• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA Cricket 2005 & BLC Movies

Originally posted by NZL fan@Jun 22 2005, 07:45 AM
In fact their is 3 Aussie commentators, 2 English and one West Indian.........
let it be Michael Holding

yaah maaan, vedy good borling dare!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Los Lover+Jun 21 2005, 06:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Jun 21 2005, 06:55 PM)</div>
Originally posted by NZL fan@Jun 21 2005, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Los Lover@Jun 20 2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jun 20 2005, 05:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Jun 20 2005, 04:13 PM
also just to make all of you, who think you can wait it out and are PS2 owners, very, very angry.

RPIC for NO REASON WHATSOEVER is priced accordingly...ready??

XBOX - 89.95
PC - 89.95
PS2 - 109.95

reason? none! Except ripping us off. Well f*** you and f*** off - I can get it cheaper now including air mail from overseas...suck this big, fat, cricket bat shaped cock. Dickheads.

Teehee.
<

I knew the PC version would be priced like that. Don't know why the Xbox version is that cheap. Maybe they don't think it'll sell as well?? Who knows?

The PC version is always cheaper - as it should be. I could care less if it was 20 dollars I still wouldn't buy it and I have a PC...they are simply not made for games - it is unnatural.

The Xbox however being cheaper is totally ridiculous and without reason. WHY!! Hell, I don't care, mine's coming in air mail - as a big symbolic "f*** you" to the marketing team behind the SH release date - all up for less than that NZ PS2 price....what a joke! I actually save money by having it flown halfway around the world. So sad it is funny.
<

If logic prevails and people take a stand - I should be able to count the RPIC owners in New Zealand with one hand. Who gives a flying f*** about the cover...and even if you did, as a kiwi, you'd surely rather have Lara wouldn't you. I know I'd rather have the Lara cover.

so to be sure - commentators aren't different or anything? Everything is the same. And I don't want to hear the ol' scaremongering rubbish of "they might add things as it is getting released later"...RUBBISH. Game programmers have become slovenly, lazy, corner-cutting mongrels for the most part, and there will be NO differences (unless implemented early - like different commentators). Can someone confirm whether there are the same commentators etc....only cover different.

Thanks

and NO, I will not check the codemasters site....I have once, it left me queezy. any info would be much appreciated.

The official website suggests that there is no difference (except in cover) between BLC and RPC............

The 6 commentators already include one or two Aussies thus there would be no need to change any of the commentators in RPC.
Wahoooooooooooooooooo!!

cheers NZL fan.....my order is confirmed now and I am STOKED!!!!

Also, sorry kaftka, I am drunk with power!! hehe...

No, seriously, I was not directing either the PC or Xbos diatribe at you.

I am also poor , but I have bought a projector set-up etc for less than most spend on their pcs...and only a madman would not think it kicks ass!
<

Played meeden 2005 on it today....hadn't played for monthe but thought, it might be good...and wow!!! It held up fine...

If I was going to spend 1400 dollars I would rather get a projector screen, projector, lava lamps and bean bags etc (like I did) than one computer. I mean - **** jack!!
<
[/b]
You got to have the room to set a puppy like that up though.

Originally posted by Los Lover+Jun 21 2005, 06:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Jun 21 2005, 06:55 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
also just to make all of you, who think you can wait it out and are PS2 owners, very, very angry.

XBOX - 89.95
PC - 89.95
PS2 - 109.95

reason? none! Except ripping us off. Well f*** you and f*** off - I can get it cheaper now including air mail from overseas...suck this big, fat, cricket bat shaped cock. Dickheads.

Teehee.
<

I knew the PC version would be priced like that. Don't know why the Xbox version is that cheap. Maybe they don't think it'll sell as well?? Who knows?

The PC version is always cheaper - as it should be. I could care less if it was 20 dollars I still wouldn't buy it and I have a PC...they are simply not made for games - it is unnatural.

The Xbox however being cheaper is totally ridiculous and without reason. WHY!! Hell, I don't care, mine's coming in air mail - as a big symbolic "f*** you" to the marketing team behind the SH release date - all up for less than that NZ PS2 price....what a joke! I actually save money by having it flown halfway around the world. So sad it is funny.
<

If logic prevails and people take a stand - I should be able to count the RPIC owners in New Zealand with one hand. Who gives a flying f*** about the cover...and even if you did, as a kiwi, you'd surely rather have Lara wouldn't you. I know I'd rather have the Lara cover.

so to be sure - commentators aren't different or anything? Everything is the same. And I don't want to hear the ol' scaremongering rubbish of "they might add things as it is getting released later"...RUBBISH. Game programmers have become slovenly, lazy, corner-cutting mongrels for the most part, and there will be NO differences (unless implemented early - like different commentators). Can someone confirm whether there are the same commentators etc....only cover different.

