olds hoping to go profressional

**** im sore

#powerhouserugby

Last edited:

Latest posts