• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Dan Carter conversion

Huh amazing amazing amazing and smart

Good Boy! Keep walkin' Son!

dan_carter.jpg

Aight, my 2 ents.

that kick by Carter is awesome, it's amazing who that ball curves :bravo:

Now the rest of the topic; Imo it's very harsh to say that some of the above kickers suck.

Carter is in my opinion one of the best kickers there are in the world.

The other ones mentioned are also quiet good, but don't forget there are also human and they can have an off-day by missing the easiest kicks and on the other hand make some of the finets points ( see vid) that you ever saw.

The discussion about who is the best has nothing to do with the original topic started here, and by insulting fellow board members you will not achieve anything.

The discussion about Steyn and Carter, Steyn is a very talented player with huge potential but due to the fact that Carter has 4 or 5 years more of experience, he can add that little bit extra.

where for the Boks, Percy sometimes is still preferred as a kicker ( also for his experience)

Hey amobokobokoboko how are you

Well I agree amobokobokoboko in that Dan Carter is one of the bests

I would also put Montgomery and Wilkinson in this list of best kickers

Hey lekso, I 'm all gud, how are you bro?

Nice to see posting overhere as well.

I would lke to add: Steyn, Patterson, McCalister

Also being good bro

I also like Clermont's James he is also NZ as I know

Contepomi also does well

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Sep 22 2008, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I also like Clermont's James he is also NZ as I know[/b]
I think James is Australian actually... Sorry for pointing out something small like that... :p

+ reps for both amobokobokoboko and LeksoRugby for turning this thread into what it was meant for. They also managed to give their oppinions on the kickers they rate without insulting anyone :eek: .

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Sep 22 2008, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
+ reps for both amobokobokoboko and LeksoRugby for turning this thread into what it was meant for. They also managed to give their oppinions on the kickers they rate without insulting anyone :eek: .[/b]

thnx for the kind words mate, and I would like to apologize for the typing mistakes, it was a long day at work yesterday :D

Id just like to apoligize with all the **** i talked back through this thread i was in ****** of moods the other day with maybe getting expel from school and crap like that so i sorry bout that. its just all opinions.

Fair play Steynboi, glad to hear it was a one off due to some shitty circumstances. You can have your rep point back for that apology. :bravo:

The kick from Daniel Carter was amazing, reminded me of Hazem El Masris kick a while back.

On the topic, in my opinion, (These are opinions not facts...) there are some brilliant flyhalfs in the world.

Dan Carter is the best but though I hate his style of play and his kicking I thought Wilkinson had the best defense and he put on the biggest hits I've seen from a no.10

Well Mcallister stayed loyal to the All Black's didnt he.... only 24 and moved to Europe already.

Giteua is the worse kicker in the world and the bledsiloe cup game showed that, didnt get his kicks out of the foul and his conversion kicking is average, something the Wallabies is lacking.

340x.jpg

I'm sorry guys for being an ehk I just got expelled from school and *looks at steynboi post* Aw dammit never mind...

Awesome kick that by Carter. As for the rest of the thread.

Steyn has a lot of distance but his goal kicking in general is average, he miss a lot of easy kicks, you sometimes get the idea he's better with the long range ones.
Carter is a great kicker who also has a lot of distance, I remember that one game where he kicked a 61m penalty it was sick. That said Carter sometimes have a bad day, last year he was absolutely shocking with his goal kicking percentage ranging in the high sixties. Also pathetic with drop goals, they get charged down most of the times.
Jonny Wilkinson is a great goal kicker. Can put them over from about 50m out. Kicked really badly in the world cup, but kicked all 14 out of 14 in this year's Guinness Premiership matches he played. Was disappointed with his kicking distance out of hand in the world cup, but he did have an injury but it didn't really improve in the Premiership.
Matt Giteau doesn't have a lot of distance he can probably on a good day get one from 45m out but generally suffers with longer range kicks. His goal kicking overall ranges from good to really bad and he's very inconsistent.
Stephen Brett doesn't have distance and he's generally just bad at goal kicking.
Henson has a pretty big boot on him as well, but he can also be very inconsistent with his goal kicking.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Sep 22 2008, 01:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My list goes like this

Steyn
Wilkinson
Carter
Giteau
Ellissade[/b]
wow your very bias with your opinions Carter is currently the best Flyhalf in the world, his kicking is always on the money. Steyn is only good with distance, hes not very accurate in close.

I would go:
Carter
--------
gap
--------
Giteau (under rated as a goal kicker)
Steyn

Those are my top 3

To be called the best, you have to have the "complete package". That's true for anything, not just Rugby or even sports for that matter. Dan Carter is the real deal.

He has speed, great defence, his kicking game in general play is fantastic, his goal kicking is phenomenal, he has amazing vision to see all the best options, he has a great passing game and can cut the opposition to pieces with ball in hand. When you add all that to playing the most demanding position in the game, his young age and him most likely not being near his peak yet, you get labeled as one of the best.

He is truly the complete package. He doesn't have any glaring weaknesses. A big part of him going from "a very good player" to "one of the best" was his taking of the "crown" as the best First Five/Fly Half in the world from Johnny Wilkinson. When the Lions toured NZ, Dan Carter had a couple of phenomenal games and made the entire opposition look bad as he out-classed them repeatedly.

Latest posts