• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Crusaders VS Blues

J

Juggernaut

Blues:
15. Isa Nacewa, 14. David Smith, 13. Anthony Tuitavake, 12. Benson Stanley, 11. Rudi Wulf, 10. Nick Evans, 9. Taniela Moa, 8. Nick Williams, 7. Daniel Braid, 6. Jerome Kaino, 5. Troy Flavell [C], 4. Anthony Boric, 3. John Afoa, 2. Keven Mealamu, 1. Tony Woodcock
Reserves: 16. Nick White, 17. Bronson Murray, 18. Kurtis Haiu, 19. Justin Collins, 20. Danny Lee, 21. Isaia Toeava, 22. Ben Atiga

Toeava is relegated to the bench with Tuitavake starting at center, which gives David Smith a start on the wing. Moa also gets to start ahead of Lee. Forwards remain as they are.

BLUES by 13.

Crusaders:
15. Leon MacDonald 14. Kade Poki 13. Casey Laulala 12. Tim Bateman 11. Sean Maitland 10. Stephen Brett 9. Andrew Ellis 8. Mose Tuiali'i 7. Richard McCaw © 6. Kieran Read 5. Ali Williams 4. Brad Thorn 3. Greg Somerville 2. Corey Flynn 1. Ben Franks
Reserves: 16. Ti'i Paulo 17. Wyatt Crockett 18. Ross Filipo 19. Nasi Manu 20. Kahn Fotuali'i 21. Hamish Gard 22. Scott Hamilton

damn, Hamilton is on the bench. :wall:

I love how the Blues are in blue and the Crusaders are in purple :p

I can't see the Crusaders losing two in a row, expecting a backlash.

Saders by 13+ but not to get a BP.

About time the Blues put in David Smith instead of keeping him on the bench. He carves up in Air New Zealand Cup but doesn't get the chance to show his talents in the Super14. Hopefully he'll shine against the Crusaders.

I don't really like either team because I'm a Hurricanes fan but I'm picking Crusaders for the win only because my ex was an Aucklander and she was and still is a egg so now I hate Aucklanders lol. Nah just kidding but yep GO THE HURRICANES!!!!

A change to the Crusaders lineup. Laulala has been ruled because of injury and has been replaced by Caleb Ralph.

:bana:

^ I don't think any of the decisions were incorrect though (except for maybe Flynn sinbinning). I actually thought the ref was quite good.

That play where Blues had a penalty in the last 5mins (?) but Evans over cooked the kick, the game probably was done and dusted there. He did have a good game overall, as did the the team, blues and crusaders.

Aw well, good luck for the blues!

Better than I thought it would be, if we just had a coach who doesn't cause a player revolt everywhere we go, we probably could've cruised home in this, too drunk to rant on the dipshit cocksucking piece of **** officials, but when I sober up i'll probably rant about them. Evans looked in good nick apart from that mistake right at the end.

Blues scrum smashed the Crusaders in the scrum, Afoa staking his claim for that Number 1 jesrey, hopefully a sign of thing's to come for when Deans takes over that Wallaby pack. Stanley didn't exactly make his mark.

Smith is also making Nuci look like a pillock, hopefully 3 weeks will be enough to get into consideration for the 3rd wing spot, if not for Rocokoko's spot. Kid's going to be a star sooner than later, especially with his destructive running at the end of an All Black backline.

yeah i really enjoyed that game, even if my boys didnt come home with the win. must say, interesting having the switch of evans and necewa, from fullback to 5/8. i think it worked quite well. also having smith at 14, and tuituvaki at 13 did WONDERS!

tuituvaki never was a consideration of all black contention untill this game, but now i see! hes a wasted talent at wing. he needs ball in hand. he cut through the crusaders like a hot knife through butter. great stuff. the same goes to smith. give him the ball and hes a monster. good to see some real potential in the blues squad, alas too little too late. they have zero chance of winning this imo. if they cant beat the saders now, then they wont in the final, if they make it that far, that is, which i doubt.

Well Im glad Crusaders won because the canes chances have increased. I think the Blues scrum was more dominant (lol @ woodcock making Somerville his b!tch) although I do remember Afoa getting owned in one of the scrums and Im still not convinced. I think Tialata is better than Afoa and Somerville when it comes to scrums. Which increases his chances of making the ABs number one spot. However he is lacking in discipline.
Anyway Tuitavake and David smith had an awesome game, Although Toeva didnt have a full game he was pretty non existant imo. I suspect your coach will do something such as benching Smith in the next game lol. Good game overall.

