• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA Rugby 2008 Discussion Thread

From the videos it looks a lot faster and smoother than Rugby 06 - is that correct lads?

Glad to hear you can dive on the ball and get straight back up now if no one is on you. It does look like they have added a few minor improvements that were wrong with 06. but it's a pity they have not added anything of significance. I still say JLR is the best rugby game 10 years on!!!

Just a mention for this.. but on fifa 98 (a world cup edition) it listed all the international teams in the world and it also had a feature where you could call up reserves from a player pool. So for England, France, Australia and the other 122 teams or whatever, every player of that nationality in the game was listed under their team so you could never fail to have an outdated team

isn't that pretty similar to the roster edit in rugby 06 ?(under my rugby)and when you go into a tournament you can select from almost anyone from your chosen country to make your 30 man squad. B)

gutted to hear world league is stil there. wish it would f*** off. and be replaced with career mode. dumb

Rugby needs superstar mode imo, that way you take control of one person and get better contracts, etc also the game would be hard because you can't make your team win every game with rugby being a team sport.

I'll start of by saying this: "Who gives a **** about the f***ing World Cup feature, EA?!" We're more interested in f***ing gameplay and actual goddamn features.
It's like they think we're stupid... I mean -- correct me if I'm wrong here people - but didn't we have World Cup features in ALL OF OUR damn rugby games so far?! Jeez... It's nothing new. Creative scoring? 'Sif anyone gives a **** about that. Perhaps it might mean that you guys fixed up the corny resetting-animation of a player once they dive over the score-line... Not.

So what's to be excited about?! ****.

I swear when I laid eyes on the back of the cover I was majorly shocked to think that they've left us waitin' an extra year for... for... THIS?! So called "features" that featured in all of the 'predecessors'.

Oh my GAWD. C'mon you lazy pricks!! Regte klomp slapgatte.

And if I buy this game and find that Bloemmies' stadium, and/or Perth's Subiaco Oval is still missing...

The actual game better make up for the corny information that's leaked from sources.

Nee fok, man. :wall:

Hell i'm looking forward to the game, I'm over the initial let down of the game having no real advancements in game play, but heck i played 05 to death, 06 has risen from the dead on many occasions on my pc, so bring on 08. It might have its faults but it beats not having anything at all.

I just hope that they don't push the release date back any more, i can't hold on for that long..

I'll start of by saying this: "Who gives a **** about the f***ing World Cup feature, EA?!" We're more interested in f***ing gameplay and actual goddamn features.
It's like they think we're stupid... I mean -- correct me if I'm wrong here people - but didn't we have World Cup features in ALL OF OUR damn rugby games so far?! Jeez... It's nothing new. Creative scoring? 'Sif anyone gives a **** about that. Perhaps it might mean that you guys fixed up the corny resetting-animation of a player once they dive over the score-line... Not.

So what's to be excited about?! ****.

I swear when I laid eyes on the back of the cover I was majorly shocked to think that they've left us waitin' an extra year for... for... THIS?! So called "features" that featured in all of the 'predecessors'.

Oh my GAWD. C'mon you lazy pricks!! Regte klomp slapgatte.

And if I buy this game and find that Bloemmies' stadium, and/or Perth's Subiaco Oval is still missing...

The actual game better make up for the corny information that's leaked from sources.

Nee fok, man. :wall: [/b]

Small market + small budget + small development team + no competition + EA = crap game

yeah, bloody hell. i wish i was some millionaire with way too much money and not enough immagination to spend it coz then i'd just slap it all on developing a rugby game.

the only thing i'm looking forward to and buying this game is for the updated rosters... if only they had a proper player editor in 06, i may not have bothered buying this one..

Has EA stopped the flocking in 08 ? That just ****** me off in 06.

Also getting tackled in mid animation, I think I can count the number of animations on my hands.

Not all people dive the same, step the same, fend the same and some don't at all. The game should reflect that, Carter has a world class fend for example but I think his shoulder charge would be a bit weak.

So the world league mode is still in? will it be as much of a joke as previously? Does anyone know if they've still got all the clubs/franchises from the NH and SH?

So the world league mode is still in? will it be as much of a joke as previously? Does anyone know if they've still got all the clubs/franchises from the NH and SH? [/b]
they've got the sh clubs for sure and almost definitly got the nh.

So the world league mode is still in? will it be as much of a joke as previously? Does anyone know if they've still got all the clubs/franchises from the NH and SH? [/b]

world league is in and its exactly the same as before

Also getting tackled in mid animation, I think I can count the number of animations on my hands.

Not all people dive the same, step the same, fend the same and some don't at all. The game should reflect that, Carter has a world class fend for example but I think his shoulder charge would be a bit weak. [/b]

Sadly 'flocking' is still in as is the getting tackled in mid animation according to Lox - also all the animations are the same as 06. Sadly 08 is basically the same as 06 in all areas accept for different camera angles and an extended world cup tournament etc Its a blatent cash in on the world cup, rather than a proper sequel to the series

So does anyone know what price it is ($NZ) and wasn't there some mention somewhere about classice matches?

How much do you reckon the total development cost on this game was, not including promotion, manufacture of the disks and distribution, just development.
I mean they essentially added some new camera angles and updated the rosters and kits(we hope). So how much would that sterling amount of work actually cost?

the cost is too expensive. its something like 89.90 on pc dunno about ps2 though.

still i cant help myself but get it. Plus i am sure you guys want a rugby 08 editor if i can get it up and running :)

<div class='quotemain'> So the world league mode is still in? will it be as much of a joke as previously? Does anyone know if they've still got all the clubs/franchises from the NH and SH? [/b]

world league is in and its exactly the same as before

Not all people dive the same, step the same, fend the same and some don't at all. The game should reflect that, Carter has a world class fend for example but I think his shoulder charge would be a bit weak. [/b]

Sadly 'flocking' is still in as is the getting tackled in mid animation according to Lox - also all the animations are the same as 06. Sadly 08 is basically the same as 06 in all areas accept for different camera angles and an extended world cup tournament etc Its a blatent cash in on the world cup, rather than a proper sequel to the series

[/b][/quote]

How has world cup been extended? Do you have to qualify or something?

they added in the presentation and you can hold (a ridicculously oversized) version of the Web Ellis Trophy.

Latest posts