• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

December 8th According To Gameplanet.co.nz

was only a suggestion and I think you did ask about the game being on x-box a few times on various forums i could be wrong though.

Mario was proabbly being funny and I think sort of implying that since Los Lover cancelled his pre-order then you might as well do the same

wow this thread went to **** fast

obviously i don't think its the actual set in stone date, i'll wait until it's official,
I was merely posting what I saw.

Thats why i said make of this what you will, sheesh

Originally posted by esoj@Oct 28 2005, 11:56 PM
was only a suggestion and I think you did ask about the game being on x-box a few times on various forums i could be wrong though.

Mario was proabbly being funny and I think sort of implying that since Los Lover cancelled his pre-order then you might as well do the same
Yes I asked about xbox maybe twice and another but i was only joking about that one.
Na i think he took it the wrong way.

well like I said in another post we will never know now since mario has left and proabbly won't return.

Latest word on the street............

*Game is definitely finished (SIDHE have alluded to this when they have said "release is out of their hands").

*Sony Europe/HES have delayed release. For reasons unknown, but probably more to do with catching the Christmas buying period, number of "high profile" Sony releases around this current timeframe, and the large numbers of guaranteed pre orders (unlike some of their other recent releases) which exceed RL1 by some way.

Note: People who have continued to abuse SIDHE should take a good look at themselves as this extended delay is not their fault, and even more frustrating for them then Joe public......

*The date of December the 8th seems to be odds on favourite now.

*The least number of preorders at any EB store in Auckland is around 250 copies, whilst one EB in Aussie has well over 4000 copies pre ordered. The delay is apparently having "minimal" effects on these pre orders, with very few being cancelled.

we know of one being cancelled
<
guy at gamesman told me end of the month (so dec 8 looks close) when i went in and bought my copy of civ4 i just hope that can entertain me until this comes out

Originally posted by esoj@Nov 5 2005, 04:06 PM
2005 hence the classic matches comment
I figured that, but it just seems overwhelmingly stupid to release a game in the last month of 2005 with the 2005 roster.

well yes but this will alway happen with league. Sidhe cannot have updated roosters due to when their release window is september onwards. The rosters for 2006 aren't confirmed and Sidhe need a lot of time to put all the rosters in before release nears. As to why sidhe/hes choose the septenber - december release window is anyboy's guess but then can have the roster of the season just gone close to 100% right and also they can take advantage of christmad sales which they may not be able to do if they released earlier in the year. Maybe once sidhe become bigger they can release at different times in the season and rely on the game selling on the sidhe name instead of "its a league game must buyt it" approach.

Originally posted by esoj@Nov 7 2005, 08:14 AM
well yes but this will alway happen with league. Sidhe cannot have updated roosters due to when their release window is september onwards. The rosters for 2006 aren't confirmed and Sidhe need a lot of time to put all the rosters in before release nears. As to why sidhe/hes choose the septenber - december release window is anyboy's guess.
From what I understand they planned to release it around State of Origin time, but encountered problems and had to push it back further and further...

that would have meant a june/july release I don't think that was ever planned. they annoucned september as the estimated release and had a problem sometime in august or early september causing a delay and now its delayed due to third parties and not sidhe. I am pretty sure Sidhe have said on numerous occasiosn that they can't release during the season.

Well if HES and 3rd parties have the final say - Why was September ever announced by Sidhe when in fact, it goes out of their hands in the process.

why did they ever say any window....when at the moment, they wont say anything anymore

They claim they cant say things....but they said september

They presume a window, coz we wanna get a ballpark date....
Then when they cant meet that its mouths closed, until furthur notice

Where's our new window, as per September??

They got stiffed by the 3rd parties which resulted in crusifiction by the public (including myself) and will never expose themselves to that again...thats my take.

Any furthur releases: No Window will be set, unless Sidhe form their own distribution wing, and have the controls in place to accurately make presumptions.

