• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA Rugby 2008 Discussion Thread

don't think things like blood would come into rugby yet. the rating would go up to high and reduce sales. I want them to focus on the core gameplay before adding small but useless detail like blood

Forget the hair cuts

BRING IN BLOOD - ALL NEW REALISTIC BLOOD BIN

EA SPORTS CUT-MAN ported from FNR3

imagine blood streaming down ones face, and off you go, and u have to patch it up in limited time.
[/b]

I think a realistic blood bin would be a good idea, but the cut-man thing I dont really think would help the game, because it would mean you have to break away from playing the game for the "10 minute" blood bin, I think that you should have a choice to have the player stitched up and continue risking further blood bins or to just sub the player

don't think things like blood would come into rugby yet. the rating would go up to high and reduce sales. I want them to focus on the core gameplay before adding small but useless detail like blood
[/b]

Although blood would raise the age limit, I dont think that it would reduce sales too badly. The NHL series has an age limit due to the fighting and that game isnt doing badly in the sales market

guys you are loosing sight of the important issues..

i dont care if the players have blood or are running around naked!

ea's 1st priority should fix the ai and make rugby 08 a challenging game with smooth gameplay!

well said BOKean]

the ai is appalling and in my opinions is the single biggest floor within the game.

guys you are loosing sight of the important issues..

i dont care if the players have blood or are running around naked!

ea's 1st priority should fix the ai and make rugby 08 a challenging game with smooth gameplay!
[/b]

Yeah I was just responding to peoples "fine-tuning" comments and I fully agree that the most important thing to improve is the AI on both offense and defense as its really annoying how easy it is to win on elite

Yeah I just hope that our sentiment is shared by the majority of gamers, I still haven't forgotten how flabbergasted I was that one reviewer totally derided the game based on how "impossible" it was to defend against the AI.
Seriously if EA bases its research on the effectiveness of its AI on such "respected opinions" then I'm afraid there won't be much improvement and god forbid they dumb it down!!!!

simple way to increase lifespan, and AI

add f***ing custom sliders, not a hard concept. for example you could have:

human settings:
handling 50%
pass acuracy 50%
ruck strength 50%
kick accuracy 50%
kick power 50%
etc.

cpu settings:
handling 75%
pass acuracy 75%
ruck strength 80%
kick accuracy 90%
kick power 60%
etc.

this way the sliders are on a 1-100% scale and you can change the game in the cpu's favour strongly or slightly as suited by your skill level simply by changing your sliders and the computers sliders a round a bit. SIMPLE AS f***ING THAT.

yes sliders would be great!!

what is with this game? why no official news yet?
its all abit sus.. if it does come out it will be late in the year to coincide with world cup - not next month.

"Line-outs o Simplify throw in controls o Provide greater functionality and authenticity for advanced users"

Is that a nod towards more options? (e.g. tap or catch at every 'position' and maybe even short lineouts?)

"We’ve topped all this by achieving a whole new feel to the game through all new cameras that allow unprecedented view of all the action on the field."

Thats not particularly heartening....a new feel to the game through camera angles alone. What about tweaks to movement and controls to create a new feel???

Ah well I wont judge until I play.

"We’ve topped all this by achieving a whole new feel to the game through all new cameras that allow unprecedented view of all the action on the field."

Thats not particularly heartening....a new feel to the game through camera angles alone. What about tweaks to movement and controls to create a new feel???

Ah well I wont judge until I play.
[/b]

I would take "We’ve topped all this" to mean that it's only to cap off other good changes made. Where does their quote say what yours did, "through camera angles alone."?

Also, the camera angles, if refined and done exactly right, would make a difference to playing the game. Quite a difference. Many people complained initially about the angles used in '06.

So, they may have solved those problems. May have. Lets wait and see.

I note your last comment and I do understand that you are just speculating like everyone else. Although at least you aren't passing final judgement until you play it. Which is good. :)

this is souding quite good...

that ai better be very hard to play against or i will be sick of this game, and sick of thrashing everyone +50 - 3

lets hope they make it challlenging not by cheating ai (90m kicks, and winning every ruck) but by smart ai who actually attacks!

Hey guys, I'm putting some classic players into the '06 version. Can anyone tell me who the best faces are in '06 to use for the following:

Grant Fox
David Campese
Andrew Mehrtens (Yes I know he's still playing)

There must be a few somewhat close faces that I could use?

Why is it that EA always adds features and fixes the problems that were least complained about? Honestly, camera angles, how many people would have listed that as their no. 1 priority for the next iteration of EA rugby?

Why is it that EA always adds features and fixes the problems that were least complained about? Honestly, camera angles, how many people would have listed that as their no. 1 priority for the next iteration of EA rugby?
[/b]

Dunno there is definately something weird with the camera angles. Sometimes it feels like your camped near their line, you lose the ball, the screen spins and its like your camped on your own line.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Dunno there is definately something weird with the camera angles. Sometimes it feels like your camped near their line, you lose the ball, the screen spins and its like your camped on your own line.
[/b][/quote]
huh?????

you sound like you've played it or seen these new camera angles!!!!

I think he was talking about 06... just playing on one of the end views rather than side view

Latest posts