• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

December 8th According To Gameplanet.co.nz

Originally posted by esoj@Nov 8 2005, 09:17 AM
that is speculation though we have no idea why it got delayed. all we know is that there must have been some kind of problem with the game and more recently it is out of Sidhes hand.

a franchise like league maybe not be able to wait until the 4th or 5th version to include online play as league is not as popular is soccer or other sports games. sales for league will be incredily small to the likes fifa and pes in there early days and therfore the need to include online play earlier to improve sales and satisfy the fans.

the new gameplay features and franchise mode may not have been enough to justify a third game game and therefore imo online play was included to guarnteee a third game. sure pre orders are up this time but a lot of those maybe done to online play. Hopefully the game does com out early december and that the gameplay is good.
Some good points there.......

....I do wonder though what the selling point of rugby league 3 will be then??

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Nov 8 2005, 09:25 AM
I wonder if there will even be a Rugby League 3?
Based on the massive amount of pre orders, I'd imagine it must be highly likely........

I agree wih NZL fan that the heavy focus on online is annoying. I think they should wait till they have a solid version of the game before they make it online, I think their time could have been better spent fixing some of the obvious remaining problems.

The selling point of RL3 will be that its next gen, In 18 months, to 2 years from now they might as well forget PS2 an xbox, the next gen consoles will be where its at. I also think that they will aim for a good insant replay system, a longer and more in deapth franchise mode.

I was having a read over at the RL2 forums and it does seem that the sidhe guys are over it, sick of answering about RL2. Just about evey thread is a spam fest, and full of whinging. I cant believe Mario qiut this forum and said it was no good, when the RL2 forum is 10 times worse.

that is speculation though we have no idea why it got delayed. all we know is that there must have been some kind of problem with the game and more recently it is out of Sidhes hand.

a franchise like league maybe not be able to wait until the 4th or 5th version to include online play as league is not as popular is soccer or other sports games. sales for league will be incredily small to the likes fifa and pes in there early days and therfore the need to include online play earlier to improve sales and satisfy the fans.
Sales will be insignificant compared to the likes of FIFA, but sidhe will certainly have a hold on a niche market that will always buy their product simply due to their fandom and the lack of any competition... then of course there is the likelyhood of dissatisfied/impressed union fans buying the game because of the gameplay similarities and the general quality of the game. So I think there will always be plenty of people buying RL games if Sidhe continue to make them, and if they decide to expand and distribute copies of the game to non RL area's such as the US (though it would be advisable for them to include an extensive training mode if they do), then you'll get a large number of people buying out of curiosity aswell as people mixing it up with Union
<

Trust me, if Sidhe do it right, the RL series will be around for a long time!

I too cannot understand the introduction of online play

sure online is in huge demand.....but the foundations arent 100% right.

The core gameplay needs many tweaks before its nigh on perfect (ala PES), and I am 95% sure, in RL2 the gameplay wont be very much different from RL1 based on reports of the pre-plays at armageddon etc

The reviews of magazines dont encourage me at all.........they gave RL1 good marks and that was far from good (the non patched version)

if u cant watch a full replay, cant get progressive dirt on jerseys, or see any dodgy glitches, then whats the point of online, when these need to be addressed

Not too mention the online wont succeed unless its fun, fair and glitch free, which is yet to be determined..............come on now, RL1 had the conversion over the black dot glitch and it still got released...........

PES never had online (on consoles) till recently when the gameplay was generally agreed by the public that is was atleast 90% perfect

I dont care what was requested the most..............if people address what was requested the most they are just chasing the dollar, and arent addressing what is really needed, which is core gameplay elements.

GT4 was delayed over a year due to online crap, and in the end never made online, so we got what we could have had a year ago!

Online seems to cause more problems than what its worth...causes delays, and yet isnt addressing what we want....atleast 90% perfect gameplay!!!

You'll notice an online success are games that have massively high gameplay scores.....near perfect, thus very addictive, fair and fun, when playing the global world.

If its not fair, and fun.........nobody will waste their monthly online bill on a game when u have PES, Halo, FIFA, and other online killers that have zero gripes and frustrations.

to add......

.......won't Sidhe have to go through the whole process again to add online play to the new generation consoles rugby league game (if there is to be one)??

the new gameplay features and franchise mode may not have been enough to justify a third game game and therefore imo online play was included to guarnteee a third game. sure pre orders are up this time but a lot of those maybe done to online play. Hopefully the game does com out early december and that the gameplay is good.
hmm who say's it's speculation?
I got the release date right.

Yeah they will have to redo online for next gen, but due to all the graphical leaps and the space to iclude way more animation and whatnot sidhe will not do online for there first next gen league game, they will spend the time on getting to look as good as possble, and animate as real as possible. Then they can use online to sell their second iteration on next gen.

Originally posted by doovepop+Nov 8 2005, 12:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (doovepop @ Nov 8 2005, 12:55 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Nov 8 2005, 09:17 AM

I got the release date right. [/b]
if you understood my post as others did you would have noticed I was meaning the reason for the delay not the release date. unless you know somebody that is part of the dev team you will have no idea why it was delayed. it may have been online play it may have been something else. gameplanet nz are usally pretty good with release dates as they have good relationships with most of the distributors.

Originally posted by esoj+Nov 8 2005, 01:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (esoj @ Nov 8 2005, 01:37 PM)</div>
Originally posted by doovepop@Nov 8 2005, 12:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Nov 8 2005, 09:17 AM

I got the release date right.
if you understood my post as others did you would have noticed I was meaning the reason for the delay not the release date. unless you know somebody that is part of the dev team you will have no idea why it was delayed. it may have been online play it may have been something else. gameplanet nz are usally pretty good with release dates as they have good relationships with most of the distributors. [/b]
yes I meant the reason for the delay.

Who cares guys!! The point is that the game IS coming out on the 8th of December!!! And I'm just about to finish Uni for the year
<
<
<

Gamesman has updated the PS2 release date to the 8th but the PC version is the 15/11, haha, idiots.

I might have to take that back, on further reading they say the the ps2 version has gone gold, nothing about pc. Wont they be releasing both verions at the same time?

Latest posts