Toeava's had a injured ankle for awhile now apparently, so he hasn't been able to run at full speed. Tialata's too hot and cold for my liking, with Afoa you may not get Hayman-esque scrummaging every single week, but 90% of the time he will hold fort and enable the dominant scrummager on the other end to go to work, which when you have someone like Woodcock is all you need.

Wouldn't surprise if Nucifora benches Smith, but if he does there will be a full stage riot resulting in his house being burnt down.

Blues, I will be surprised if they even make the semi's now sadly, but with a new coach next year who just let's the players do this thing, like Pat Lam figured out what to do in the NPC, we can be contenders again.

Difference between the loss in Hamilton and last nights victory=Leon McDonald.
Well put by Marc Hinton in Rugby Heaven, "They weren't out-fought on a night of high drama. But they were definitely out-thought. For the winners Leon MacDonald was magnificent at the back,"
Well ... out-thinking the Auckland team....not much of an ask!

Well that was pretty much justice.

McD (or Panadol or whatever ripper calls him) had a fine game and cemented his position as number 1 fullback in the Super 14. Isn't that so Rip.

Blues scrum was good, but Crusaders lineout was far superior.

Just goes to show Blues razzle dazzle will never overcome the superior rugby skills and intelligence of the Crusaders. How could they ever overcome with likes of Ice 'drop it' Toeava, '**** kick' Nacewa and Anthony ' I'll play ok some times.....when i can be bothered' Tuatavaki.

Bye Bye Blues, Bye bye Ripper. Better luck next time. You'll need it (as well as a new team).

:bana:

Difference between the loss in Hamilton and last nights victory=Leon McDonald.
Well put by Marc Hinton in Rugby Heaven, "They weren't out-fought on a night of high drama. But they were definitely out-thought. For the winners Leon MacDonald was magnificent at the back,"
Well ... out-thinking the Auckland team....not much of an ask! [/b]

lol, how did you out think us - just because you won, does that mean you got out thought by Waikato :lol2tn: ? If the ref's don't have a couple of shockers (especially with the Tuitavakie no try) it's lights out Canterbury. It was hardly some masterstroke gameplan by Deans, who if the last two games is anything to go by is going to keep the status quo on recent All Black dominance over the Wannabes

If anything, the differenece was the fact the Blues were out of kilter and were bombing opportunites left right and centre, and even than we still did enough to win.

Well that was pretty much justice.

McD (or Panadol or whatever ripper calls him) had a fine game and cemented his position as number 1 fullback in the Super 14. Isn't that so Rip.

Blues scrum was good, but Crusaders lineout was far superior.

Just goes to show Blues razzle dazzle will never overcome the superior rugby skills and intelligence of the Crusaders. How could they ever overcome with likes of Ice 'drop it' Toeava, '**** kick' Nacewa and Anthony ' I'll play ok some times.....when i can be bothered' Tuatavaki.

Bye Bye Blues, Bye bye Ripper. Better luck next time. You'll need it (as well as a new team).[/b]

:wacko:

I'm not sure if it's even worth responding to you, considering the fact you are just obviously some glory-seeking bandwagoner, you've gone from the biggest Blues homer to suddenly a die hard Cantab. Your an even bigger joke than Bjok.

I'm not sure if it's even worth responding to you, considering the fact you are just obviously some glory-seeking bandwagoner, you've gone from the biggest Blues homer to suddenly a die hard Cantab. Your an even bigger joke than Bjok.
[/quote]

U disappoint me Ripper. Such a lame ass reply. Are you suffering? Seems like the pressure is on ya, and ya just can't hack it.

I think ya need to take a long hard look at yourself there Mummy's boy and understand that you can't be right all of the time and that sometimes, other people's views (i.e. BJOK) are just plain right. Don't be afraid to admit it Rip, Don't be afraid. It's the sign of a real man that can admit his mistakes.

By the way Rippo, have you ever played rugby? Or do you just watch other guys playing it and then delude yourself into thinking that you know what you are saying?

Latest posts