• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA Cricket 2005 & BLC Movies

There are proper names in the licensed tournaments but you can also change the others using the player editor. To quote the community liasion Rubbergenius:
"I imagine they'll be an unofficial patch floating round the internet soon after release"
On PS2/XBox etc you can still do it through the ingame editor.

Originally posted by kingwilko@Jun 14 2005, 09:07 PM
There are proper names in the licensed tournaments but you can also change the others using the player editor. To quote the community liasion Rubbergenius:
"I imagine they'll be an unofficial patch floating round the internet soon after release"
On PS2/XBox etc you can still do it through the ingame editor.
collective sigh

<< >>

alright!!

<

Originally posted by Wally@Jun 17 2005, 11:58 AM
How good are those videos!
man i cant see those vids

but by feedback this is going to be the greatest of all

<
<
<
<

i have ordered mine from the UK

BLIC's here we come

Originally posted by ak47@Jun 17 2005, 03:29 PM
for anyone in the ANZAC region that cant wait till septemeber for RPIC

order BLICs at

http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=10290&mid=325694

apparantly they will forward a free demo if u pre-order

demo available around 30june2005

about a week before EA's release ie Codemasters tactic to sway potential EA sales

ALL GOOD STUFF!!!!!!!!
Okay - but let that be all we say bro! Unless they try and inform companies not to allow to send here - like was going to happen with rugby 2005 - remember!!

Mine is already ordered - 5-7 days to arrive from release day!!! But don't think it is same place. Anyway - that's it - mum's the word...okay ak?

<

<

byt the way it's not september -it's MID- OCTOBER!! ridiculous marketing - they forgot the number one rule =

vox populi vox dei - the voice of the people is the voice of god.

peace.

Originally posted by Los Lover@Jun 17 2005, 03:06 PM

peace.
yes definately

surely by the new consoles they will eliminate the region by region release dates

i mean - we down here can play UK games

we also play the same sports

releasing a sports game on different date for diff region by up to a week is forbidden

we have the technology to bust a local market
they gotto get it together

Originally posted by ak47+Jun 17 2005, 04:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jun 17 2005, 04:19 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Jun 17 2005, 03:06 PM

peace.
yes definately

surely by the new consoles they will eliminate the region by region release dates

i mean - we down here can play UK games

we also play the same sports

releasing a sports game on different date for diff region by up to a week is forbidden

we have the technology to bust a local market
they gotto get it together [/b]
I couldn't agree anynore.

this is a globalised world for the most part...

cynical marketing will not be tolerated, if only because it can't be implemented.

Where there's a will (oh and there is), there is always a way....

<

Originally posted by Los Lover+Jun 17 2005, 03:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Jun 17 2005, 03:06 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Jun 17 2005, 03:29 PM

order BLICs at

about a week before EA's release ie Codemasters tactic to sway potential EA sales

ALL GOOD STUFF!!!!!!!!
Okay - but let that be all we say bro! Unless they try and inform companies not to allow to send here - like was going to happen with rugby 2005 - remember!!

Mine is already ordered - 5-7 days to arrive from release day!!! But don't think it is same place. Anyway - that's it - mum's the word...okay ak?

<

<

byt the way it's not september -it's MID- OCTOBER!! ridiculous marketing - they forgot the number one rule =

peace. [/b]
So there shouldn't be a problem playing European playstation2 and xbox games on NZL consoles???

Originally posted by NZL fan+Jun 20 2005, 04:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Jun 20 2005, 04:43 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Los Lover@Jun 17 2005, 03:06 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Jun 17 2005, 03:29 PM

order BLICs at

ALL GOOD STUFF!!!!!!!!

<

<

peace.
So there shouldn't be a problem playing European playstation2 and xbox games on NZL consoles??? [/b]
I dunno about European as such...

But (for certain) English games are PAL and (for certain) NZ games are PAL. America and Japan and other places have NTSC - which can only be played on a mod-chipped PS1 or 2....

hope helps...

Order BLIC from England and you will have ten weeks before it comes out here.

I predict RPIC will sell almost 50% less as a result.

I love it how they say on the codemasters site..."Our studies have shown it will not affect sales (releasing them two centuries apart)"....Yeah good one mate...get ready for one hell of a wake-up call Condom Genius or whoever.

Cheers for that...

......so on xbox any xbox game will work on any xbox console??

also just to make all of you, who think you can wait it out and are PS2 owners, very, very angry.

RPIC for NO REASON WHATSOEVER is priced accordingly...ready??

XBOX - 89.95
PC - 89.95
PS2 - 109.95

reason? none! Except ripping us off. Well f*** you and f*** off - I can get it cheaper now including air mail from overseas...suck this big, fat, cricket bat shaped cock. Dickheads.

Originally posted by NZL fan@Jun 20 2005, 05:11 PM
Cheers for that...

......so on xbox any game will work on any console??
<

you have totally stumped me. Locksley!! Can you help NZL fan here? thanks.

- are xboxes or their games different in different regions? thanks.

This seems to answer my question..........

Can the UK Xbox play US Xbox games & vice-versa?
Unfortunately No, the North American box will only play North American games. The regional encoding is set when it passes through certification & in to the authorized replicators. North American Xbox systems will only play NTSC games, Japanese boxes will play NTSC-J games & Europe & the rest of the PAL territories will only play games marked with the PAL symbol.

Originally posted by Los Lover@Jun 20 2005, 04:13 PM
also just to make all of you, who think you can wait it out and are PS2 owners, very, very angry.