Thanks

and NO, I will not check the codemasters site....I have once, it left me queezy. any info would be much appreciated.

The official website suggests that there is no difference (except in cover) between BLC and RPC............

The 6 commentators already include one or two Aussies thus there would be no need to change any of the commentators in RPC.
Wahoooooooooooooooooo!!

I am also poor , but I have bought a projector set-up etc for less than most spend on their pcs...and only a madman would not think it kicks ass!
<

Played meeden 2005 on it today....hadn't played for monthe but thought, it might be good...and wow!!! It held up fine...

If I was going to spend 1400 dollars I would rather get a projector screen, projector, lava lamps and bean bags etc (like I did) than one computer. I mean - **** jack!!
<
[/b]
Were you drunk in that last post? You seemed a little more incoherent than usual.

Also, please note, I was being sarcastic in your sig.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Jun 22 2005, 06:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Jun 22 2005, 06:33 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Los Lover@Jun 21 2005, 06:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover

XBOX - 89.95
PC - 89.95
PS2 - 109.95

Teehee.
<

<

Thanks

Wahoooooooooooooooooo!!

<

<
Were you drunk in that last post? You seemed a little more incoherent than usual.

Also, please note, I was being sarcastic in your sig. [/b]
of course you were...
<

that is why I have used it
<

Isn't that why you used my comment in yours...even though I was being more sincere? Something to think about.

And to clear the ass comment - lol! - it was lame shock tactics....I have since doubted it's humour value.

Originally posted by Wally+Jun 22 2005, 02:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Jun 22 2005, 02:41 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Los Lover@Jun 21 2005, 06:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover

XBOX - 89.95
PC - 89.95
PS2 - 109.95

Teehee.
<

<

Thanks

Wahoooooooooooooooooo!!

<

<
You got to have the room to set a puppy like that up though. [/b]
Precisely the myth that stops people buying this/my set-up....

which is why I got my 4000 hour bulb dlp projector for 900 bucks!!

There is a thing called throw ratio....and zoom lens, focus etc that means you can get a big image in small space.

I have an entertainment room that was once a small outside deck...it has been built over and has windows etc......It is very small - probably four1/2-five metres long and three metres wide - Max.

Yet I happily watch movies and games on jumbo bean bags and play/watch with an image that is 1.5 metres wide and 1.3 metres high...This is with the surround sound and 32 inch comfortably behind us against the wall for watching normal tv and stuff - with a simple rotation of the bean bags and blow-up furniture. It is the bomb.

My pc is in my bedroom adjacent - and it is a piece of ****....came free with laptop...but!!!! It is perfectly adeqaute...

So I ask you - 1400 dollar computer with graphics cards and chips etc etc etc etc etc........

or - Projector screen, projector, Bean bag couches, lava lamps - Blue for blue controller side and red for red controller side (yep!!), bean footstools etc......for less than 1400 dollars....maybe 1250 all up.

I say it's a no-brainer.......and I'll be reminded of that fact when I watch the Lions v All Blacks on it on Saturday - have s-video cable for Sky Digital and component to projector connections for gaming.....

F**k graphics cards - hahahha!!!

Projectors are one of those great gems that too many have not yet discovered. Keep them healthy and they will serve you as long as a tv (with replacement bulbs every three or four years of course).....about 5 cents an hour mine works out to.

<

has anyone read the comments of this demo

its hard to believe how good it sounds

i have seen an animation of a caught behind in an avatar, and if i didnt know it was brian lara cricket, i would have thought it was the real deal

this is unbelievable

comments comparing the AI to PES and unpredictability to PES is astonishing

comparing anything to PES is HUGE

the fact its one of our backyard sports ------> ak47, grabs an annual leave form!

So many positive comments on the demo..............only the odd minor ****le.

Computer AI seems spot on as well. Chases down scores sensibly, varies their line, length, over/around, and also angle of runup(wide/normal) when bowling.

Also bowling/fielding seems to be a lot of fun (unlike every cricket game produced prior to this).

Codies have taken the game of cricket, added their own spin on it, and produced an interesting and absorbing game........

From all the info in front of us EA sports/HB studios, have wheeled out the same, tired old gameplay (initially developed for cricket 2002), added the FIFA graphics and called it a brand new cricket game.........

thus far the main ****le in BLIC's is every fielder throws to the keeper
also not being able to charge the bowler - perhaps no stumpings

it is a demo and maybe this will be fixed

i can live with these ****les........fielders throwing to keeper everytim wont bug me
not being able to stump will **** me off

but most importantly the positives coming out of this outway the non-stumping issue - if it is true that is - only a demo remember

every feedback from this say forget about EA..........THATS ALL I NEEDED TO KNOW

when they go on and compare things to PES - thats where i grabbed the annual leave form

Funny that EA is due out in a week or so, and i havent heard anything about it!
No marketing, no nothing.........EA r ratshit and someone should forward a copy of BLIC to AW's desk!

