• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA Rugby 2008 Discussion Thread

<div class='quotemain'>
Why is it that EA always adds features and fixes the problems that were least complained about? Honestly, camera angles, how many people would have listed that as their no. 1 priority for the next iteration of EA rugby?
[/b]

Dunno there is definately something weird with the camera angles. Sometimes it feels like your camped near their line, you lose the ball, the screen spins and its like your camped on your own line.
[/b][/quote]
Yeah, to me it is like the classic views are scrunched goal line to goal line yet the players run up and down slower, side to side quicker. On the side view the players run sideways or forward quicker and sideways or up and down slower. It is really wierd and one of the few things I'll give the Rugby League games props for getting right.

I think the end to end camera is zoomed in, thats why you have no sense of depth. You can see the posts in the foreground of the camera view when kicking off, thats how far back the camera is.

camra angles could be good by descriptions i have read, and the new features seem to be good ideas such as an ability to change defensive formations and apopt more defensive set such as a wasps like rush defence or a falcons drift. plus i like the idea of being able to play out historic world cup moments frm the past, i for 1 will definaty be buying it

Oh what descriptions of the camera angles have you read? Please expand.
As for defensive formations, well I was initially excited about the prospect of setting the team to rush defence, drift etc. but then I remembered that 06 has "defensive formations" as well i.e. kick, wide, tight etc. and if that is all EA is talking about in the features it will totally suck.
I too would enjoy playing historic moments from WC, what I wouldn't enjoy is playing the 95 WC with Richie McCaw and Dan Carter in the team, yes I believe it says "play historic matches with MODERN TEAMS" Very, very gay. Still if you can tell me that all this is not the case and you have found evidence otherwise I will be over the moon.

Oh what descriptions of the camera angles have you read? Please expand.
As for defensive formations, well I was initially excited about the prospect of setting the team to rush defence, drift etc. but then I remembered that 06 has "defensive formations" as well i.e. kick, wide, tight etc. and if that is all EA is talking about in the features it will totally suck.

im not sure what site it was on but, the preview stated that new camera angles such as ever moving camera which focused closer to the action and even the break down, and changed to behind the player when kicking was the one that grabbed my attention. if you remember 05 the you only had 4 set piece attack sets, which was changed in 06 to give more choise on the squad screen. i think that when ea say defensive formations in 08 it will be a similar system giveing more thean just the 4 options (kick, tight, wide, pocket)

Hi guys, I hate to be a pessimist but I fear this game really is just an update of 06 - EA are clearly cashing in on the rugby world cup and don't have the time, resources or inclination to invest in a proper rugby game.

All they can see are money signs, and I would very much doubt it if they have taken heed of any of the suggestions made on this website over the years. In fact none of them probably even know about this site. The proof will be in the pudding. Lets just see how many of the great suggestions posted on this forum actually make it into the game. I would be surprised if we see any.

Ea know there is a small rugby fan base who will buy this game whatever, and as long as they keep the standard to a certain level (well below what we are looking for) they know that we will all keep buying their games, and they're right. Also remember they run a monopoly on this sport. There is absolutely no competition in the market place so there isnt much incentive to pull their finger out. I am certain this is why we saw a big improvement in 06, because Rugby Challenge was also being launched. As soon as RC went out of production, EA commit minimum resources to rugby. i hope I am wrong but all my instincts say otherwise.

they made rugby 06 in about the same amount of time and i thought that was a good improvement on 05. EA have the resources and i'm oh so hopeful its not going to be rugby2004 again

in response to jimmy44. i thought 06 was a huge improvement over 05 but if your expecting it to be close to madden or something of course you are going to be dissapointed. Ofcourse they probably don't know about this site and why is this sites opinions so important? oh and just a suggestion try waiting till it comes out before bagging it and ea. after all they are making the only decent rugby series. ;)

in response to jimmy44. i thought 06 was a huge improvement over 05 but if your expecting it to be close to madden or something of course you are going to be dissapointed. Ofcourse they probably don't know about this site and why is this sites opinions so important? oh and just a suggestion try waiting till it comes out before bagging it and ea. after all they are making the only decent rugby series. ;) [/b]

Our sites opinion is so important because the majority of memebers that post in this section wish to voice their wants and opinions etc on EA Rugby games and in this particular thread Rugby 2008. If you were to apply your simple minded thoughts about this to everything and have everything your way, then there would be no discussion forums anywhere on the internet.

deep breath i wasn't attacking this site a quite like it actually. What i meant was why is this guy acting like ea rugby 08 should be specificailly customized to suit the posters on this site. hell he sounds like he thinks this is the only rugby site on the net and everyone who buys rugby games is on it. by the way are you stalking me honestly it was one little arguement its not like i'm the only one whos sworn at a member hell i would have thought tons would have sworn at you(rugby is a religion).

I think if this game is just an update with the rucks being tweaked....then it should be good.

R2006's major issue was rucks. Everything else was not that big an issue.

No matter what happens im still gonna buy for this game because im a sucker for ea games. To all the people who are boycotting this game i dont care really because i know ill be having a good time playing rugby 08. The main thing imo that they need to improve on is AI. Im sick of beating All Blacks with Japan.

I think if this game is just an update with the rucks being tweaked....then it should be good.

[/b]

THE GREAT WISE MAN HAS SPOKEN - THE DEADSET TRUTH!!!

:D

No matter what happens im still gonna buy for this game because im a sucker for ea games. To all the people who are boycotting this game i dont care really because i know ill be having a good time playing rugby 08. The main thing imo that they need to improve on is AI. Im sick of beating All Blacks with Japan.
[/b]
Lol love your sig about Shane Williams....especially number eight haha!
"-have unrivaled tackling technique"

[/b]
i don't think that was the only problem how bout the dumb computer ai even on elite and the game seems to reward cheap rugby in human v human players B)

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
i don't think that was the only problem how bout the dumb computer ai even on elite and the game seems to reward cheap rugby in human v human players B)
[/b][/quote]
Hmmmmmmm.......lol! I won't bother answering that :p

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Lol love your sig about Shane Williams....especially number eight haha!
"-have unrivaled tackling technique"
[/b][/quote]

Haha thanks.

I wonder whether when you win the classic WC games you will unlock video clips of the real games, Ea's problay to cheapskate, too bad theres no real competion for the rugby game market unlike with the american sports and even cricket

SPC never beat WBC even when jerry was there eh? who won this year's traditional anyway? i haven't been able to keep up..

SPC never beat WBC even when jerry was there eh? who won this year's traditional anyway? i haven't been able to keep up..
[/b]
wbc won easily and are dominating premier 1. Don't act like spc never wins the traditional we did it last year before losing in the final to you know who. :)

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
wbc won easily and are dominating premier 1. Don't act like spc never wins the traditional we did it last year before losing in the final to you know who. :)
[/b][/quote] i'm not 100% on this but it says something about unlocking videos on the back of the case. although i wouldn't quote me on that i'm not sure. B)

Latest posts