• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Dan Carter conversion

how can you say steyn is over-rated. You piece of ****. We saw that 1 flukey kick from carter. We have seen Steyn countless times drop kick from 55-60meters out and clearing it by along distance and also kicking pens and cons from 50 meters out. Get a reality check Steyn has produced the goods Carter is just a average kicker that gets all the glory because of one fluky kick.

Seriously now, Carter is far better than Steyn on current form; no contest really; kicking-wise and general-skills-wise... Give Steyn a few years though...

Oh, and while I'm at it:

Henson, McAlister, Giteau > Steyn.

That's my two <strike>cents</strike> pence...

Henson lol

Steyn will be nothing more than a washed up fudge packer in a few years.

Carter taking a ****>>>>>Steyn career.

Lol, irony.
World Cup Winners medal for Steyn = 1
World Cup Winners medal for Carter = 0

Steyn's 2 year career > Carter's 6 - 7 year (?) career.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Sep 21 2008, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Lol, irony.
World Cup Winners medal for Steyn = 1
World Cup Winners medal for Carter = 0

Steyn's 2 year career > Carter's 6 - 7 year (?) career.[/b]

True, then again there have been average players who have world cup medals under their belt. That doesnt mean that their career is better than Carters.

I know your getting salty about the Henson comments but hey at least we know what a world cup final will feels like. Too bad Wales will never be in one in our lifetime. Unless Australia, England, NZ and SA get wiped off the face of the earth then maybe, just maybe....

Is that so? Hold on while I smuggle some warheads from Russia...
Oh also, if you're going to diss Henson, make your comments constructive. The 'lol' comments are reserved for Wilkinson and England only. :D

My bad I guess the 'constructive comment' bugs forgot to bite my ass because this thread is swarming with them atm.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Sep 21 2008, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Seriously now, Carter is far better than Steyn on current form; no contest really; kicking-wise and general-skills-wise... Give Steyn a few years though...

Oh, and while I'm at it:

That's my two <strike>cents</strike> pence...[/b]

your a f***ing idiot. This is why the welsh cannot play rugby.

How can YOU SAY MCALISTER or Henson is better than giteau and steyn. Your and idiot just like the rest of the welsh. This is why you lose to south africa 30-0 most matches. You people make me sick you really do you have no knowledge if you think mcalister is better than steyn.

He nearly missed the 2 penalties against saracens you fool.

Aye, because why would a forum want detailed posts from users expressing their opinion when they can get posts such as 'lolwut', eh? :rolleyes:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Sep 21 2008, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Sep 21 2008, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, and while I'm at it:

How can YOU SAY MCALISTER or Henson is better than giteau and steyn. Your and idiot just like the rest of the welsh. This is why you lose to south africa 30-0 most matches. You people make me sick you really do you have no knowledge if you think mcalister is better than steyn.

[/b][/quote]

Henson on his best day is nowhere near as good as Steyn I agree with that. Its funny how NH Rugby fans jump ship once a SH plays up there. All of a sudden they rate the player when us southerners already knew how good they were.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Sep 21 2008, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Sep 21 2008, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, and while I'm at it:

[/b][/quote]
Why don't you marry crookedi? When it comes to blurting out bullshit you two are the Bonnie and Clyde of the forum.
Based on 2007 'til now, McAlister has been a better player than Steyn: NZ's best back during the WC (no 'lol, but he missed a 50 metre drop-goal' comments please), he's been Sale's best player (saying a lot) since he joined - was in the GP XV at the end of the season - and has a 100% kicking record after three games so far - most of his kicks being from 40 - 50 metres away. Then you have his strength when attacking the gainline; making him one of the most dangerous players in the League.
Then you have Henson: cack for two seasons and now back to his best for Wales; the reason we only conceded two tries in the 6N and the catalyst for making Wales perform. You saw how bad our midfield defence (and attack) was against SA during the Summer, didn't you? Take note of the lack of Henson.
Maybe if you pull your head out of Steyn's ass you'll stop insulting users for disagreeing with your opinion. From what I saw of him in the 3N, he has too many brain-farts at the moment and puts his team in danger more often than not... I agree he has a strong kick though.

"Henson on his best day is nowhere near as good as Steyn I agree with that. Its funny how NH Rugby fans jump ship once a SH plays up there. All of a sudden they rate the player when us southerners already knew how good they were."

