• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cricket Thread

Don't be too down, look what happened to the ABs after they broke their choke

Don't be too down, look what happened to the ABs after they broke their choke
They never broke it. They were just lots better than aus in 2015, pretty much choked against the Boks in the semi but we're still good enough to win, completely choked against France in 2011 but were still good enough and lucky enough to win.

Good to know they've lost the tag though

Well the English weather has pretty much finished SA's choices.

Yeah I didn't realise there were no reserve days until I saw the SA game announced as no result, why on earth would there not be?? Totally abysmal organisation.

Yeah I didn't realise there were no reserve days until I saw the SA game announced as no result, why on earth would there not be?? Totally abysmal organisation.

Yeah, it baffles me too. But alas, we should be happy we got a point at least...

So from here on out, 4 teams can end up with more than 12 points and the maximum SA can get if they win all their upcoming games, are 11. So we're pretty much done.

Or as one of the Commentators said over the weekend: "South Africa have a very hard choice to make now, will it be window or aisle seats"...

Yeah, it baffles me too. But alas, we should be happy we got a point at least...

So from here on out, 4 teams can end up with more than 12 points and the maximum SA can get if they win all their upcoming games, are 11. So we're pretty much done.

Or as one of the Commentators said over the weekend: "South Africa have a very hard choice to make now, will it be window or aisle seats"...
Yeah pretty stink for sa. But you never know, the competition might have rained out games against Afghanistan and Sri Lanka .

What is very likely is that at least one of the 4th or 5th placed team will have had at least one rained out game , ie all this to decide the top 4 when rain will likely be a factor. I guess it is unlikely that the best performing team won't make the top 4 though.

So disappointing, the UK is such a small, population-intense country that pretty much every professional cricket ground in the country is accessible from each of the others in half a day without flying. So you wouldn't even need to necessarily play the backup day at the same ground if it didn't fit the fixture list! The mind boggles that this is allowed to happen

This latest result really sucks for Bangladesh, must be demoralizing. They would have been targeting this as a must win game , probably aiming to make the top 4 for this world cup and would have talked about trying to win every game but really having to beat Sri Lanka

This latest result really sucks for Bangladesh, must be demoralizing. They would have been targeting this as a must win game , probably aiming to make the top 4 for this world cup and would have talked about trying to win every game but really having to beat Sri Lanka

2nd day in a row the weather had an influence, and my suspicion is that it will be a trending issue going forward. Why have a WC at a place where the teams can't play due to conditions, or even have a back-up plan in place???

2nd day in a row the weather had an influence, and my suspicion is that it will be a trending issue going forward. Why have a WC at a place where the teams can't play due to conditions, or even have a back-up plan in place???
Playing it at this time suits the England team down to the ground as the pitches will be green tops, nullifying the sub continent spinner.
It is a plan, apart from the fact that the ICC are already behind India winning, they want an India England final

Playing it at this time suits the England team down to the ground as the pitches will be green tops, nullifying the sub continent spinner.
It is a plan, apart from the fact that the ICC are already behind India winning, they want an India England final
How are the icc behind India winning? Genuine question as I don't follow cricket politics. Is that why the white ball doesn't swing anymore? ICC have ensured it was made in a way that minimises swing?

Yeah it's dumb. From an nz point of view we e had our 3 easiest matches and won them without rain, so at least now if one of our games is rained out it won't be too much of a disadvantage. Could be an advantage even. But unless we win the World Cup it is not going to feel better to have made the semis than not, considering the obvious randomising effect the rain is going to play in who makes the top 4.

How are the icc behind India winning? Genuine question as I don't follow cricket politics. Is that why the white ball doesn't swing anymore? ICC have ensured it was made in a way that minimises swing?

Well the indian spinners, and all the subcontinent spinners for that matter has been performing rather well on these green pitches, so I don't buy that crap.

As for the whole India/England final. That I can see, especially since England, India and Australia have basically taken over the ICC.

Money runs the ICC and that money is in India. The ECB do a shocking job of running the county game as they only chase international game money. That is coupled with their desperate attempts to recreate IPL or BBL (despite us having 'invented' top league T20). However I don't believe in any grand conspiracy the grand conspiracy would be if every world cup was held in India.

The white ball has never really swung, two balls was suppose to aid this but it made no difference. Reality is one day cricket is a batsman game not a bowlers where economy rates are far more important than wicket taking prowess. Great exponents of spin or swing don't really get a look in as the ball doesn't do either (look at England our best two seam bowlers don't play one day cricket and neither does our best spinner). The ICC not the county's are preparing the wickets which is why they are likely inert pieces of garbage.

There's no problem with holding a tournament in England, excellent infrastructure & a large sub-continent ethnic population means we are well setup to host. If the ECB cared about participation figures instead of money we'd likely have sizable population up for this but no cricket has been on free to air TV since 2005....

The issue is the ECB and ICC have set up this entire tournament to favor the sub-continent audience.....also I'm sure reserve days were a thing of past that make zero sense.

Money runs the ICC and that money is in India. The ECB do a shocking job of running the county game as they only chase international game money. That is coupled with their desperate attempts to recreate IPL or BBL (despite us having 'invented' top league T20). However I don't believe in any grand conspiracy the grand conspiracy would be if every world cup was held in India.

The white ball has never really swung, two balls was suppose to aid this but it made no difference. Reality is one day cricket is a batsman game not a bowlers where economy rates are far more important than wicket taking prowess. Great exponents of spin or swing don't really get a look in as the ball doesn't do either (look at England our best two seam bowlers don't play one day cricket and neither does our best spinner). The ICC not the county's are preparing the wickets which is why they are likely inert pieces of garbage.

There's no problem with holding a tournament in England, excellent infrastructure & a large sub-continent ethnic population means we are well setup to host. If the ECB cared about participation figures instead of money we'd likely have sizable population up for this but no cricket has been on free to air TV since 2005....

The issue is the ECB and ICC have set up this entire tournament to favor the sub-continent audience.....also I'm sure reserve days were a thing of past that make zero sense.

Meaning what sorry?

Latest posts