• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA Rugby 2006 - Best players in positions

<div class='quotemain'>
well i wouldnt take it too personally.

its only a game. and of course ea is a 'capitalist' company???!!!?

france have probably come off poorly because you 'french capitalist pigdogs' sold the french league rights to somebody else.

the uk games market is one of the largest in the world (probably why they are so poor at anything that actually involves going outside and kicking a ball around) so of course ea want to sell here.

england are playing poorly but what would have been the point in making them worse than say scotland (sorry scotland) only to have them win a grand slam last year. as the game was made before last years 6N there was always that possibility (ie. they didnt know they would finish 4th). i think if the game were to be released now they probably would have a lower rating, but at the time ea didnt want to shoot themselves in the foot.

im sure for the moment the french can take solice in the fact that they have an excellent rating in real life where it really matters, and take joy from watching the best team in the game bend england over the car bonnet in 3 weeks time.

i will.
[/b]

hum sorry mate but they've used the 2003 english team ... u say they couldn't know the '06 tournament results ... its what i've said, they didn''t notice england finished 3rd in '04 and 4th in '05 !!! btw scotland are also underrated.
I'll watch the autumn tests and enjoy england being kicked by ABs and then see the victory of france in lyon against these ABs, as 'ill be at the stadium :) :bleh!: B)
i'm fed up that crap capitalism (comunism is also **** btw) leading to individualism and to **** on ppl for 2£.
[/b][/quote]

right, but they didnt know the 05 result. sorry my bad if i said 06.

at the time of release scotland were not really unrelated and only had a resonable performance against the abs (a loss an all) to their name.

the fact they have many of the 2003 players is because many of that team are still playing. one of the reasons england are a complete shower of sh*te at the moment is because many are injured.

its easy to say all this with hindsight and knowledge the programmers did not have at release time but at the end of the day why would ea alienate half their audience by making england terrible? i agree, they are well overrated and should be on a par with ireland or so, but would sidhe interactive make new zealand way better than australias rugby league team on the basis of an amazing tri tri nations victory? probably not.

either way i guess its a matter of opinion, altho probably not too much to do with social politics?

be sure to knock a few points off your left wing french when the all blacks bend you over in your own back garden.

;)

:) waiting for U in our back garden !!! :).

programmers should be more honest and close to reality. why didn't they put 99 in every ab for every english players ???... pffff silly. they're not going to rate france as strong as saf or aus ... it would be scandalous to have a french team better than an english one !!!
i never said anything against AB stats so why did they make us so crap ??? did you notice there is only one star player in the french team where you have at least 3 or 4 in the major nations ...

yeah you are right.

at the risk of reapeating myself i think its just ea pandering to the market. every company does it.
if its any consolation, i think come the world cup edition of the game, france will be overrated as ea tend to do that with the home teams in the fifa world cup games.

do you know who has the rights to the official french liscences for the top 14 and lnr?
i cant remember if rugby challenge had it?

if ea get that then you would have a depth in the quad and more chance of having some star players.
as it is ea havnt given any of the 'unnofficial' players in the game stars, even the ones who are copies of players that do!

yeah you are right.

at the risk of reapeating myself i think its just ea pandering to the market. every company does it.
if its any consolation, i think come the world cup edition of the game, france will be overrated as ea tend to do that with the home teams in the fifa world cup games.

do you know who has the rights to the official french liscences for the top 14 and lnr?
i cant remember if rugby challenge had it?

if ea get that then you would have a depth in the quad and more chance of having some star players.
as it is ea havnt given any of the 'unnofficial' players in the game stars, even the ones who are copies of players that do!
[/b]

hum its very crap !!!

fortunatly our friend woosah has done a player editor for that ... with the money they earn with those games, couldn't they pay someone to watch the games and honestly rate the players with their performances on the field ...

i think rugby challenge have the rights for the top 14 but its not because of that, that ea can't rate the players honestly or put a star ... i think the false players do have a star (check in toulouse and see if nyanga has one) but there are so few ppl with a star in the unoficial teams (mainly 'cause its french players !!!) that you may think that false players don't get a star. pityfull ea ...
even if you hate france ('cause they are arogant :cheers: ) its crap to have these players as you couldn't be satisfied of beating these f****** frogs

Latest posts