• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Does anyone else here play cricket

Well we`ve also started with a couple of pre-season warmup matches. Unfortunately or fortunately, I`ll only be able to join up with my teammates in 3 weeks time, as there`s still some unfinished business in what`s left of our rugby season. So at a slight disadvantage to try and move up the order, but I`ll get there somehow. More than 20 years of batting 9,10 or jack is about to end, even if I`ll have to give up the new ball to do it.

1st game of the season was a 36 over per side, 1 day game

i wasn't required to bat

bowled 6 overs, 1 maiden, 1 wicket for 9

1 catch (off my own bowling)

I am a right arm medium fast bowler and a right handed lower order batsman. My best season was in 2005, cut short by a fracture to my right wrist. My worst season was the one that has just finished! I left my club after a disagreement.

I'm a genuine legend,bat at 4 and open the bowling. Thats about it though, don't ask me to field i'm far too lazy although i did take the single greatest catch ever the other day, actually it's 2nd behind another catch i did. What a coincidence that the best catches ever are both by me.

had my first dig on saturday, came in at 3 and knocked up 37. i need to work on my concentration at the crease

Had 1 game so far, bowled first.

Bowled first change, had 10 on the trot (one dayers) got none for 31. Pitch real wet and slippery, so pretty happy with that effort. Got 3 catches in field, one at gully, slip and short fine leg.

Batted at 5 (normally an 8 or 9) got to 11 comfortably, but then a throw from boundary went astray, right into my bloody wrist! Was out next over driving, no power due to wrist throbbing like hell, caught at cover. We lost by 30 odd runs, not bad for our first game though against defending champs.

Stopped playing 3 years ago cos it I got lazy and couldn't be sodded spending a whole Saturday standing in a field. I batted at 5 and wasn't too bad (when I took it seriously). Also bowled keg break wrong'uns. That is, I tried to bowl leg spin but it always came out as a wrong'un.

I play social 20/20 cricket these days which is basically a big in game **** up between the two teams, it really is awesome.

Yeah, I keep and open the batting :D
shame the seasons over, but indoor nets for our side!

I play but my team is really bad, the openers are stupidly slow. I have batted once in two seasons and it was on the last ball of the match, we need 9 and i got stumped :(

Started 2 weeks ago, lost our first game by four runs due to rustiness having a bad batting order and won comfortably this past weekend having sorted out our issue with the order. Things are shaping up nicely with good depth in our bowling and batting.

I'm mainly a bowler who can bat a bit. Bit of a mixed bag from me so far with 1 for 20 off 7 overs in a reasonably tidy effort first up then had a shocker this past weekend being tonked for 30 off 5 overs by a couple of slappers with only 1 wicket to show for, no excuses on my part as I deserved it, I fell into my old trap of trying to bowl yorkers too often and getting picked off. This will be rectified for this week.

As a team this should be a good year, fingers crossed.

I can honestly say I gave cricket a try, but after being 12th man for 2 seasons I gave it up. The only reason I was in the team was because I accidently bowled the coach a killer yorker, middle stump GONE. The most I've scored in a match was 4 leg-bys though! Oh wait.. those count as extras :blink:

Hiya guys..I'm originally from Sri Lanka so cricket's literally in my blood

I'm a left arm fast paced bowler and a right handed openin batsman...but its mostly reacreational cricket that I play
(cept I played for my school back in SL and briefly for my college here in Singapore...before Rugby was open for selections :D )

Had my 1st net since the end of rugby season. Struggling horribly with rhythm right now, it`s just not coming out right. But on the positive side, had about 30 mins. of extra throw-downs in the nets with the coach. Might yet sneak up in the order over the course of the season...

Anyway, playing on Saturday against a fairly decent Greenbushes side in PE. Looks like I`ll be bowling 1st change for now, have to get my rhythm back before taking the red cherry, and provisionally pencilled in at 10. Still, we`ll see how it goes.

Well the 1st game went pretty alright. Bowled 1st, dismissed the Bushes for 180-odd. Bowled 1st change, coming in with the slight 100km/h galeforce wind at my back, and struggled like hell. 1st spell of 3 overs was an assortment of wides, no balls, long hops, full tosses, half volleys and Cornish pies. Went for 29, and actually got 2 wickets- one a long hop, that got middled right down deep backward square`s throat. The other, an accidental slower ball that got slapped straight to cover. You know the accidental slower ball- when half of `em are coming out like shite, and then one comes out 15km/h slower, because you`re falling away in delivery stride. Ouch.

Second spell went better, finished with 3/44 off 7, still plenty of work to do on getting the rhythm back. And didn`t get to bat, we got the runs with only 5 down.

time to dig up an old thread...

as the regular season comes to an end i realise i had a bad season as far as statistics go, my highest score remained at 37. i couldn't better it and managed to make 2 ducks during the season.

my bowling improved but i didn't manage to take more than 2 wickets in an innings.

i do however have the semi final to play this week and if we win, i'll get to play in the grand final for my grade.

hopefully i can beat my own top score and take a bag of wickets in both games, and a premiership medallion if i'm lucky. who knows.

My preseason has started about 2 weeks. Bowling pretty well for someone who doesn't bowl. Batting is getting ther - I was wayward at the start. Gettin my new bat tomorrow or Thursday so hopefully the batmakers have done their job and scores me a ton or 3.

took 3/29 off 12 and made a scratch 25 with the bat in a semi final this weekend

3 of our 4 XI's are in their grades respective grand final over the next 2 weekends. stay tuned

Used to play years ago but had to leave through injuries. Miss it badly now and will probably play for a pub team or something later on

half way through the grand final

we bowled them out for 120, i took 2/29

we are currently sitting on 6/399, i made 18

2 days of play remaining which will resume next weekend.

i'm hoping we can wrap it up on saturday with spin from both ends as there is a bit of turn in the wicket

Latest posts