This BLIC's phenomenom is all positive towards Rugby Challenge 2006.....imagine if they can interface the codies touch into that aswell!!!!!

It does seem Codies have alot to do with it
When codies and swordfish team up they havent failed, and by BLICS feedback the precedent has been set again!!!!!!!!

One of the best features is the game plays very QUICKLY.......

Unlike the laboured gameplay of EAs efforts, there is less downtime between balls, the ball seems to go a lot quicker through the air/on the ground, and fielders appear to move quickly to the ball and unleash their throws........people are playing the 6 overs a side demo in very good time.

From the vids I have seen of the demo being played the camera angles look great, adding to the overall presentation of the games. This includes excellent replays, cameras zooming in on the ball when it is hard to pick up whilst in the air, camera effortlessly sweeping down to fielder eye view when shots are played to fielders, cameras zooming in on the pads in LBW/bowled situation and then zooming back out to see the inner field/bowler appeal/umpire decision.

Lots of cricketers (even relatively minor ones) seem to have their exact bowling action (check out the vids of Gayles "loping in style" for instance)

Note: I swear thats Billy Bowden in the demo
<

Originally posted by NZL fan@Jun 24 2005, 02:00 PM
One of the best features is the game plays very QUICKLY.......

Unlike the laboured gameplay of EAs efforts, there is less downtime between balls, the ball seems to go a lot quicker through the air/on the ground, and fielders appear to move quickly to the ball and unleash their throws........people are playing the 6 overs a side demo in very good time.

From the vids I have seen of the demo being played the camera angles look great, adding to the overall presentation of the games. This includes excellent replays, cameras zooming in on the ball when it is hard to pick up whilst in the air, camera effortlessly sweeping down to fielder eye view when shots are played to fielders, cameras zooming in on the pads in LBW/bowled situation and then zooming back out to see the inner field/bowler appeal/umpire decision.

Lots of cricketers (even relatively minor ones) seem to have their exact bowling action (check out the vids of Gayles "loping in style" for instance)

Note: I swear thats Billy Bowden in the demo
<
yeah

a 6 over match goes for 15mins...........12 overs in 15mins - yep yep

where's this vid NZL???

Re: LBW.wmv

well i was dubious over the LBW
<

i thought being a spinner - he was un
<
lucky to be given out

but then hawkeye sent me and my cricket knowledge packing......do not pass go, do not colllect $200, i got nothing
<
<

first time ever - a game proved me wrong
<
<

roll it, roll it roll on July 21

i reckon RPIC is being delayed to include the underarm
<

cant think of any other reason
<

Originally posted by ak47@Jun 24 2005, 03:42 PM
Re: LBW.wmv

well i was dubious over the LBW
<

i thought being a spinner - he was un
<
lucky to be given out

but then hawkeye sent me and my cricket knowledge packing......do not pass go, do not colllect $200, i got nothing
<
<

first time ever - a game proved me wrong
<
<

roll it, roll it roll on July 21

i reckon RPIC is being delayed to include the underarm
<

cant think of any other reason
<
As in the real game hawkeye in BLC will also prove that some LBW dismissals shouldn't have been given as well..........

EA sports have just released their demo, and its getting some pretty poor reviews..........

Some problems first shown in Locks vid seem to be the norm, especially:

*Ball racing to the boundary faster off the pads then off the bat.
*Computer bowler bowling 3 balls an over at yorker length, and the batsman is still unable to do a lot with balls pitched at that length.
*Wicketkeeper letting thru LOTS of byes, even simple takes are missed (ala cricket 2004).
*Game is v...e...r....y s...........l...............o.....w, takes too much time to play, ball never seems to arrive, thus you never quite get as involved in the play/game.
*Some players are modelled incorrectly (ie.Kabir Ali is white)

Download 283 Mb for just three overs, and they only bowl a couple of part time spinners.

yeah i have only heard bad things about cricket 2005 not sure if i want to download the demo

welli downloaded it haven't played it yet but its only 3 overs and you can't bowel. Although some of the guys on planetcricket forums reckon they will be able to modify it

Apparantly in cricket 2005 you can still take a slow bowler (ie. Vetori) and if you pitch that certain length you can clean bowl most of the opposition team (ala cricket 2002,2004).

Shots are still exactly the same as cricket 2004/2002 (ie. Easy sixes to be had in the usual places).....

Also computer controlled fielders move at impossible speeds and "warp" into catching positions from places on the field where it would be impossible to make a catch.

This game is total "rehashed" rubbish, and I can only hope that NOBODY on this forum gives away some of their hard earned to buy it (otherwise we are only supporting/justifying sub-standard game development from HB studios).

Latest posts