• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Currie Cup Final: Sharks vs Bulls

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Oct 25 2008, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The only thing Bulls supporters are relying on is that the Sharks choke. Everybody knows they're the better team who have been playing the best rugby in the CC.

Steyn to win it in the last minute by accidently kicking it over the posts from a 22m drop out :p

BTW i think that french flyhalf you're talking about steynboi is Thierry Lacroux (sp?)[/b]
Thierry Lacroix. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thierry_Lacroix

Olivier Roumat (a french lock) was with the Sharks in 96 too.

Congrats Sharks ! In France, Canal + show us the try saver by Michalak at the half time of Paris vs Toulouse, sweet move. Nice cheeky try by Pienaar too.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Oct 25 2008, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I tried SkySports but there was nothing up on there, excuse me for asking a legitimate question about rugby on a rugby forum. But thank you anyway.

Sounds like the Bulls could have done with Hougaard today. Guess he would have preferred to have been there too, he had a mare for Leicester.[/b]

No problem, i gave you the answer you were looking for. Morne Steyn is better than Hougaard anyway, who offerx little more than a solid kicking game. When he's bad he's Dan Parks bad.

What can I say? It feels awesome to be CC champions again! Terblanche got MOTM and fully deserved it.
Great team performance!

BTW what do you guys think of Jean Deysel? Juan Smith is very lucky to still have his Bok spot imo. Deysel is a monster with ball in hand, better than Spies, again imo.

Yea hes a beast, Smith's job is ball carrying, the same as Deysel. But Jan does it better, atleast at the moment, hes certainly worth a Bok place in the future.

Aight, sorry for the late input, but busybusy weekend.

Saw the entire game, the first half was rarther slow, the try for the Sharks was pretty need.
Second half was a bit better, it seemed both teams found more energy.

Nice game

Sorry if I am reviving a very old thread but I love this specific match. I watched it again yesterday and when Francois Steyn scored the Sharks' second try I was so delighted once again.

I hope we can do it again this year!

Latest posts