Whilst HES are in the game.........I wont be expecting them to expose themselves to this again......I expect, coming soon, and when it goes gold, thats when they will announce a shelving date.

hard to say ak mate but I am assuming the game was progressing well enough to ship in september but something major happened late in development foricing Sidhe to make changes to the game. and now that they have made the changes its in the third parties hands for when it gets released. I will agree with you though that Sidhe will try and get a better deal so that their reputation isn't damaged like it is now. They may also possibly re think there information to public policy and maybe cut back on their presence in the forums so that they only give out screenshots or quash rumours but not answer any questions.

Originally posted by ak47@Nov 7 2005, 11:46 AM
Well if HES and 3rd parties have the final say - Why was September ever announced by Sidhe when in fact, it goes out of their hands in the process.

why did they ever say any window....when at the moment, they wont say anything anymore

They claim they cant say things....but they said september

They presume a window, coz we wanna get a ballpark date....
Then when they cant meet that its mouths closed, until furthur notice

Where's our new window, as per September??

They got stiffed by the 3rd parties which resulted in crusifiction by the public (including myself) and will never expose themselves to that again...thats my take.

Any furthur releases: No Window will be set, unless Sidhe form their own distribution wing, and have the controls in place to accurately make presumptions.

Whilst HES are in the game.........I wont be expecting them to expose themselves to this again......I expect, coming soon, and when it goes gold, thats when they will announce a shelving date.
Thats pretty much it...........

Sidhe made some "cosmetic" changes to fix some things they wern't that happy about...........this alone may have delayed the game till late October.

Head honcos at HES/Sony decided that release period wasn't suitable to their needs (instead opting to do more advertising in England, after being abused for lack of promotion there last time), so the game has been delayed till December for no other reason other then it doesn't suit those third parties to get it on the shelves.........

Checking the SIDHE forums you can see from some comments by the SIDHE staff that they too are a little fed up with the situation. As far as they are concerned the game is finished and ready to be shipped, and they want to see how well their hard work is received by the general public.

HES/Sony/trublu will wait till Christmas period to realease the game, like they did with RL1 for greater exposure.

Hang in there guys are release date is coming
expect a release date around about the 15th of november or before.
They had issues with the online play and other things that i'm not willing to say.
from news i have, the game will come out around 8-10 december.

Originally posted by doovepop@Nov 7 2005, 01:08 PM
They had issues with the online play and other things that i'm not willing to say.
from inside news i have, the game will come out around 8-10 december.
Shame it couldn't be out this month...

Originally posted by doovepop@Nov 7 2005, 01:08 PM
from news i have, the game will come out around 8-10 december.
The introduction of "online" play for this 2nd version of rugby league still rankles me a bit.......if the main reason for original delay was due to problems with it then that is even more disappointing.

Yes, it was the most popular request for this version, but SIDHE should have bitten the bullet and concentrated on improving core gameplay mechanics, rather then spend valuable development time/resources/money on introducing on line play.

For instance, though Franchise mode looks great, imagine how superb it could have been (super league and NRL seasons running concurrently for instance??)with even more time spent on creating it.........(maybe they could have spent more time fixing that funny long pass animation they still have....)

Other long running sports game franchises have only recently added online play after many years, and versions.

Online play would have been ideal for "rugby league 3", if they had got most gameplay things right in this version.

that is speculation though we have no idea why it got delayed. all we know is that there must have been some kind of problem with the game and more recently it is out of Sidhes hand.

a franchise like league maybe not be able to wait until the 4th or 5th version to include online play as league is not as popular is soccer or other sports games. sales for league will be incredily small to the likes fifa and pes in there early days and therfore the need to include online play earlier to improve sales and satisfy the fans.

the new gameplay features and franchise mode may not have been enough to justify a third game game and therefore imo online play was included to guarnteee a third game. sure pre orders are up this time but a lot of those maybe done to online play. Hopefully the game does com out early december and that the gameplay is good.

Latest posts