XBOX - 89.95
PC - 89.95
PS2 - 109.95

reason? none! Except ripping us off. Well f*** you and f*** off - I can get it cheaper now including air mail from overseas...suck this big, fat, cricket bat shaped cock. Dickheads.
Teehee.
<

I knew the PC version would be priced like that. Don't know why the Xbox version is that cheap. Maybe they don't think it'll sell as well?? Who knows?

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Jun 20 2005, 05:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Jun 20 2005, 05:55 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Jun 20 2005, 04:13 PM

XBOX - 89.95
PC - 89.95
PS2 - 109.95

Teehee.
<

I knew the PC version would be priced like that. Don't know why the Xbox version is that cheap. Maybe they don't think it'll sell as well?? Who knows? [/b]
The PC version is always cheaper - as it should be. I could care less if it was 20 dollars I still wouldn't buy it and I have a PC...they are simply not made for games - it is unnatural.

The Xbox however being cheaper is totally ridiculous and without reason. WHY!! Hell, I don't care, mine's coming in air mail - as a big symbolic "f*** you" to the marketing team behind the SH release date - all up for less than that NZ PS2 price....what a joke! I actually save money by having it flown halfway around the world. So sad it is funny.
<

If logic prevails and people take a stand - I should be able to count the RPIC owners in New Zealand with one hand. Who gives a flying f*** about the cover...and even if you did, as a kiwi, you'd surely rather have Lara wouldn't you. I know I'd rather have the Lara cover.

so to be sure - commentators aren't different or anything? Everything is the same. And I don't want to hear the ol' scaremongering rubbish of "they might add things as it is getting released later"...RUBBISH. Game programmers have become slovenly, lazy, corner-cutting mongrels for the most part, and there will be NO differences (unless implemented early - like different commentators). Can someone confirm whether there are the same commentators etc....only cover different.

Thanks

and NO, I will not check the codemasters site....I have once, it left me queezy. any info would be much appreciated.

Be quiet you drunken fool!
<

Man, you wave about more than... a .....wavey thing.

Of course I'd rather have Lara on the cover over Ponting. Hell, after these Rexona ads I'd have him over Flemming. Talk about a sudden urge to squirt pen ink into your eye.

And, as for the "computer things are unnatural for games because ps2's rule" thing. Actually, some PC's are designed specifically to handle games. And, in many genres, video games play far better on PC's than consoles. And, with all of the available peripherals (to improve any game), and modding options, PC's are the gaming platform of choice for the rich man. Unfortunately, I'm not one.

Personally, I can't wait until I get my Xbox version for $20 less than expected.

Originally posted by Los Lover+Jun 20 2005, 07:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Jun 20 2005, 07:56 PM)</div>
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jun 20 2005, 05:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover

XBOX - 89.95
PC - 89.95
PS2 - 109.95

Teehee.
<

I knew the PC version would be priced like that. Don't know why the Xbox version is that cheap. Maybe they don't think it'll sell as well?? Who knows?
The PC version is always cheaper - as it should be. I could care less if it was 20 dollars I still wouldn't buy it and I have a PC...they are simply not made for games - it is unnatural.

The Xbox however being cheaper is totally ridiculous and without reason. WHY!! Hell, I don't care, mine's coming in air mail - as a big symbolic "f*** you" to the marketing team behind the SH release date - all up for less than that NZ PS2 price....what a joke! I actually save money by having it flown halfway around the world. So sad it is funny.
<

If logic prevails and people take a stand - I should be able to count the RPIC owners in New Zealand with one hand. Who gives a flying f*** about the cover...and even if you did, as a kiwi, you'd surely rather have Lara wouldn't you. I know I'd rather have the Lara cover.

so to be sure - commentators aren't different or anything? Everything is the same. And I don't want to hear the ol' scaremongering rubbish of "they might add things as it is getting released later"...RUBBISH. Game programmers have become slovenly, lazy, corner-cutting mongrels for the most part, and there will be NO differences (unless implemented early - like different commentators). Can someone confirm whether there are the same commentators etc....only cover different.

Thanks

and NO, I will not check the codemasters site....I have once, it left me queezy. any info would be much appreciated. [/b]
The official website suggests that there is no difference (except in cover) between BLC and RPC............

The 6 commentators already include one or two Aussies thus there would be no need to change any of the commentators in RPC.

Originally posted by NZL fan+Jun 21 2005, 09:08 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Jun 21 2005, 09:08 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Los Lover@Jun 20 2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jun 20 2005, 05:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover

XBOX - 89.95
PC - 89.95
PS2 - 109.95

Teehee.
<

<

Thanks

and NO, I will not check the codemasters site....I have once, it left me queezy. any info would be much appreciated.
The official website suggests that there is no difference (except in cover) between BLC and RPC............

The 6 commentators already include one or two Aussies thus there would be no need to change any of the commentators in RPC. [/b]
Wahoooooooooooooooooo!!

cheers NZL fan.....my order is confirmed now and I am STOKED!!!!

Also, sorry kaftka, I am drunk with power!! hehe...

No, seriously, I was not directing either the PC or Xbos diatribe at you.

I am also poor , but I have bought a projector set-up etc for less than most spend on their pcs...and only a madman would not think it kicks ass!
<

Played meeden 2005 on it today....hadn't played for monthe but thought, it might be good...and wow!!! It held up fine...

If I was going to spend 1400 dollars I would rather get a projector screen, projector, lava lamps and bean bags etc (like I did) than one computer. I mean - **** jack!!
<

Latest posts