• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

December 1

C

coughas

I know we all hate speculation but checking a few sites this morning, the ones i have looked at now say 1/12/2005. Mostly aussie sites but they used to say December 2 so maybe they have a confirmed date of the 1st.

God i hope so.

I'd say mid December is more likely. We would've heard something if it was 1 December.

yeah i agree with jj
<

French websites still list it for the 8th of December.

French version of Ubisoft's website now says "December 2005" (the US/UK versions don't mention RC2006 at all).

I'd say the game will come out in december, at least in France
<

Well the site I ordered it from says the 1st of Dec. and is usually a pretty reliable site Gameswarehouse.com.au

We really need to hear an official word very soon if we are going to get it this year at all.

It's almost december, and we have heard nothing. It won't be out on the first, and if we don't hear anything within the next couple of days, I doubt it will be out by mid-december.

Originally posted by Darhf@Nov 28 2005, 11:39 AM
French websites still list it for the 8th of December.

French version of Ubisoft's website now says "December 2005" (the US/UK versions don't mention RC2006 at all).

I'd say the game will come out in december, at least in France
<
Thats quite promising and i'd have to say is probably one of the better signs that this game will be out this year!

It is not looking to good guys as when they announce a release date it is normally about 3-4 weeks at least from that date, so if it is not announced soon I reckon we can forget this year
<

According to Amazon (since last Friday), stocks will be shipping within 1-2 weeks. They no-longer have the pre-purchase option available. You buy it from them and they claim it will ship soon. This is different from last time when the so-called release date was exceeded since last time they just amended the release date. Don't know how much to read into this but it surely can't be a bad sign...

Amazon is highly recommended in this house-hold and I sure hope they have it in stock pretty soon, if not ANY shop/website.

i aprreciate that trev cant tell us 100 percent the date, but can we have some sort of rough date like, december, jan, feb, march.

like march 26th

Trev has previously said release with either be Mid December or Fenruary. Apparently Ubisoft were indecided as to when to release the game - the best guide is probably ubisoft.fr and it lists december. Keep your hope up!
<

If the game's as good as Locks and the others say then it'll be worth the wait.
<

* Praying *

please be December, please be December, please be December

It would be a shame if it was out in febuary! i dont think i could last the wait
<

I do not know for certain, but I now think the game will be held back until Feb 2006 and released to coincide with the 6N.

I am basing this on the fact that retail hates taking games during the last 2 weeks of December. They set up their Christmas display and stock and then resist taking new products. Only big ***les like Harry Potter get shipped close to Christmas.

January is a nightmare month to release games as this is when retailers try and shift all of the crap they've been landed with during the previous year and Christmas period. They discount stuff down and again are resistive to taking new ***les.

I may be wrong, but I do think it will be early Feb 06.
<

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Nov 29 2005, 05:59 AM
I do not know for certain, but I now think the game will be held back until Feb 2006 and released to coincide with the 6N.

I am basing this on the fact that retail hates taking games during the last 2 weeks of December. They set up their Christmas display and stock and then resist taking new products. Only big ***les like Harry Potter get shipped close to Christmas.

January is a nightmare month to release games as this is when retailers try and shift all of the crap they've been landed with during the previous year and Christmas period. They discount stuff down and again are resistive to taking new ***les.

I may be wrong, but I do think it will be early Feb 06.
<
What a massive disappointment! The only time I've ever wanted Trev to be wrong about something...

Thanks Trev,

I dont think I will buy this game now, with the PS3 out and all, I will want the new games for that. I think a big opportunity has been wasted.

well bummer to that then ... this just feels wrong, a really big let down

1. Its gonna be in direct competiton with EA's game = probably less sales and therefore less chance of Hip/Ubi/Sordfish changing their mind and developing another sequel
2. Its probably gonna sit in a static state until the release date; no updates/tweaks possible add-ons that might have happened if this was the original planned schedule
3. I can't wait that long; might have to get R2005 again just to have a game
4. no. 3 again

...Say it ain't so Trev, please - would a petition help???

Latest posts