• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA Cricket 2005 & BLC Movies

I've just watched the EA movie. I don't know much about cricket games but it certainly looks rather good.

EDIT: Just watched RPIC. While EA looks better visually, I just had the feeling that Ricky Ponting might be more fun to play. It seems faster paced.

BLIC definitely looks more fun.

EAs effort just seems the same as last year with better graphics.
I was dissappointed there were no animated ducks.

BLIC. A lot faster than EAs. Maybe it was because I watched the EA vid first, which, as always, was very slow, but BLIC seemed a little too fast. Maybe it was the video. The animated duck was definitely too fast. You can't possibly fully appreciate a duck if you don't have enough time to focus on it.

Cheers Locksley. You champion.

All righty!

EA Cricket
First thing I notice is the commentary. Makes me want to spew my cold KFC chicken (edit although this has since probably warmed up to a nice 38 degrees inside my stomach) all over my keyboard. Sounds like a version rehashed version of Cricket 02/04. Secondly, graphics look decent. Thirdly and most importantly, looks like gameplay is much the same (edit: as previous efforts). The shots that they play look disappointing too, more of the same. I will buy, but it will probably find itself on TradeMe fairly quickly.

BLIC
Looks entertaining. Will be good just for a fresh cricket game. Yarr!

Oh, and thanks locksley.

Thanks Locks!!

Have to agree with the majority here............

.....BLC looks more fun (though how the hell can you really tell if a run is on or not with the camera changing to a fielders perspective so bloody quick??), but players looks are fairly generic, and the batsman tends to make sudden/jolting movements when playing a shot. Overall looks a little too quick EDIT:speed is good, it's just the EA sports games "snail pace" that had me thinking otherwise at first.

.......cricket 2005 is superior in the looks department, but gameplay appears to be almost identical to cricket 2004!!! (ie. crap). Sounds like they have hardly added more commentary either (has sounded that way since cricket 2002). Hardly any crowd noise to get excited about either.....

Both commentarys are pretty average, BLC with its "that took an age to come down" (or something similar) when it was a straight forward caught behind??

A couple of other things I noticed about Ea sports effort........

* Cut scenes are ********. In one Haden is taking strike as a right handed batsman, and then when gameplay commences he is back as a left hand batsman?? (a bit like in rugby 2005 when cut scenes would show players on the ground who were not on the ground in the play leading up to the cutscene)

* Whats with that wide?? Is it just me or was that no where near a wide ball??

BLC for me then............

haven't seen the vid yet just getting them now but by the sounds of it ea have stuffed up/ no done anything new and blic as execpted has the superieor gameplay. Once again thanks locksley you must be up to God status by now

Cheers Locksley. Maximum respect due.
and you're right, you really do suck at cricket games!
<

well i have now seen the vids and agree with what has been said ea defintely has the edge in looks but the gameplay seems to be wrong. BLIC may not be pretty but it feels like your playing cricket compared to ea. What would be really good would be a demo to compare the 2 before release

I saw this and thought "ooh. I might get a cricket game"

They both look **** in those videos. Are they actually going to be worth getting?

Originally posted by woodie@Jun 10 2005, 10:53 PM

They both look **** in those videos. Are they actually going to be worth getting?
I'd wait for post-release reviews tbh.
Out of interest, any idea how many downloads there have been on the two files today locksley. You seem to have scored pretty big with us cricket gamers...
<

Originally posted by woodie@Jun 11 2005, 10:53 AM

Yeah well considering no one has played them a part from Locksley who doesn't like cricket I don't think anyone will be able to answer that question just yet.

Originally posted by Wally+Jun 11 2005, 02:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Jun 11 2005, 02:18 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-woodie
@Jun 11 2005, 10:53 AM

Yeah well considering no one has played them a part from Locksley who doesn't like cricket I don't think anyone will be able to answer that question just yet. [/b]
I disagree...

If Super International Cricket on the snes is the blueprint for all cricket gameplay...amd it most certainly bloody well is... then BLIC looks the goods and then some....

You can't control all the fielding - tad annoying - but throw bar is good addition....but come on guys!!!! That EA cricket looked so **** - it would take you five hours to play a f***ing twenty twenty game FFS!! It was so ponderous and lacklustre I couldn't believe it.....sure the graphics are pretty to look at for about thirty seconds - but that means NOTHING.