*See the first sentence of my post. Replace 'crookedi' with steynboi*

lol your acting as if Henson would have had any impact against SA. He would caved under the pressure and curled up in the fetal position and be non existent throughout the whole game. I bet you next time Henson plays against SA or NZ he will transparent and his defence that would have dramtacially increased the midfield will come crashing down when Nonu owns him. I will bet you 10 rep points that Henson will SUCK the next time he faces the ABs. I cant believe you actually rate Henson above McAlister lmao.

Sorry but Steyn would of got the kicks that Mcalister got.

Stephen Brett is a good kicker as well.

My list goes like this

Steyn
Wilkinson
Carter
Giteau
Ellissade

Mcalister is extrem hyped. He is just an average player. He was better at football and should of stuck to manchester united. He should be a hair saloon dresser like ronaldo not a rugby player.

Mcalisters a pussy, he should go one on one with lomu or schalk burger or nonu and we will see how strong he is.

dont forget steyn gets kicks from 55m away and mcalister struggles to get 50 over easily like steyn does when he smacks it from 55m

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (crookedi @ Sep 21 2008, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I cant believe you actually rate Henson above McAlister lmao.[/b]
Don't put words in my mouth.
emotawesomexg7.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Sep 21 2008)</div>

My list goes like this

Steyn
Wilkinson
Carter
Giteau
Ellissade[/b]
Wilkinson? You instantly lost all credibility.
emotawesomexg7.gif

Also, given his inconsistency, I doubt Steyn would have landed those kicks. But whatever.

"Mcalisters a pussy, he should go one on one with lomu or schalk burger or nonu and we will see how strong he is."

I agree - the way he flattened Matt Stevens in a tackle really epitomises how bad a defender he is.

"dont forget steyn gets kicks from 55m away and mcalister struggles to get 50 over easily like steyn does when he smacks it from 55m"

When he gains some consistency, you may just have an argument there...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Sep 21 2008, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (crookedi @ Sep 21 2008, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I cant believe you actually rate Henson above McAlister lmao.[/b]
Don't put words in my mouth.
emotawesomexg7.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Sep 21 2008)</div>

My list goes like this

Steyn
Wilkinson
Carter
Giteau
Ellissade[/b]
Wilkinson? You instantly lost all credibility.
emotawesomexg7.gif

Also, given his inconsistency, I doubt Steyn would have landed those kicks. But whatever...
[/b][/quote]

Oh shut up the day i see a welsh actually have knowledge will be when they beat south africa which wont be for awhile.

Just shut up your making yourself look like a fool saying steyn is inconsistent. McAllister is crap. Even Andy Goode was a better kicker than he was lol.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (crookedi @ Sep 21 2008, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
lol your acting as if Henson would have had any impact against SA. He would caved under the pressure and curled up in the fetal position and be non existent throughout the whole game. I bet you next time Henson plays against SA or NZ he will transparent and his defence that would have dramtacially increased the midfield will come crashing down when Nonu owns him. I will bet you 10 rep points that Henson will SUCK the next time he faces the ABs. I cant believe you actually rate Henson above McAlister lmao.[/b]

To be fair on Speedy, he's said on numerous occasions how he rates McAllister and Jauzion above Henson. Also taking a quick look at your rep, you are obviously such a great poster who knows everything about everything. Cmon -6, how do you manage such a thing?

This thread started off ok untill you thought you'd have a dig at everyone else. If you stopped the stupid insults and said your oppinions in a decent way then there'd be no problems (no one would mind that you don't rate Steyn if you didn't go insulting someones mum while you were at it), same goes to Steynboi about his Henson comments. Grow up please!

Its true what i say. Look at steyn compared the henson. Henson is inconsistent. That is not opinion that is fact.

Get off it Sir Speedy you've been gargling Hensons nut sack forever. You obviously rate him higher than McAlister who youve only jumped ship when he went up north. All of a sudden you love McAlister lolwut.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Sep 21 2008, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Its true what i say. Look at steyn compared the henson. Henson is inconsistent. That is not opinion that is fact.[/b]
Listen, I'm done with this whole 'MY PLAYER IS BETTER THAN URS' argument.
Henson, Carter, McAlister and Steyn are all class. Carter is definitely the best overall, while we still haven't seen the best from the other three. Can we just leave it at that? Oh, and I won't disagree about Henson - though with Wales this year he was awesome, no question about that.

Obviously no point arguing against someone who knows the lot! Steyn is the best player the world has ever seen, Gareth Edwards, Carter, McCaw who................................, don't you know he can kick 60m drop goals, so can my mate, don't make him the best!

Edit: Oh f*** it, I'll leave Getofmeland etc. shut this thread down, it's just rediculous.

Latest posts