Good things from videos that are not debatable:

- BLIC was much faster - and went with run up and last second changes to bowling (if user controlled or hard maybe) - this is like snes game but looks even better obviously....the ball was fielded and whammo! you're bowling again - GOLD!!!
- Seemed like more variations and variables were occurring even in that short clip.
- Batsmen cursing himself and swinging bat at ground nice touch

bad things:
- who the f*** were those names for NZ - is that a practical joke? I will have to change all players names etc - worth it - EA 2005 looked utter ********.

problems:
- in both clips the batsmen were so consistently poor that we could get no grasp of sixes and fours etc....oh well.

Solid info though Locks - now we all know only to do a one-ff hire night or two of EA cricket 2005 AND NOT BUY. yOU HAVE SAVED US ALL MONEY. Thanks.
Cricket 2002 still easily the best of the EA gameplay - especially with batting. But EA still sucks monkey balls.

I just watched them both, i like to say i am more interested in the EA one, i have no idea probably cause they have got all the proper players. I will probably still get the BLC one as well, and hopefully i can change player names etc as it looks like a decent game as well. just a little akward.

the ea game seamed a bit slow, but cricket isn't a fast game, and i am sure you can skip most of those cut scenes as well like you could in 2k4. I still play 2k4 from time to time, as i like playing in the county series. i would rather play ICC but i could never get that to go on my pc no matter when i upgraded. it would always die after one season.

which one of these had a career mode? or am i thinking of something else?

By buying this "rehashed" EA sports c..p we would be only saying that it's alright to sell to the public a game that hasn't changed gameplay wise in THREE successive releases..............

The only diference between this one and cricket 2004 is the graphics, thanks to the Fifa engine.

*Field settings remain the same.
*Commentary remains the same old tosh (ie. extremely BORING").
*Play is still laboured and slow. Fast bowlers look like they are throwing down a party balloon rather then a hard ball.
*Computer AI is still poor. Field changes it seems each successive ball - the slip disappears after one delivery with the new ball??
*Ball physics is still wrong. Very first ball a yorker that hits the pads flies way over the keepers head??
*Animations are still rubbish. Look at the shot of the ball being played to the bowler on his follow through, and check out the positioning of the fielder running through to the bowlers stumps.........he ends up facing towards long off/on?? Same old running between the wicket animations where the batsman run about 10mtrs past the wicket and stop to look at the boundary.........
*same old fielding system from years gone by.
*Havn't bothered to change even the small things. For instance white balls, white sight screens.......
*Same old game start sequence......but with improved graphics.

I wouldn't expect them to have included caught by the wicket keeper either, and more knicks behind in one dayers, or fix the running button that sometimes didn't function at all..................do us a favour DO NOT PURCHASE THIS GAME!!

quiet frankly if u buy EA again ur just losing ur hard earned

after watching those vids

BLIC is a break thru for cricket games

a. sick zoom in camera for bowlers run up - just like real life
b. sick fielding bar for good throw
c. sick replay of bowled
d. sick commentary from tony greig
e. sick replay of caught and bowled
f. sick real life bats.........did slazenger get on board coz i saw a "V series"

overall

a new beast has arrived and i am excited as ever

move over EA...............step up to the crease BLIC.........

BLICS all the way

p.s THE SPEED OF BLICS IS SPOT ON

Originally posted by ak47@Jun 14 2005, 02:56 PM
quiet frankly if u buy EA again ur just losing ur hard earned

after watching those vids

BLIC is a break thru for cricket games

a. sick zoom in camera for bowlers run up - just like real life
b. sick fielding bar for good throw
c. sick replay of bowled
d. sick commentary from tony greig
e. sick replay of caught and bowled
f. sick real life bats.........did slazenger get on board coz i saw a "V series"

overall

a new beast has arrived and i am excited as ever

move over EA...............step up to the crease BLIC.........

BLICS all the way

p.s THE SPEED OF BLICS IS SPOT ON
damn right :)

son't get too carried away though -

should have had:

official 20/20s, maual appeals, complete control of fielding up to throw etc and dive button etc......still not complete - but yes, that speed is just right.

all that "but cricket is slow"!!! hahahahahahha!! f***ing hell dude!! It's not a real game - gameplay and cutscenes are repetitive - you can't skip them - the player in the vids WAS SKIP{PING them - they just take that long to change - utter bollcoks - EA CRicket 2002 still has by far and away the best gameplay of all the EA crciket games and I say that will include this one.

Can Locksley confirm please if you can definitely change names and/or faces etc.....

thanks God...I mean Locksley. :)

I think I saw in another trailer (the one NZL Fan posted) that you can change the names.

Latest posts